Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flood Warning from AA Road watch

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭bumpintraining

Had a shower earlier. Living in the suburbs so unless I was only using the water left over in the tank?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭Banter Joe

Cork to Killarney. is it possible to get from Cork to Killarney at the moment? How would you go about it? I live on the North side of the city (near hollyhill!!!)

THANKS!!

Bus Eireann was going from Cork To Killarney yesterday so I wouldn't think there would be a problem. Might have to just avoid the city centre as much as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Brosnan!

does anyone no anything about victoria cross now,,, i live in vic mills during the week but left on friday and the place was in bad shape.

is it closed for a while or whats the story??? do i need to find somewhere to live for the week?? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭fulhamfanincork

Weather has improved

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Brosnan! wrote: »
    does anyone no anything about victoria cross now,,, i live in vic mills during the week but left on friday and the place was in bad shape.

is it closed for a while or whats the story??? do i need to find somewhere to live for the week?? :confused:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=63122053&postcount=108

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

a) What's the story with showering with the water??

If you are in an area without water then do not shower / flush the toilet less etc. There will still be some water in your tank but not a lot so don't waste it!

Buy bottled water and boil it.
    Had a shower earlier. Living in the suburbs so unless I was only using the water left over in the tank?

If you are in an affected area then yes it was the tank water you were using, in which case follow the advice I gave to itsallaboutheL.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Just started lashing there (again)

updated: 21/11/2009 18:58:28

*Click on Live Traffic map for info on your area. *GALWAY* • Drivers on the Dublin/Galway Rd can use the N6 from Dublin to Ballinasloe and then temporarily use, the unfinished, M6 to bypass Ballinasloe and Craughwell. Single lane traffic is in place, a strict speed limit of 50kpm applies. Delays of up to 45mins eastbound along the route. • IMPORTANT: Motorists wishing to get onto the M6 for Craughwell can only get on AT Galway Clinic, Doughiska and can only get off at Loughrea. Those who try to get onto the M6 at Craughwell will be turned back. • N17 Galway/Tuam Rd is flooded at Two Mile Ditch and Claregalway. Divert via N84/Headford Rd. • N18 Ennis/Galway Rd is flooded with diversions at Crowe St, Gort and at Labane. Allow an extra hour for journeys. Further along, reports of flooding at Kilcolgan. • Galway/Monivea Rd (R339) is flooded from Carnmore Cross to Cashla; diversions via Athenry (not Claregalway).
    • Flooding on the Ferry Bridge on the N65 in Portumna, Galway though it remains open at this point, and further along this route in North Tipperary the N65 is impassable at Carrigahorig. Divert via Birr, Offaly. *LEITRIM* Busy traffic approaching Carrick-On-Shannon on the N4 Sligo/Dublin Rd from the Sligo side. Note that a flood at the Landmark Hotel is passable with care. Elsewhere, in Carrick-On-Shannon the following roads are closed: • The N4 at Tesco, Park Lane, Quay St and the Leitrim Rd (R280). • Leitrim Village remains impassable. *KILKENNY* • The old N8 Dublin/Cork Rd is impassable between Johnstown and Cullahill. Diversions are in place. • No further reports of flooding on Freshford/Urlingford Rd (R693) or Borris/Bagenalstown Rd (R705). *MAYO* • A stop/go system is in place on the N5 Castlebar/Swinford Rd at Ballyvary.
    *CORK CITY* • Carrigrohane Straight, Lee Rd and Sunday's Well Rd, from Thomas Davis Bridge through to Shanakiel Rd, are all closed. *WATERFORD CITY* • The following roads remain closed: the Tramore Rd, the Old Tramore Rd and the Superquinn R/A is accessible from Waterford side only. *CAVAN* • The N3 Butlers Bridge/Belturbert Rd is closed. Divert via the N54 to Gannons Cross and onto the Belturbet Rd (R197). • Bad flooding on the Ballybay/Cootehill Rd (R190). Motorists are advised to travel via Rockcorry instead. • The Milltown/Killeshandra Rd (R201) remains flooded. *ROSCOMMON* • The N63 Roscommon/Galway Rd is closed at Athleague. • The N60 Castlerea/Ballymoe Rd is closed at Ballymoe. • Ballyforan Village is impassable. • A number of minor roads are also affected.
    *TIPPERARY* • In Clonmel, Convent Bridge, Davis Rd Coleville Rd and the Quays remain closed until Sunday morning (22nd) at the earliest. • There is a lot of surface water on the N24 Clonmel/Carrick-On-Suir Rd. *CLARE* • In Ennis town, the Gort Rd remains closed to traffic and access to Abbey St is via Francis St only. • A number of minor roads are also affected. *LONGFORD* • The N5 Longford/Strokestown Rd is still closed at Tarmonbarry and Longford town; divert via Newtownforbes. • The N63 Longford/Lanesborough Rd is closed at the railway bridge in Longford. Diversions are in place. *CARLOW* • Kennedy St, Castle Hill, Centaur St & Marlborough St remain closed and Crossneen Rd is also impassable. • Local access only is being maintained at Leighlinbridge. *KERRY* • The N71 Killarney/Kenmare Rd is now passable at Molls Gap but with extreme care.

Just was going out there, 5 bolts of lightning and I'm staying in for the night

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Well it made some serious rain here in Kerry. The water is on its way down to ye now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭sunnyside

I'm off to wash my hair in case the water gets cut off!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Webmonkey wrote: »
    Well it made some serious rain here in Kerry. The water is on its way down to ye now

Great:rolleyes: - Mallow and Fermot to be flooded again in the morning so!

I'm hearing tunder and water hitting of my roof crazy. Dodgy out...with really bad winds also

Webmonkey wrote: »
    I'm hearing tunder and water hitting of my roof crazy. Dodgy out...with really bad winds also

I'm down by Collage Rd. Showers are really heavy, tis fairly windy, saw 5 bolts of lightning (so far) and heard no thunder. Gotta love the Irish weather

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭coolmoose

I'm down by Collage Rd. Showers are really heavy, tis fairly windy, saw 5 bolts of lightning (so far) and heard no thunder. Gotta love the Irish weather

Thought I saw lightning there while ago alright...

It has arrived so. Wonder if I'll be able to get back up to Cork tomorrow night. Fingers crossed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭CRAIG07

is this on its way to limerick or are we alright ?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Just got a call from my cousin,the water is being turned off out here in ballincollig in 20mins.

CRAIG07 wrote: »
    is this on its way to limerick or are we alright ?

Mate, we live in Ireland, anything can happen with the weather:D:D

Seriously, the lightning scarred the **** outta me

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Keep an on the rain radar to see what's coming the showers are very hit and miss, the radar can be seen at http://www.carlowweather.com/wxradar.php

• Registered Users Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Steoob

Villain wrote: »
    Keep an on the rain radar to see what's coming the showers are very hit and miss, the radar can be seen at http://www.carlowweather.com/wxradar.php
    Seems grand to me?? 0.5 mils an hour is nothing. Plus i live in cork city and haven't heard or seen any thunder and lightning?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭coolmoose

Steoob wrote: »
    Seems grand to me?? 0.5 mils an hour is nothing. Plus i live in cork city and haven't heard or seen any thunder and lightning?

ya i thought i saw it, but i'm not sure...went out to the car and suddenly saw a bright flash of light. fully convinced it was lightning! not often you think you saw lightning...weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

I'm about 10km east of the city centre and we had plenty of lightning about half an hour ago. it seemed to fade off to the east though.

coolmoose wrote: »
    ya i thought i saw it, but i'm not sure...went out to the car and suddenly saw a bright flash of light. fully convinced it was lightning! not often you think you saw lightning...weird.

Strange as I'm about a 5 minute walk from the city centre and saw what coolmoose saw about 5 times

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

Im in Palmbury , just got text from next door saying water be turned off in 20 mins !!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭sheep-go-baa

Thank god someone else saw the lightening! thought i was going mad there for a while imagining it :o
    so did the water go out in ballincollig yet?

Thank god someone else saw the lightening! thought i was going mad there for a while imagining it :o
    so did the water go out in ballincollig yet?

No idea

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭tommmy1979

There was a lot of standing water on the link road about an hour ago, mostly between the magic roudabout and the tunnel, saw a car spin off near the mahon point exit.

T

tommmy1979 wrote: »
    There was a lot of standing water on the link road about an hour ago, mostly between the magic roudabout and the tunnel, saw a car spin off near the mahon point exit.

T
    Things are bad enough so...

tommmy1979 wrote: »

T

I'd say it's best to stay off the roads tonight. Was the person in the car ok??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭tommmy1979

I'd say it's best to stay off the roads tonight. Was the person in the car ok??

I'd say so, i was going in the other direction. The car went backwards up the embankment before the mahon point exit, tunnel bound. Standing water there can get very bad at times, particularily in the fast lane, very poor drainage.

T

Advertisement