Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Beers & OldGoat Armwrestling - Saturday December 19th - Karma. 8 PM!

Options
12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Pub too cold. :(

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

i say we go back to the usual places beer hall in the bull and castle, the long stone or messers.

i cant believe how frikken cold it was there and what was the story with the shi.te music and the lack of christmas decorations:mad:

NEVER AGAIN

but other then that i had a great night:) it was nice to check up with some old faces

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,283 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Saturday 9th January
    Don't know what you were all moaning about, Popey and I were grand in our t-shirts. :D

Despite the sub-zero temperatures, the hoards of underage drinkers and the sh*te music I actually had a very good night. It was great to see so many old faces, it always makes for a good night when the Brothers and Brotherettes are out in numbers. Btw, who won the arm wrestling?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭trout

Saturday 9th January
    Arm wrestling didn't happen ... even though I stayed until waaaaay past my bed-time ... for some reason, every time the subject was broached, certain old goats who shall remain nameless, had to nip outside for a cigarillo, or something.

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

Friday 8th January
    Jaysus, I know people are concerned with gobal warming but Karma took it too far. I've never seen more people put their coats on to come into a place!

Arm wrestling, was there arm wrestling? And trout stayed up late and all.

Oh well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Friday 8th January
    Zaph wrote: »
    Don't know what you were all moaning about, Popey and I were grand in our t-shirts. :D
    That's because there is something wrong with you and Popey. However, I am glad that you were grand because I got to use your coat as a leg warmer.
    trout wrote: »
    Arm wrestling didn't happen ... even though I stayed until waaaaay past my bed-time ... for some reason, every time the subject was broached, certain old goats who shall remain nameless, had to nip outside for a cigarillo, or something.

:cool:

Or hid behind his hand. Poor show lads. I expected better.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Let there be no mistake about the arm-wrestling. When I noticed the fragility of Trouts place in the hierarchy of the Brothers I realized that something as simple as losing at the wrestling would shatter the illusions we all have about him and topple him from his lofty and respected heights.
    So, I did the honorable thing.
    I fell on my sword.
    I hoist myself up on my own petard. :rolleyes:

And it was too cold to wrestle properly.
    And I really really needed that cigar or two.
    And I'm adverse to being publicly humiliated, in public, in a pub, a cold pub.
    :o

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

Saturday 9th January
    I got to see some good people who I have not seen in a while.

Apparently it was cold, apparently there was some dodgy music.

All I know was there was good company, and a bit of eye candy. :)

Really good to see you all again. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭trout

Saturday 9th January
    janeybabe wrote: »
    Poor show lads OldGoat. I expected better.

fyp

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Lucy Lu

Friday 8th January
    It was great to see everyone :) Thanks to all who braved the arctic weather and came in. Sorry we left early but we were freezing! :D

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

Friday 8th January
    sooo

according to sources that are in the know, Karma bar closes on new years eve. indefinetly :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

Friday 8th January
    Well Splinter, if they can't afford to turn on the heating then it's not much of a loss. TBH

• Registered Users Posts: 7,966 ✭✭✭DenMan

Friday 8th January
    Only back from work now. Couldn't get the Saturday off very annoyed!!! :(

Hope everyone had a great time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭Lilym

Friday 8th January
    Splinter wrote: »
    sooo

according to sources that are in the know, Karma bar closes on new years eve. indefinetly :pac:

Splinter no loss tbh... Artic comes to mind but great to see you all :)

Advertisement