Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Weird, Wacky and Awesome World of the NFL - General Banter thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

2 years!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Madden cover odds:

Tim Tebow (DEN) -- 5/1
    Cam Newton (CAR) -- 13/2
    Rob Gronkowski (NE) -- 13/2
    Victor Cruz (NYG) -- 12/1
    Calvin Johnson (DET) -- 18/1
    Arian Foster (HOU) -- 18/1
    Jason Pierre-Paul (NYG) -- 20/1
    Ray Rice (BAL) -- 20/1
    Clay Matthews (GB) -- 20/1
    Michael Vick (PHI) -- 25/1
    LeSean McCoy (PHI) -- 25/1
    Patrick Willis (SF) -- 25/1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

There hasn't been a defensive player on their own since Ray Lewis and that was seven years ago

Give it to JPP

Jared Allen is a flamboyant player and very well known even if playing on the godawful Vikings, I'm surprised he is not higher in the odds
    For name recognition among casual fans he is way up near the top

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Would like to see Willis or JPP get it to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

Hazys wrote: »
    Madden cover odds:

Tim Tebow (DEN) -- 5/1
    Cam Newton (CAR) -- 13/2
    Rob Gronkowski (NE) -- 13/2
    Victor Cruz (NYG) -- 12/1

The Madden curse could be hitting Tebow before he even makes the cover, if Manning goes to Denver!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭mooonpie

Benimar wrote: »
    The Madden curse could be hitting Tebow before he even makes the cover, if Manning goes to Denver!

Nah, that's just the Broncos insurance for when the curse hits Tebow later!

Gotta be pro-active in these situations! :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,116 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Well I don't think EA will want a backup QB on their cover !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

adrian522 wrote: »
    Well I don't think EA will want a backup QB on their cover !!!

he wont be a backup at Denver anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,860 ✭✭✭nerd69

well if they do a vote on it its going to come down to who's fans have more time on there hands like last year id like to see allen get it if he promises to grow back the mullet

or a kicker kickers are people to

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

mikemac1 wrote: »
    There hasn't been a defensive player on their own since Ray Lewis and that was seven years ago

Give it to JPP

Jared Allen is a flamboyant player and very well known even if playing on the godawful Vikings, I'm surprised he is not higher in the odds
    For name recognition among casual fans he is way up near the top

Please god dont give it to JPP. I am not supersticious but there is something to the curse!!

I want Romo/LeSean McCoy/RGIII on the cover!!

if you go onto the madden 13 website they have a mock draft and hints as to what the rookie ratings will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

nerd69 wrote: »
    if you go onto the madden 13 website they have a mock draft and hints as to what the rookie ratings will be.

Interesting, I could have my draft board for the boards Madden fantasy franchise ready before the summer sweet!

You have a 360 or ps3 btw?

Interesting, I could have my draft board for the boards Madden fantasy franchise ready before the summer sweet!

You have a 360 or ps3 btw?

See the sig

Newcomers are welcome :)

mikemac1 wrote: »
    See the sig

Newcomers are welcome :)

im going to sound like in idiot now but whats a sig :)

is anyone else worried there teams going to take a chance on fat al if he becomes an eagle i will not be happy

Sorry, signature

You have a setting selected so you don't see them

Stroll over anyway

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1541

cool do ye have a league set up on the 360

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

cool do ye have a league set up on the 360

Yea.. Click on madden Nfl under my name...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

Thoroughly enjoyed this video. The guy who made this makes some of the very best compilation videos I've seen.

lads type skip bayless vs stephen a smith into youtube and watch some of there vids there on espn 2 of the funniest analysts iv ever seen in my life

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

Skip Bayless is subhuman scum and quite possibly the worst analyst I've ever seen in any sport.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,978 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Skip Bayless is subhuman scum and quite possibly the worst analyst I've ever seen in any sport.

hes an asshole, you should see his twitter

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

After watching him make a tool of himself in arguments with Jalen Rose and Stephen Smith (regarding Tebow), I'm actually wondering how this guy got on TV? Is it like the Dunphy effect with RTE? Get him to say something controversial and everyone will be talking about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,854 ✭✭✭deisedude

Reminds me of Dunphy and Hook with his ability to stir ****! Though Bayless is at a completely different level!

he may not be a likable person but probably the most entertaining combination of analysts iv ever seen.

deisedude wrote: »
    Reminds me of Dunphy and Hook with his ability to stir ****! Though Bayless is at a completely different level!

i dont think hook has a patch on him hook annoys people i was hopeing chris carter would punch skip

Can Cam win a superbowl? Just curious if people think he has it in him. Love watching him play!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Can Cam win a superbowl? Just curious if people think he has it in him. Love watching him play!

Absolutely. I can't see any reason he can't. Good attitude, good throw, smart, durable. He has it all. The only thing that could hold him back is maybe the lockout made him look better than he really is, I don't have anything to back this up but I felt rookie qbs did really well last year and it mightn't be a coincidence there was a lockout.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement