Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Gatso's vans are dangerous

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

may have to flee some road rage nutter
    but always keep in the speed limit nutters do:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,691 ✭✭✭CR 7

You can't control what happens with other motorists on the road. What if there was a vehicle approaching you with failed breaks and you need to move out of the way fast?

It's ok, it'll be magically limited to the speed limit, so you'll never need to go faster than it. :rolleyes:
    Sure speeding is the only possible cause of any form of accident.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭redman

Passed a Gatso on Stillorgan Dual Carriageway near Montrose inbound when darkness was rising. Motorbike lashed by and I was surprised how bright it flashed, hadn't notice them flash as bright before...perhaps different intensity flashers in different vans?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭CamperMan

Yip, Comming into work this morning over the M50, seen a white van at the N7 junction, think to myself is it or is it not? Just as I got near enough to see it the fecking thing flashes right in my eyes (and no not at me as I was well under the limit), lucky I wasn't blinded.

These things should be banned....:D

what about the idiots that drive towards you with their main beam still on.... plenty of that goes on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭OldmanMondeo

CamperMan wrote: »
    what about the idiots that drive towards you with their main beam still on.... plenty of that goes on

Idiots with full beams on can be seen froma distance and high beams are not as bright as the flash from a gatso.

Besides, I only drive with my full beams on when it's a gatso van comming towards me as they head to their next stop...:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭Omcd

Of course it's the gatso van that cause drivers to jam on. Why else to all the break lights ahead of me light up light a Christmas tree when there is one parked at the site of the road?

It's the drivers psychological reaction (and/or lack of consideration for other road users) to seeing the Gatso van that causes them to jam on, not the Gatso van. In order for the Gatso van to cause them to jam on, it would have to be physically in their way. Not all drivers who see the Gatso van jam on, therefore, on that point alone, it is not the Gatso van that is causing those who do to do so.

I dont think it a good idea for them to be flashing in the face of drivers though, especially at night, which I too have seen several times. If the Gatso flashed someone and they were temporarily blinded by the flash and crashed because of it, then IMO that would be a valid situation where the Gatso van could have been said to have caused it.

Advertisement