Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TA Events - 2010 heads up

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭The_ChiefDUB

You can't spell Pyhrric Victory with "victory"!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

You can't spell Pyhrric Victory with "victory"!

Yes you can. Pyhrric Victory!

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Danin

well what can I say only go on the Greens :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

where did this minor bit come from, its victory comrades we will leave sentimental statement about cost to the US and its week willed allies ;)

anyway looking forward to September already

Puding wrote: »
    where did this minor bit come from, its victory comrades we will leave sentimental statement about cost to the US and its week willed allies ;)

love it
    so much for all the those US Marines with their "we were the dominating force and how they had the event won half way through the first day"

makes the VICTORY even sweeter ha ha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭jinko

US marines end hostage situation by blowing up hostages.
    brilliant :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭wormbyte

Hi guys,

Here is a link to the post event satisfaction survey.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/cc1_postevent_survey

An email will also be sent out to all players containing the link and I will be putting the link on the TA Forum.

If you know of anyone that did not provide their email address as part of their booking then please forward the link above to them.

Cheers,

Ian

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

jinko wrote: »

Just another day in The Green Machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

jinko wrote: »
    brilliant :)

HOO-AH

• Registered Users Posts: 5,090 ✭✭✭moggser

suppose they are better off blown to smithereens then trapped in the basement with me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 reidsa

sennybridge was quality!

unfortunately im working the weekend of the september game otherwise id be back with the marines!

oooh raaa!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Congrats to the Chadaki's on the win. twas great craic either way. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭delta-boy

Masada wrote: »
    Congrats to the Chadaki's on the win. twas great craic either way. :)

So much for...

"Ahh boyzzz, you can only kill Marines in yar' sleep"

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭AlternateID

delta-boy wrote: »
    So much for...

"Ahh boyzzz, you can only kill Marines in yar' sleep"

There were pirates at Senny? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭cplcummins

what a load of crap!!

usmc/cdf held 3/4 of the village for the 24 hours and completed every task put to them.. ask any one in 1st platoon.. ran out of stuff for us to do..
    so straight forward we all got our heads down at 4am because the rest gave up.

cplcummins wrote: »
    what a load of crap!!

usmc/cdf held 3/4 of the village for the 24 hours and completed every task put to them.. ask any one in 1st platoon.. ran out of stuff for us to do..
    so straight forward we all got our heads down at 4am because the rest gave up.

Completed every task except retrieve the gold.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭cplcummins

If you were in 1st platoon or better yet 1/3 we got the gold out of 15 and bought it all the way to 12. from 9pm to 2am not one chedaki made it upstairs in 15. After that for ****s/gigs they made us bring it to 6 and pick up more comm's while they (HQ) tryed to organise another ambush on us..obviously running out of ideas.. it was becoming a joke at this stage. No more troops allowed..no airstrikes/choppers.. while chedaki was given everything to fight back with.

By the time all chedaki gave up on building 6.. walking off in disgust/throwing there weapons on the ground after they were wiped out.. gold was handed back to hq.. most off to bed for a few hours cause all the greens had given up.

Now clearly the Tigers (u know who you are and fair play to them) managed to crawl there way into hq early on in the morning looking for it (only ones with some balls...so our british counterparts told us) but wasnt pk there waiting for them.

If thats the overall result then fair enough.. im not one to throw the toys out of the pram... but the stats are there plain to see.. kill for kill...objective for objective..asking both sides on the boat home most had already given it to the cdf/usmc

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭evilrobotshane

usmc/cdf held 3/4 of the village for the 24 hours
    Can't speak as to the rest but that just ain't true. Six of us Chedaki cleared every single house in the village - every single one - and they were ALL unoccupied. If we're guilty of chucking in the game when it got late then so's everyone.

I don't know the higher-level picture regarding who had what objectives and what was completed and what wasn't, but it's worth bearing in mind that the Chedaki were, as far as I've heard, outnumbered by around 30 players, to all intents and purposes a full platoon.

The end result story that I was hearing was that our building with the gold had been bombed by fast movers and the gold grabbed by Dessies immediately thereafter, which was why I thought the Dessies had won. Stories like that were going around, I wouldn't put too much stock in boat talk.

Finally, two points to make regarding the milsim-lite as opposed to skirmish nature of the game. One, in war you can complete every objective and still lose, and the story-based nature of this game can reflect that. If you're happy you personally kicked every ass with green trousers on it that you met, then that's all that's important. Two, just because you're not being frontally assaulted doesn't mean we're not out there. :)

If you were in 1st platoon or better yet 1/3 we got the gold out of 15 and bought it all the way to 12. from 9pm to 2am not one chedaki made it upstairs in 15. After that for ****s/gigs they made us bring it to 6 and pick up more comm's while they (HQ) tryed to organise another ambush on us..obviously running out of ideas.. it was becoming a joke at this stage. No more troops allowed..no airstrikes/choppers.. while chedaki was given everything to fight back with.

By the time all chedaki gave up on building 6.. walking off in disgust/throwing there weapons on the ground after they were wiped out.. gold was handed back to hq.. most off to bed for a few hours cause all the greens had given up.

Now clearly the Tigers (u know who you are and fair play to them) managed to crawl there way into hq early on in the morning looking for it (only ones with some balls...so our british counterparts told us) but wasnt pk there waiting for them.

If thats the overall result then fair enough.. im not one to throw the toys out of the pram... but the stats are there plain to see.. kill for kill...objective for objective..asking both sides on the boat home most had already given it to the cdf/usmc

Sorry mate didn't mean to imply the marines were muck by not getting the gold. I was in 1-3 and personally I think the marines were excellent. What I meant was that we were never tasked with retrieving the gold. At least 1-3 wasn't. We stuck with our orders as best we could and went where told, held whatever building we were told and attacked where told.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

im sorry but i think people have completely missed the point hear, the result are as much a result of the story than anything else, there is not points system there is no score board, this is a multi part story driven event

if people want a call of duty or modern warfare style scoring system with clearly defined winners and loser then go and find another event

the fortunes of both sides went up and down thought out the day, the events staff used controlling of air strikes and events to help both sides because the point is to make 24 hour constant action, if you think it is anything else then you need to open your eyes

this is not capture the flag, this is not about win loss, this is not a 'sport' you can not boil it down to a clear defined 2-1 result this is about the experience, and if you want anything else then you maybe need to reconsider why your turning up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

...<snip> ..

YOu can kill more of the enemy, but if they achieve more important, strategic objectives than you .... they'll win, not you. You remember that thing called a storyline? Yeah. But do you know what? So? F*cking? What? You had a fantastic weekend experience and suddenly it's all crap because you didn't "win"? An expression of Woods and trees springs to mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

Lads, it doesn't matter. Brap brap.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭G.I Joseph

Just remember its not over yet... Theres plenty of time for revenge in september!!!

There is indeed time for revenge in September!

Pudding: I could not have said it better myself, thanks mate.

Feedback from the survey is rolling in thick and fast and some very good points are being made.

Approximately 25% of the participants have responded so far, with a pretty much equal spread from all factions. 25% may not sound alot but it quite a good response as far as surveys are concerned. But there is still time left if you have not completed the survey yet.

Thanks for all those that have already completed the survey. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭roryk1

hey wormbyte when does booking open for next event :) realy looking forward to next one;)

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭jinko

No more troops allowed..no airstrikes/choppers.. while chedaki was given everything to fight back with.

As far as i remember the reason that you had no airstrikes is because we nuetralised your ability to call them in by completeing an objective. Again a Tiger team member was set a task to deliver a laptop into your the basement of your main building with you all in it "asleep" this in turn caused you not to have airstrikes all that night and following day.

By the time all chedaki gave up on building 6.. walking off in disgust/throwing there weapons on the ground

I find this very hard to believe.

roryk1 wrote: »
    hey wormbyte when does booking open for next event :) realy looking forward to next one;)

Friday 9th July at 8pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,090 ✭✭✭moggser

jaysis there should be bridges in senny so some of yiz can get over them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

moggser wrote: »
    jaysis there should be bridges in senny so some of yiz can get over them

You'd only go and mine them Moggser!

• Advertisement

Have to say moggser is right on this one in my opinion its ancient history, what I would say regardless what side you were playing for, I think that ALL the Irish lads that travelled made a huge impact on the weekend and without everyones contribution sennybridge wouldn't have been half as good.

there were great feats of bravery and exceptional playing on both sides

there were really cringe worthy moments of play on both sides also

but the most disappointing thing for me is to see the goodness and crack being forgotten from the weekend and a sourness starting to creep into the tread.

come on lads who cares who won really it was a wicked weekend and here is to many more.

Advertisement