Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Boards.ie motors car of the year 2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

isn't the Impreza WRX a 2008 model?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

colm_mcm wrote: »
    isn't the Impreza WRX a 2008 model?

Yeah the WRX is the 2008 model, but there's a coupe coming out in 2010...

• Registered Users Posts: 51,119 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

vote_none_of_the_above_tshirt-p235383535378356170qw9u_400.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

What no fiesta or focus? If I had to vote on that list it would be the astra.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,119 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Focus is old and replacement is not too far away. Fiesta should be included though imo.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭GERMAN ROCKS

i went for the opel insignia.
    in fairness to opel they are really coming up in the world. love the new insignia, corsa and astra.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Voted for the new astra, just think its a good car for the Irish market, as well as being a good car overall.

For me, iw ould go for an insignia over a mondeo, and considering the new astra is a bit like a shrinked insignia, i'd go for that over a focus, whatever about driver involvement, i think the air of quality and looks in an insignia or an astra over a mondeo or a focus, would sell it for me

Went for the astra over the insignia because i wouldnt consider it new enough to win this award, i think it should be for a car whos first year on market is 2010

• Registered Users Posts: 64,783 ✭✭✭✭unkel

eoin wrote: »
    That sums up my vote nicely too.

And mine. I'd expected and predicted the Insignia was going to win, but maybe it will just win here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

A5 sportback-not on the list, but released this year.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Voted for the insignia out of that list, nice looks, good drive, and nice engines. I wouldn't be so sure whether i'd buy one though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

of the list I went for the Legacy, but my preferred choice would be either the Focus RS, Lotus Evora or Jaguar XFR

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    of the list I went for the Legacy, but my preferred choice would be either the Focus RS, Lotus Evora or Jaguar XFR

You voted for a subaru, thats a surprise!:):D

Ya,the Focus RS should definitely be on that list, if the Porsche Panamera is on it, why not the few you've mentioned

Very odd about the Panamera though, doubt 3 of them will be registered in this country in 2010...

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭McSpud

bazz26 wrote: »
    Focus is old and replacement is not too far away. Fiesta should be included though imo.

Not driven any of the other cars but had Fiesta as hire car recently and very nice for a small car.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

Thanks for the poll. Why is the BMW 5-series not in there ?

/M

Marlow wrote: »
    Thanks for the poll. Why is the BMW 5-series not in there ?

/M

Presumably because no journalists have driven or reviewed it yet, it wouldn't be in such an award for another year yet

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

PaddyFagan wrote: »
    I'd have to agree - I picked the Ka because I like its looks and I think a car for 2010 has to be small and (relatively) cheap...
    2009-Ford-Ka-Official.jpg

But if I was forced to have one of the cars from the list, I be very depressed!

Paddy

how come 370z is deppresing....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,991 ✭✭✭Barr

That list is a snooze fest, the Z is the only one that warrants the effort of a vote

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭VolvoMan

Very tough list this year as none of the cars exactly re-write the rule book in their segments.

I voted for the iQ because at least it's innovative and brings a similar concept to the original Mini back to the market. If only they weren't so ambitious with the pricing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Who voted for the Pixo? I have an idea maybe. Burning and a stake come to mind

• Registered Users Posts: 6,991 ✭✭✭Barr

why is there a wink beside the peug :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

Barr wrote: »
    why is there a wink beside the peug :confused:

Cos it was the irish journalists car of the year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

Lexus RX450h, it's an enormous leap forward in fuel efficiency for luxurious SUVs

*runs and hides*

• Registered Users Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

this poll and thread are absurd - nobody here has driven all the cars on the list or even a shortlist of the cars here.
    People are just voting for their favourite brands ( which usually on boards means the brand they currently have :rolleyes:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,411 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

Insignia by a mile,there's nothing else on the list inspiring.

Surprised no one has voted for the 3008, seen one the other day. Its is a nice car.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Zonda999 wrote: »
    You voted for a subaru, thats a surprise!:):D

primarily because of the boxer diesel...really impressed with the smoothness of the engine and the mpg return with the AWD. Only gripe I have is that they could have given it an extra 20bhp & 6speed, but would they have been able to keep the emissions down?

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭endplate

Yup Insignia's great been driving one since July very very nice

• Registered Users Posts: 4,411 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

endplate wrote: »
    Yup Insignia's great been driving one since July very very nice

A mate of mine has one and loves it, what do you think of the access into the back seats?

This one looks fantastic.

media?id=1029871483

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 tellmewhy

I voted for the legacy a mate of mine has the new diesel what a car the power combined with the all wheel drive is truly amazing compared to my fwd passat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭VolvoMan

tellmewhy wrote: »
    I voted for the legacy a mate of mine has the new diesel what a car the power combined with the all wheel drive is truly amazing compared to my fwd passat

The new one is a totally different animal to the car your mate probably has.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,662 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Alright, own up, who voted for the Nissan Pixo?

Advertisement