Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shane Lowry - 2019 Champion Golfer of The Year (note first post please for posting guidance)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭basillarkin

lowry blows up, poor mistake there after bogey

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭vapor trails

I'm just surprised he wasn't shouting at it in the air given how short it came up

what a bogey

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Remind me

DJ has stuck the after burners on

lowry back to 1 behind for now but way right off tee again, nearly on the 10th fairway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,160 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

The wind is causing havoc. Dustin gone bogey bogey and back to -10. Lowry looks like going to -9 after 16.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Some chip by Lowry. Ohh to have a short game half as good!!

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Remind me

Really unlucky not to hole that chip on 18

Second last group on Sunday, 1 back. Great position to be in after last few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Golfhead65

Remind me wrote: »
    Really unlucky not to hole that chip on 18

Second last group on Sunday, 1 back. Great position to be in after last few weeks.

The last 6 winners of this tournament according to those in sky studio have come from behind on last day

• Registered Users Posts: 21,208 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Birdie on 2 so joint leader. DJ making hard work of the second, but the free drop saving him a bit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭irishash

Mushy wrote: »
    Birdie on 2 so joint leader. DJ making hard work of the second, but the free drop saving him a bit

Can somebody explain that free drop to me. He was on the path, got a free drop, before he dropped it he changed the condition of the ground, dropped it twice and then placed it. My problem with all that is he hit a bad shot and did not get any sort of penalty out of it, he got his par. Why is he allowed to change the condition of the ground and what happened to "hit it as it lies".

• Registered Users Posts: 11,339 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

irishash wrote: »
    Can somebody explain that free drop to me. He was on the path, got a free drop, before he dropped it he changed the condition of the ground, dropped it twice and then placed it. My problem with all that is he hit a bad shot and did not get any sort of penalty out of it, he got his par. Why is he allowed to change the condition of the ground and what happened to "hit it as it lies".

You're allowed a drop off the path. He was dropping onto the pines, which are considered loose impediments, so he's allowed to move them. I think it's wrong that you can 'prepare' the area like that before you drop.

Path is always a free drop. Being allowed to improve the lie is a joke. Will we see people flattening grass if the drop was to be in the rough? As it isn't a hazard (like a bunker), it's why it was allowed

fullstop wrote: »
    You're allowed a drop off the path. He was dropping onto the pines, which are considered loose impediments, so he's allowed to move them. I think it's wrong that you can 'prepare' the area like that before you drop.

He always seems to get breaks like that. All day yesterday he was all over the course but yet always got a free drop or relief. Reminds me of the US open he won. I remember one shot he hit to heavy rough near a different fairway than the one he was meant to be on. He said the TV tower was in his way and got a free drop to the fairway. He then proceded to hit his shot over the TV tower anyway.

He always seems to get breaks like that. All day yesterday he was all over the course but yet always got a free drop or relief. Reminds me of the US open he won. I remember one shot he hit to heavy rough near a different fairway than the one he was meant to be on. He said the TV tower was in his way and got a free drop to the fairway. He then proceded to hit his shot over the TV tower anyway.

Stuff like that should be reviewed and penalties added, such a joke of a call

Huge birdie putt from Shane on the 6th, from 30ft. Johnson made his birdie on 5 to stay 1 behind on 11 under.

2 birdies in a row, including a beauty on 6.
    One ahead of DJ

• Registered Users Posts: 5,788 ✭✭✭Old diesel

Just got a 30 footer putt in the hole for birdie

Shane back to where he was after the front 9 yesterday. Hopefully he goes forward from here and not backwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,651 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

It'd be huge for him if he could beat DJ here, might be what he needs to kick on

• Advertisement

NDWC wrote: »
    It'd be huge for him if he could beat DJ here, might be what he needs to kick on

Especially after the US open a few years ago.

Bad bogey on nine by Shane. Joint leader with nine to play. Hopefully he can have a better back nine than yesterday.

Poor bogey on 9. Joined leader with CT Pan

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭Blud

In trouble on 12. Pan looking steady

Playing poorly again on back nine unfortunately. Missed putt on nine completely rattled him it seems.

Double bogey on twelve. Three behind now and looks totally demoralised.

C T Pan the leader playing excellent golf. His to lose now it seems.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Come on Shane !!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭techdiver

Seems to always follow up a mistake with another! So frustrating to watch sometimes!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,339 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Username checks out

techdiver wrote: »
    Seems to always follow up a mistake with another! So frustrating to watch sometimes!

Yeah as a professional you can’t make a mistake and then compound the error like he did at 12. Throwing away shots after all the hard work.

• Advertisement

Anyway may as well attack everything now. Needs leader to make a big error to have any chance.

Advertisement