Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TA Events - 2010 heads up

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭jinko

Danin wrote: »
    Have to say moggser is right on this one in my opinion its ancient history, what I would say regardless what side you were playing for, I think that ALL the Irish lads that travelled made a huge impact on the weekend and without everyones contribution sennybridge wouldn't have been half as good.

there were great feats of bravery and exceptional playing on both sides

there were really cringe worthy moments of play on both sides also

but the most disappointing thing for me is to see the goodness and crack being forgotten from the weekend and a sourness starting to creep into the tread.

come on lads who cares who won really it was a wicked weekend and here is to many more.

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

The only major regret I have about that event is that we didn't get a photo of the whole Irish contingent together. That would have really been something.

PS: airsoft's about the game. If "winning" is that important, go play soccer or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭scanlant

I was rained on til I was sopping wet, full auto-ed in the face, pyro'd at close range and lost hearing for 30 seconds, I was tired, exhausted (mentally and physically), my legs ached for 3 days afterwards, I slept 36 hours straight when I eventually got home after 10 hours driving.

But, ****ing hell, it was a cracking weekend. Regardless of which side "won" or "lost," I couldn't give a flying ****. It was, by far, the most fun and intense weekend I've had in a long time.

I'm going again.

USMC hoorah!

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭conor-mr2

Echo whats been said already.

I felt we (irish contingent) as a whole group went over to Sennybridge and endeared ourselves extremely well which was something that was important.

I certainly am aware that the organisers/marshals were very pleased with us playing in the spirit of the game even when at times there were those cringeworthy airsoft moments that you'd also find in a weekend squirmish on any site.

All in all a fantastic event and if you have criticisms of the event I sure hope your filling in the survey that Ian sent out as opposed to sprouting them out here. At least then said feedback can lead to an improvement in the gameplay/semantics/communication of objectives.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Wow **** kicked off here.

I'll tell ya what I'll make sure I'm defo there in September so theres no confusion over who won, and my apologies for not being around on the trip just gone as this confusion could have been easily avoided.

And in the interest of keeping interest I'd say give it a win on the board to the greens, cause after the last two hammerings they got they might stop turning up, bout time they got one win on the board ;)

Cause if I got put back into me spawn a few hours into a 24 hour game, I wouldnt be heading back anytime soon

its a bit of buzz, deliberite wind up on lemming and puding, change yizzur tampons before you take it serious

Try not to let this derail into a comeptitive airsoft thread, which is usually two sides going ballistic, with neither side willing to budge or give an inch. Ressurect an old necro thread for that talk.

And thats coming from me, who just wanted to tear into oz over
    "If "winning" is that important, go play soccer or something

Arg

• Advertisement

TheDoc wrote: »
    I'll tell ya what I'll make sure I'm defo there in September so theres no confusion over who won, and my apologies for not being around on the trip just gone as this confusion could have been easily avoided.

LOL. Love you, man. Post of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭evilrobotshane

For anyone who hasn't seen this, there's an excellent video along with a good write-up of the weekend.

http://www.outsidecontext.com/2010/06/09/sennybridge-a-basho-film-about-the-chernarus-conflict/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

bit of news for anyone looking to attend the second part, the displayed dates have changed from 26th/27th September 2010 to 4th/5th September 2010

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭AlternateID

Puding wrote: »
    bit of news for anyone looking to attend the second part, the displayed dates have changed from 26th/27th September 2010 to 4th/5th September 2010

I was sure everyone knew that already. It's been on the TA site for a while.

first time i had seen it so thought i would throw it up, if it has been up for some time im shore others might have missed it as well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

****ING YES!!!!

This means I can go!

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭AlternateID

first time i had seen it so thought i would throw it up, if it has been up for some time im shore others might have missed it as well

Sorry Puding what I should of said was I didn't post it as I assumed others most also know. Based on Dave's reaction I'd say very few know about the date change.

Sorry Puding what I should of said was I didn't post it as I assumed others most also know. Based on Dave's reaction I'd say very few know about the date change.

never assume anything as they say :)

never assume anything as they say :)

Never assume someone's checked my calendar. Ahem. :)

Ian couldn't get the last weekend, the MOD wanted it for something.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭fleecymanager

fleecy is happer than a big bag of happy things, now to find an easier way there

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

gerrowadat wrote: »
    ****ING YES!!!!

This means I can go!

Aaaaand that means i can too... :D
    Moggy, are you up for a reunion?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Tommyboy71

I am hoping to get to this. When do tickets go on sale? I am just too lazy to check.

wormbyte wrote: »
    Friday 9th July at 8pm.

^^ i assume the dates given by ian earlier the thread still stand, best thing to do is sign up for the ta events newsletter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭wormbyte

Tommyboy71 wrote: »
    I am hoping to get to this. When do tickets go on sale? I am just too lazy to check.

We are aiming to release the tickets on Friday the 9th July. Only this time the tickets will go on sale at 8pm instead of midnight.

We have a great game lined up which will be split in to three distinct phases. Phase I will be something similiar to a modern day Rorke's Drift scenario, followed by Phase II which will be a series of sneaky beaky missions through out the night followed by a Phase III the nxt morning involving a major offensive.

Full details will be available before the end of the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭fayer

wormbyte wrote: »
    We are aiming to release the tickets on Friday the 9th July. Only this time the tickets will go on sale at 8pm instead of midnight.

We have a great game lined up which will be split in to three distinct phases. Phase I will be something similiar to a modern day Rorke's Drift scenario, followed by Phase II which will be a series of sneaky beaky missions through out the night followed by a Phase III the nxt morning involving a major offensive.

Full details will be available before the end of the week.

Il be in a desert in the middle east during this event, I'm gutted! Will just have to hit the 2011 event twice as hard!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Tommyboy71

Cheers for that lads. Will be sitting at the 'puter waiting

Did a mod delete a post of mine here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭defenderdude

TheDoc wrote: »
    Did a mod delete a post of mine here?

That's what I was thinking - Zulu assault... :confused:
    then I thought - naaah I just had too much sun yesterday.:D

Here is a taste of the game....

With a new major offensive against the Chedaki forces well under way, a small strike team is dispatched to capture a senior member of the Chedaki leadership seeking protection in the Grozovy Pass.

But plans for a swiftly executed operation come to an end when the strike teams means of extraction is destroyed by Chedaki air defences. A simple snatch & grab mission quickly turns to one of survival.

Outnumbered, out gunned and surrounded behind enemy lines, the strike team prepare to dig deep and wait for the forward element of the advancing battle-group to meet up with them.

After an intensive defensive action, the remaining survivors manage to extract from the village as the first of the forward reconnaissance elements move in under the cover of darkness to carry out their tasks to ascertain enemy strength and disposition as well as pre-selecting targets for potential fast air strikes.

By first light, all the preperations for the attack are complete, and the real battle of the Grozovy Pass would begin....

[END]

MFV all the way lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

nice. lets be having ye :)

To be clear, this will be a three phased operation.

Phase I - The defensive action which is a modern day take on Rorke's Drift, which comes under wave after wave of Chedaki attacks.

Phase II - Chedaki defending the town against forward CDF/USMC elements.

Phase III - The major offensive through the Grozovy Pass lead by a CDF/USMC joint force.

That's what I was thinking - Zulu assault... :confused:
    then I thought - naaah I just had too much sun yesterday.:D

So i definitly like didnt miss click, my post was here, then it was gone...interesting that this is happening again :/

Nah, it's just a glitch in the matrix...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

What was it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

He posted a video from Rorke's drift, and I followed up, both our posts were deleted. I thought we were done with this posts randomly disappearing ****e.

Advertisement