Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

robinph runs around roads

Options
  • 04-12-2009 5:53pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,089 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I said several times that I might start up on of these training log things, but I kept on chickening out. But I've just decided now that I'll give it a go logging my miles up here for all to see, if I keep it up or get bored with it is another matter entirely. The following will probably contain too many races, too little planning of actual training and far too many energy gels will be consumed for normal mortals stomachs.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,089 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Today was 10miles at 7:55, not most consistent speed ever though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Welcome, does this mean you are going start taking it seriously?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭TheRoadRunner

Training for anything in particular ? Get the gels into you, you can't run pm empty !

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,089 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Training for anything in particular? I've signed up for Rotterdam in April so hope to beat by DCM'08 time of 3:27, and not break my leg in the process this time. If I can get below 3:20, or even better 3:06, then I'll be happy as those are the very old times of my dad and eldest brother.

Taking it seriously? The one thing that I do take seriously, is not taking it seroiusly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭christeb

About time we can keep a proper eye on you

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭misty floyd

robinph wrote: »

Taking it seriously? The one thing that I do take seriously, is not taking it seroiusly.

Are you serious about that? Good luck with the training.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

Great stuff Robinph, I'm sure I'll find this log very motivational :D (for me to keep my butt in gear)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭Macanri

Good running in Raheny last Wed night. I'm in the Christeb and Woodle camp - will be keeping an eye one this log to keep me on the straight and narrow. Good luck with the training and the log.

After getting annoyed with the computer trying to fix the pictures from today's 5k in the park I decided to go for a run whilst it had a think about the error of it's ways. Technically I shouldn't have gone though after finding some chocolate biscuits earlier which resulted in me then having a BM of 14+ so officially should have brought that down first, but most productive way of getting it down was to go for a run...

Did 5.5'ish @ 7:40'ish pace today, but it felt much much slower than that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

about time you started one of these, :)

Are you racing tomorrow?

• Advertisement

Yep, I'll be racing tomorrow.

Debating if I should wear a Santa hat or not though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

Yep, I'll be racing tomorrow.

Debating if I should wear a Santa hat or not though.

go for it, full santa gear and a pb would be nice..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

best of luck tomorrow and with the log and nice to meet you today. you got a nice pic of me too - i look better in the dark anyway so thanks.

kennyb3 wrote: »
    best of luck tomorrow and with the log and nice to meet you today. you got a nice pic of me too - i look better in the dark anyway so thanks.

That was a bit of a rubbish pic, but I'd just been messing with the camera settings and then I went and put the other lens on and the settings were all messed up. I've just seen another one of you actually running as I've gone through tagging and that should be up in a couple of minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

That was a bit of a rubbish pic, but I'd just been messing with the camera settings and then I went and put the other lens on and the settings were all messed up. I've just seen another one of you actually running as I've gone through tagging and that should be up in a couple of minutes.
    ah i was only joking, it was a very gloomy spot and seriously i do look better in the dark! my OH was very camera shy. thanks for introducing yourself beforehand

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭lecheile

looking forward to seeing your progress, as opposed to pics of others. Always welcome to join our group lsr on sun morn just over the road if interested. Btw . . 3.20 target. Was that a typo?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Good luck today and cheers for the pic yesterday. First pic where I was actually smiling!!

Finished todays BHAA 5k in18:58.

Was a nice race and good day for it, but my legs just didn't want to take part today and I think are insisting on a day off tomorrow. Who am I to argue with them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,612 ✭✭✭gerard65

I'll be keeping a close eye on this log;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Me an' all about time we got the chance to keep our eye on you. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

Nice time today Robinph. I was driving along the M50 earlier and there was a mighty wind blowing, so thats a good time considering. Will follow your log with interest.

lecheile wrote: »
    looking forward to seeing your progress, as opposed to pics of others. Always welcome to join our group lsr on sun morn just over the road if interested. Btw . . 3.20 target. Was that a typo?

It's not a typo. It's just one of many targets that I will pick and choose from on the way round so that I will definitely achieve at least one of them on the day

I have these to pick from so far, others may be added to the list later and in no particular order:
    Beat 3:20 - Dad's time in London 198?.
    Beat 3:27 - Me in DCM'08.
    Beat Woddle - If I fail at all other targets. ;)
    Beat 3:00 - Only if it's downhill and tail wind all the way.
    Beat 3:06 - Brothers time in Boston 1997, set the same time, give or take a day, as I was doing a 4:3? in London.
    Not get injured.
    Have a pint in Rotterdam.

I'm bound to be able to achieve at least one of them on the 11th April next year. Who said I didn't take this running lark seriously? :D
    Nice time today Robinph. I was driving along the M50 earlier and there was a mighty wind blowing, so thats a good time considering. Will follow your log with interest.

I only noticed the wind really on the ride back home afterwards and whilst warming up/ wandering around before hand, it wasn't too much of an issue during the race as there was either enough other people about to hide behind, or we were in amongst the trees.

Just plodded round another 5 and a bit miles today @ 7:40'ish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭jlang

Just spotted your new log. Good luck - try to ease into the high mileage. I don't want you to get too far ahead of me or I'll never catch you :)

New mod-ship? Sucker for punishment.

A 7 and a bit at 7:35 today in the rain.

13 and a bit at 7:50ish today. Wasn't going to go quite that far when I started, but 'twas a nice day so I kept going.

5.5'ish@ 7:35'ish today.

Now I'm going to drink a load of beers. :D

The loads of beers on Friday night still had me a bit messed up today due to my sleep being all out of synch, but once I'd got back from Santry and scraped the worst of the mud off myself figured I'd best go for a run. Sugar levels completely through the roof before hand again, probably still due to the messy night on Friday.

7 and a bit miles @ just over 7 pace today.

I discovered some new* paths marked on OSM which I had never spotted before on Google maps so went off for an investigate of somewhere a bit more interesting to run today. Glad I did it whilst it was still daylight or I'd have got lost and or fallen in the river, but running along a bit of trail through some woods, up and down some hills and across a soggy field was certainly much more interesting than doing laps around the streets.

An up and down and round about just shy of 7 miles @ average of 7:55 today.

* Definitely not actually new, just I'd never noticed where I was living before

• Advertisement

Did a 7 and a bit @ 7:30'ish today.

Got the sugar levels wrong though and didn't know who, what or where I was shortly after I got back due to then going hypo, not fun. :(

Advertisement