Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Weird, Wacky and Awesome World of the NFL - General Banter thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,643 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

You can be sure some brand company were paid mega bucks for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭tripperman

rams LA stadium plans got approvial last night by inglewood council 5-0 in favour, according to nfl.com opens up to start construction

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭Shedite27

tripperman wrote: »
    rams LA stadium plans got approvial last night by inglewood council 5-0 in favour, according to nfl.com opens up to start construction
    Do they need NFL approval to move cities? Or is that a formality?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭tripperman

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Do they need NFL approval to move cities? Or is that a formality?

have to have 2/3 of a vote on relocation

• Registered Users Posts: 9,670 ✭✭✭nerd69

has anyone heard anything about this dez bryant video thats apparently going to come out?

all iv heard is that its 10 times worse than ray rices video, does that mean its a domestic violence issue? or is this all bull****?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,638 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

nerd69 wrote: »
    has anyone heard anything about this dez bryant video thats apparently going to come out?

all iv heard is that its 10 times worse than ray rices video, does that mean its a domestic violence issue? or is this all bull****?
    Its all just rumour at the moment, if there is a video it's sure to come out now though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,852 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Go to the 46 minute mark..

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/chicago/play?id=12370012

Sounds pretty clear to me that Schefter knows the video exists..

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

As mentioned above, Schefter essentially confirms a video exists and that he has been working on this since September 2014.

http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2015/02/dez_bryant_video_exists_according_to_adam_schefter.html
    I'll say this," Schefter said when asked if the video showed Bryant doing something criminal. "I've been working on this since September. It's taken up a lot of my time this season I'll say that.

"Well listen, whatever we've been working on is not ready and maybe it never will be. Who knows? You've got to be very careful on these things. People can talk about videos, they can talk about this they can talk about that. The fact of the matter is, it doesn't mean anything and it's really not fair to him right now until you have all your facts in line. Which we spent a long time trying to do."
    The video was first mentioned by the sports gossip site Terez Owens, which reported Tuesday that the video's release was imminent and that the Cowboys had been made aware.

From Terez Owens:

We're being told the Cowboys have warned Dez the tape is going to be released, and from someone who has seen it, that it's five times worse than the Ray Rice Video. His football career is in jeopardy according to our source. Also a Dez insider tells us he is being brainwashed by Jay Z and Roc Nation Sports.

Probably just a matter of time now before it comes out despite Schefter's reservations about same.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

So a video of an NFL star caught in serious trouble has existed for at least 5 months (going by Schefters timeline) & it hasn't made its way to the interweb? I find that very hard to believe in this day & age.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,852 ✭✭✭Morrison J

HigginsJ wrote: »
    So a video of an NFL star caught in serious trouble has existed for at least 5 months (going by Schefters timeline) & it hasn't made its way to the interweb? I find that very hard to believe in this day & age.

This is supposedly the reason why...

Jaywan Inc. @JaywanInc · 1h1 hour ago
    This is what the general public doesn't understand about the Dez Bryant video...

The video was recorded by his now former friends. He was hanging around some pretty dark people. Now they aren't friends anymore.

So his ex-friends decided it was time for a pay day. However, noone is going to have possession of that tape until they pay. Whoever it is.

In conclusion, to Cowboys Nation: We don't have the tape. We have screenshots. And we're not leaking anything. Dont need a Cowboys lawsuit.

A deadline was set by Bryant's former friends/extortionists for today for either TMZ or Bryant's team to purchase the tape.

THAT is why there are reports of the tape leaking today. What happens from here on out is between Dez, TMZ, and his former friends.

Legal says I'm not at liberty to comment on the content of the screenshots yet.

• Advertisement

well from what iv heard jerry jones no longer wants to franchise him and is contemplating not resigning him for a guy that talented with an owner of jerry jones mentality to be in this situation it must be something really really damning. its a shame although it would be nice to not have to face him twice a year any more he really seemed to be after getting his life in order you hate seeing guys like that lost to the league

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Not defending what he did, Christ I don't even know what he did, but I've read this happened in 2011. By all accounts Dez has made big changes in his life since then.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

Not defending what he did, Christ I don't even know what he did, but I've read this happened in 2011. By all accounts Dez has made big changes in his life since then.

in the world of NFL and social media, it wont matter a jot. It depends on what side the media fall on this, as to whether or not Dez will be given a free pass or will be forced from the league.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,961 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

i don't know how I missed this story until now.

Whatever he did, it must be fairly despicable with the way its being discussed. Apparently it took place in the carpark of a walmart.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,643 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

very surprised it took this long to come out tbh

I can imagine Roger Godell on the phone to Dez Bryant telling him to pay whatever it takes so the video never gets out and he will cover the cost!!

I can imagine Roger Godell on the phone to Dez Bryant telling him to pay whatever it takes so the video never gets out and he will cover the cost!!

The media smell blood at this stage. The likes of TMZ and deadspin are just dying to get their hands on it.

unless its absolutely horrific it can't do much more damage to the nfl than whats already done can it?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,638 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

This is the thing though, you can never trust people like this who are out for the cash. He can buy it off them but they will probably have another copy and sell it. They will just get somebody else who will not be covered by any contractual agreement to say they had their own copy of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Will wait for the evidence to come out before judging Bryant but if true that's very disappointing. I was a big fan of his. As for the Cowboys, I understand it was pretty much a choice of keeping Bryant or Murray and that they couldn't afford both so this news might not have a massive effect on the team.

nerd69 wrote: »
    unless its absolutely horrific it can't do much more damage to the nfl than whats already done can it?

Could be the final straw though that really causes an impact on the NFL. This is a not a franchise like the Ravens or the Vikings(no disrespect), this is America's team. The fall out could be very real from this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

matthew8 wrote: »
    Will wait for the evidence to come out before judging Bryant but if true that's very disappointing. I was a big fan of his. As for the Cowboys, I understand it was pretty much a choice of keeping Bryant or Murray and that they couldn't afford both so this news might not have a massive effect on the team.

Is it suggested anywhere what he is meant to have done? Are we talking hernandez scale or josh gordon scale?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Deco99 wrote: »
    Is it suggested anywhere what he is meant to have done? Are we talking hernandez scale or josh gordon scale?

It saod to make ray rice look good so i would assume beating the living **** out of a woman

I'd gather it's most certainly not Hernandez level anyway. If it is, his friends are morons as surely they'd be accessories to murder for having the tape and would be charged with withholding evidence also.

As others have said, because of the Ray Rice comparison it must surely be assault of some sort on a female relative or girlfriend. Just from a quick look at his twitter, he doesn't seem to be denying anything. Said something along the lines of "what happened in the past has made me who I am today".

I'd gather it's most certainly not Hernandez level anyway. If it is, his friends are morons as surely they'd be accessories to murder for having the tape and would be charged with withholding evidence also.

As others have said, because of the Ray Rice comparison it must surely be assault of some sort on a female relative or girlfriend. Just from a quick look at his twitter, he doesn't seem to be denying anything. Said something along the lines of "what happened in the past has made me who I am today".

Will this lead to copycats so, cause that fella is loaded...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Will this lead to copycats so, cause that fella is loaded...

It sure will now every young man in america will play for the cowboys and beat women. In other stupud questions. The heir of maybeline make up used to drug and rape women. Will this mean all heirs of conpanies will now drug and rape women??

It sure will now every young man in america will play for the cowboys and beat women. In other stupud questions. The heir of maybeline make up used to drug and rape women. Will this mean all heirs of conpanies will now drug and rape women??

I dont think you grasped the tone of my post. Seems i ask stupid questions, i'll assume you're clever so dont need to explain to you further.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 929 ✭✭✭JCTO

So far all I have read about Dez Bryant is that some guys in his registered vehicles dragged a women into their car in a Walmart parking lot this was one of 5/6 incidents from 2010 to 2013 that someone how spun into Bryant doing something wrong.

Mad thing is Rappaport clearly says on the video on NFL.com that they dont all implicate him but all involve him but looking at the statement by Shan Shariff a DJ and reporter in Dallas who looked at all the police reports none of them actually mention him.

This is weird and you know the media is going to spin this. If Bryant is innocent in all of this it will still spin into him being a scumbag you know TMZ will make up some story about it.

It is going to be a wait and see situation if he done anything wrong.
    First, an incident of “harassment” occurred on September 4, 2011. Specifically, someone was calling or texting someone else who eventually made good on a vow to call police if the calls or texts didn’t stop. It’s possible Bryant was the person who called the police. Either way, it’s not a big deal.

Second, the fire department was called on September 16, 2011 because a baby was inside a locked car, with the keys inside the car. The report names no names.

Third, a report was made of a stolen vehicle on August 17, 2012. There’s no record of who made the call to police.

Fourth, on June 2, 2012, a burglary at the residence was reported. No mention was made of Dez Bryant.

Fifth, a reference to a “neighborhood patrol” appears on November 24, 2013. There are no details and no indication of any incident taking place. That same day, the Cowboys played the Giants at MetLife Stadium in New Jersey, so it’s possible Bryant wasn’t even around.

None of these calls resulted in an arrest or a conviction, of Dez Bryant or anyone. And yet somehow this has been characterized by the media company partially owned by the Cowboys as a negative reflection against Bryant.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

This will be huge as usual because America has the most sterilised media in the democratic world. I dream of a day where I don't have to hear the phrase 'student of the game' anymore.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement