Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Weird, Wacky and Awesome World of the NFL - General Banter thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

If you check Rapaport's twitter he linked to a police report on the supposed WalMart incident. Sorry I can't link it, some other kind soul might do the honours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 929 ✭✭✭JCTO

If you check Rapaport's twitter he linked to a police report on the supposed WalMart incident. Sorry I can't link it, some other kind soul might do the honours.

Here is all 8 pages of it:

NFLdotcom/static/content/public/photo/2015/02/26/0ap3000000474214.pdf

I can't post proper links just yet with this account. Page 6,7 and 8 of the PDF is the juicy bits.

The gist of it is that someone saw a woman being dragged from one vehicle to another. Dispatch sent an officer to the seen he saw one car with its door open and a childs toy on the ground and another car pulled up with guys in it. He interviewed all on seen. Its not clear if Bryant was on seen or the Officer called him. But 2 maybe 3 of the vehicles were registered to Bryant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Couple of guys confirmed for the Veteran's Combine on March 22nd are Michael Sam and Vince Young.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Couple of guys confirmed for the Veteran's Combine on March 22nd are Michael Sam and Vince Young.
    Lol michael sam as a vetern....we have different deffinitions of that word

• Registered Users Posts: 39,556 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Lol michael sam as a vetern....we have different deffinitions of that word

Veteran ? Don't you need to have actually played in the league for an extended period of time to be considered a veteran ?

• Advertisement

I think the Veterans combine is to give UDFA's and late round picks a second go at it plus having older more experienced guys show off some skills in the hopes of getting picked up.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Josh McCown pulls in a 3/$14m deal with the Browns. $6.25m guaranteed, $5.25m of that in year one. The deal also has the possibility of rising to $20m with incentives. He's 35 now with a 17-32 record in the league.

Ladies and gentleman, the Browns.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Tristram

So it's essentially a 1 year deal right? If so I don't see the issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Cowboys have informed Dez Bryant's agent that he's getting the franchise tag on Monday, per Fox Sports. That'll pay him just under $13m for the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭tripperman

Paully D wrote: »
    Cowboys have informed Dez Bryant's agent that he's getting the franchise tag on Monday, per Fox Sports. That'll pay him just under $13m for the year.

rumored to be the lesser franchise tag, could be some coup for cowboys IMO, say raiders or jaguars bid on him and the cowboys dont match it, they would get two first round picks, they could be picking top five this year then, that could totally change the draft,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,830 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

tripperman wrote: »
    rumored to be the lesser franchise tag, could be some coup for cowboys IMO, say raiders or jaguars bid on him and the cowboys dont match it, they would get two first round picks, they could be picking top five this year then, that could totally change the draft,
    Can someone explain to me how that works? Didn't realise there was a lesser franchise tag, also I don't follow, if you outbid the team that tag him, you give up your first round pick?

Can someone explain to me how that works? Didn't realise there was a lesser franchise tag, also I don't follow, if you outbid the team that tag him, you give up your first round pick?

im a bit hazy on it myself, but nfl is reporting its not the excluisve tag, lesser tag if there out bid cowboys get two first round picks, could be a stroke by cowboys loses bryant and get a extra first round pick for two years

• Registered Users Posts: 10,830 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

tripperman wrote: »
    im a bit hazy on it myself, but nfl is reporting its not the excluisve tag, lesser tag if there out bid cowboys get two first round picks, could be a stroke by cowboys loses bryant and get a extra first round pick for two years

They must know what's in the video...

They must know what's in the video...

they must do, but if jerry jones pulls this off getting a top 5 pick IMO its some coup, they put a lot of time in with winston and mariota and combine so top five pick could be qb if they get it, thats just my thinking on it

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

You essentially tender a player, if he gets an offer from another team you get a chance to match it. If you choose not to mach the offer you get a compensation in the form of a draft pick based on the tender offered.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Restricted_free_agent

adrian522 wrote: »
    You essentially tender a player, if he gets an offer from another team you get a chance to match it. If you choose not to mach the offer you get a compensation in the form of a draft pick based on the tender offered.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Restricted_free_agent
    It's a non-exclusive franchise tag.
    If a team wants Dez they give up two first rounders to Dallas. No team will give up two firsts for Bryant, only team stupid enough would be the Browns and they have two firsts now funnily enough.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franchise_tag
    A "non-exclusive" franchise player must be offered a one-year contract for an amount no less than the average of the top five salaries at the player's position for the previous year, or 120 percent of the player's previous year's salary, whichever is greater. A non-exclusive franchise player may negotiate with other NFL teams, but if the player signs an offer sheet from another team, the original team has a right to match the terms of that offer, or if it does not match the offer and thus loses the player, is entitled to receive two first-round draft picks as compensation.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

And here was me thinking JJ really was living in an isolated log cabin, far from civilisation in a self imposed hermit like environment. Turns out he's staying in a 4,5000 square feet, $800,000 log cabin that sits on 36 acres. Oh and it comes with a massive air conditioned detached garage, that has built in beer keg taps and the nearest Starbucks is only 2.5 miles away. Now that's the kind of 'austerity' I could live with.....

7PD3fF.jpg
    7u4GDi.jpg
    7erm7B.jpg
    7kdUvz.jpg
    4FktmA.jpg

6zHQGF.jpg
    5Vhk23.jpg
    6N9yar.jpg

http://bustedcoverage.com/2015/03/02/jj-watt-cabin-wisconsin-photos/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

That's just a disappointment, had images of Rockies cabin :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭skippymac6

Jarred Hayne formerly of the Aussie NRL signed for the 49rs. If anyone has seen the NRL the past five or so years, you'll know that he is an absolute excitement machine. at $100,000 for the year it's an easy gamble on the 49rs part and I just hope you see him line up all over the field like a bigger Darren Sproles, here's hoping he goes well.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,643 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Was expecting something a little more rustic tbh, shame on you JJ!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

HigginsJ wrote: »
    That's just a disappointment, had images of Rockies cabin :(

Yes I know. I had images of him chopping down trees and then running through chest deep snow on his 10 mile run. All while carrying that same chopped down tree. The sneaky fecker with his air conditioned garage and beer on tap.:(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

skippymac6 wrote: »
    Jarred Hayne formerly of the Aussie NRL signed for the 49rs. If anyone has seen the NRL the past five or so years, you'll know that he is an absolute excitement machine. at $100,000 for the year it's an easy gamble on the 49rs part and I just hope you see him line up all over the field like a bigger Darren Sproles, here's hoping he goes well.

He's only trying out as a punt returner, I doubt he'll make the roster but worth a gamble for 100K I guess.

Interesting thing is all 100K is guaranteed. Normally these contracts are dependent on making the roster.

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

Brain Hartline visiting with the browns!!
    That club should just give up the ghost - probably pay him more than miami did!! He was horrible last year - everytime you looked at him he was in coverage!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

Adam Schefter reporting that the Bills have traded Kiko Alonso to the Eagles for Shady McCoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,556 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Benimar wrote: »
    Adam Schefter reporting that the Bills have traded Kiko Alonso to the Eagles for Shady McCoy!

Mike silver has confirmed it aswell. Jesus Christ why ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Mike silver has confirmed it aswell. Jesus Christ why ?

As a Dolphins fan this makes me very sad! If the Bills sort a QB they are serious playoff contenders.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Tristram

W

T

F

?!

:mad:

Dynasty team continues to suffer every off-season.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,961 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Grantland have a pretty nice piece up about NFL Films at the moment. Available here

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,643 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Mjd has retired it seems

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Mjd has retired it seems

He has indeed. Also pats are not picking up eilforks 2 year option expect a lot of 3-4 teams to onquire about him despite veing 33

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement