Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HDMI Cable in Lidl €6.99

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭Effluo

Tesco's have some deals on hdmi cables too, cheaper i think, but mind you very cheap looking cables

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

Effluo wrote: »
    Tesco's have some deals on hdmi cables too, cheaper i think, but mind you very cheap looking cables

I have a tescos one, cant fault it, but it is only 1metre long.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

The man in Currys told me that these won't be as good as the Monster one he sold me for €80! ;)

Soarer wrote: »
    The man in Currys told me that these won't be as good as the Monster one he sold me for €80! ;)

haha

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭JoseJones

Soarer wrote: »

The scary thing is that people who don't know any better actually believe them. I was looking for a cheap one in sherwoods in kilkenny because the €7.99 argos ones were out of stock and the guy started asking me a load of questions like "Is it for full HD?" and "Is it for a playstation?". He told me the 'reccommended' ones for a playstation were over €100 :eek:. He told me the argos ones were no better than a scart lead:rolleyes:.

Just so people know these are the exact same quality as the more expensive ones. You can also get them cheap in argos and xtravision (€9.99 I think).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭claiva

I use the 9.99 ones from GameStop for my Sky Box, WD Media player and Xbox and they are all perfect.

Dont believe the muppets in Curry's !!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭BCawley

JoseJones wrote: »
    The scary thing is that people who don't know any better actually believe them. I was looking for a cheap one in sherwoods in kilkenny because the €7.99 argos ones were out of stock and the guy started asking me a load of questions like "Is it for full HD?" and "Is it for a playstation?". He told me the 'reccommended' ones for a playstation were over €100 :eek:. He told me the argos ones were no better than a scart lead:rolleyes:.

Just so people know these are the exact same quality as the more expensive ones. You can also get them cheap in argos and xtravision (€9.99 I think).

This thread reminded me of a pic i took in a currys months ago, I really as shocked the amount they over charged :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭chalkitdown

BCawley wrote: »
    This thread reminded me of a pic i took in a currys months ago, I really as shocked the amount they over charged :eek:

There is a noticeable difference with analog cables, not saying you should pay that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,562 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Effluo wrote: »

I paid about that for 2.5m Philips cables in Tesco not so long ago. Still see them in the odd Tesco store.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

There is a noticeable difference with analog cables
    :confused:Explain please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Sometimes I feel like standing outside one of these rip off shops with a sandwich board stating the true facts about HDMI cables. €100 for the recommended PS3 cable? Recommended by who you thieving ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭johnc24

wrote:

gypsies!!

Fill in as applicable

Totally Useless Individuals!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

There is a noticeable difference with analog cables, not saying you should pay that price.

I agree. Analog cables are one thing but, when it comes to digital, you can practically get away with any cheap cable in short lengths and receive great results.

I do love laughing at stores like Dixons/Currys/Power City etc and their unbelievably priced cables. The fact that sales staff can make statements, with a straight face, such as "you definitely need this €100 HDMI cable if you're watching movies on Blu-ray, anything less and you'll be missing out" absolutely boggles the mind. While a lot of people are aware that stores make a fortune from cable sales, it's still funny hearing how incredibly tenuous sales staff's relationship with the truth is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭Sqaull20

Tesco have a 2m one for 4.99e, digital is digital!!! They are all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,811 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

The noticeable difference is between a FULLY-WIRED scart and a non full-wired scart.

Peats buy 5m fully-wired scart leads for ~1€. Most stops have a minimum of 90% markup on cables.

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭JoseJones

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    Sometimes I feel like standing outside one of these rip off shops with a sandwich board stating the true facts about HDMI cables. €100 for the recommended PS3 cable? Recommended by who you thieving ****.

I would love to do this. I really feel for the average joe who knows nothing about any of this stuff just going in to buy a TV and the guy is trying to flog him the €100 cable saying "it's all about the gigabytes per second, the higher that number the better the picture" like he said to me. I really could not believe my ears, the stupid lying twat.

JoseJones wrote: »
    I would love to do this. I really feel for the average joe who knows nothing about any of this stuff just going in to buy a TV and the guy is trying to flog him the €100 cable saying "it's all about the gigabytes per second, the higher that number the better the picture" like he said to me. I really could not believe my ears, the stupid lying twat.

lol I hoped you said something to him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

Fuck me, why do people get thick over a fricking cable?

Its very simple for people who dont really know about TV's etc:

HDMI is digital, you either get a perfect signal or you dont. Paying either 80e or 4e wont matter a shite as the cable wont affect the quality of the picture.

/rant

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

donmeister wrote: »
    Fuck me, why do people get thick over a fricking cable?

Its very simple for people who dont really know about TV's etc:

HDMI is digital, you either get a perfect signal or you dont. Paying either 80e or 4e wont matter a shite as the cable wont affect the quality of the picture.

/rant

That's not the debate here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

I picked up a few HDMI cables (2m) in Tesco in Enniskillen yesterday at ~ £1.70 a pop.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭el diablo

Nforce wrote: »
    I picked up a few HDMI cables (2m) in Tesco in Enniskillen yesterday at ~ £1.70 a pop.
    Had a look for a 2 metre HDMI lead in Tesco but all they had was the 1 metre cables. Anyone know where I can get a 2m cable (or longer) for a reasonable price?

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 4,613 ✭✭✭milltown

Power City?
    I got a 1m cable there the other day for about €7. I think the 2m ones were €10 or €11. I'm sure somebody will tell you where to get it cheaper but once we're talking less than a fiver saving, I personally couldn't be arsed travelling too far. I'd sooner save the time and petrol than the money.

milltown wrote: »
    Power City?
    I got a 1m cable there the other day for about €7. I think the 2m ones were €10 or €11. I'm sure somebody will tell you where to get it cheaper but once we're talking less than a fiver saving, I personally couldn't be arsed travelling too far. I'd sooner save the time and petrol than the money.
    Ok thanks. I'll check out Power City.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭paulhealy1991

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

thanks i bought two :)
    also just bought 2 ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭congo_90

Also bought one there :p Was in currys yesterday and nearly choked when I saw the prices!
    My poor credit card is slowly slipping!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 CorkGurl

Hi Guys, Can anyone please give me some advice, Im trying to get rid of chorus and just get something for the normal channels as thats all I watch on Chorus anyway BUT I wouldnt be able to sort something very complicated, is there anything out there that just sits by the TV and gets the channels and doesn't cost the earth?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,562 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

CorkGurl wrote: »
    Hi Guys, Can anyone please give me some advice, Im trying to get rid of chorus and just get something for the normal channels as thats all I watch on Chorus anyway BUT I wouldnt be able to sort something very complicated, is there anything out there that just sits by the TV and gets the channels and doesn't cost the earth?

One of these would get you all the FTA channels all BBC's, ITV's, Channel 4, Channel 5 etc
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055670926&highlight=dish

Here's all the channels you'd get
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055520627

You probably would also need a sat finder to set it up
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SATELLITE-FINDER-SATFINDER-SAT-METER-CARAVAN-FREE-CABLE_W0QQitemZ220534433591QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_ConEle_SatCableFreeview_RL?hash=item3358e06737

And coaxial cable to connect the digibox to the dish
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Black-50m-Quality-RG6-Satellite-Digital-Coax-Cable_W0QQitemZ260520930445QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_3?hash=item3ca841ec8d

You'd still need you regular aerial to get RTE's

Here's a guide for setting up a dish
    http://ezinearticles.com/?How-To-Set-Up-A-TV-Satellite-Dish-And-Sky-Digibox-To-Watch-English-Channels-Such-As-BBC-And--ITV&id=565833

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZmkwVrYVU0&feature=player_embedded

• Advertisement

CorkGurl wrote: »

edit: already answered.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement