Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Boards.ie motors car of the year 2010

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

VolvoMan wrote: »
    The new one is a totally different animal to the car your mate probably has.

Yep, the new model is uglier, heavier, slower and has higher CO2. Bastards ruined it.

I'd probably vote for the Insignia but there's no stand-out.

The iQ tries to be innovative but I think it's width is a huge minus point for a city car. Plus it's too bloody expensive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Alright, own up, who voted for the Nissan Pixo?

There is one known pixo lover about these parts!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,264 ✭✭✭alias no.9

I voted Kia Soul because I'm a bit underwhelmed by the options and think the Soul is pretty cool for what it is. I was surprised two others got there before me.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,709 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Fiat 500 Abarth.
    fiat-500-abarth-18-02-09.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 badaction

Tried to buy an Insignia earlier in the year but dealer had no interest in my Vectra. Bought a Subaru Legacy diesel instead, best decision I have made in a long time. Love the car.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

I tend to agree with the person who asked why the Prius in't there considering some duller siblings are.

Voted for the Astra in its absence.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

badaction wrote: »
    Tried to buy an Insignia earlier in the year but dealer had no interest in my Vectra. Bought a Subaru Legacy diesel instead, best decision I have made in a long time. Love the car.

I think you made a wise choice there my friend....I was getting curious as to what all the fuss was about the Insignia, so I've just been spending the last few days in one. Honestly I don't see it. They look good from the front & side, but the back is not the best. Inside, the plastics are still not up to top quality. For a new car just released they are still way short of the Accord/Mondeo. The Legacy for it being almost a 7yr old design is still better built inside and is laid out more practical. The doors aswell weigh a ton and I've nearly put my back out a few times opening and closing them. The ride is very harsh over bumps aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    I think you made a wise choice there my friend....I was getting curious as to what all the fuss was about the Insignia, so I've just been spending the last few days in one. Honestly I don't see it. They look good from the front & side, but the back is not the best. Inside, the plastics are still not up to top quality. For a new car just released they are still way short of the Accord/Mondeo. The Legacy for it being almost a 7yr old design is still better built inside and is laid out more practical. The doors aswell weigh a ton and I've nearly put my back out a few times opening and closing them. The ride is very harsh over bumps aswell.

It's a better car than the Mondeo, marginally, but better. The Ford sponsored motoring press would have you believe differently however. The Mondeo is hugely competent, but it looks terrible now. Oversized, fat design that's uninspiring, and a fairly basic interior. Not as good a handling as the last one, and lacking a diesel engine that you'd be happy to own.

Advertisement