Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flood Warning from AA Road watch

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Well thats good anyways!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭sunnyside

Hey guys,
    Just wondering if anyone knows how bad the Wilton area is effected as regards the floods, or is it effected?
    Thanks

Wilton/Bishopstown is not flooded. The Sarsfields roundabout was awful yesterday evening and there was a lot of water around the entrance to Elmvale because that's right next to the roundabout. But only the roundabout was flooded, not the houses.
    Webmonkey wrote: »
    Where you hear that? - thats dreadful

There are posters stuck up next to the posters of the UCC student around the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

It is all bad news lately, anyone got something good to share? :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,031 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Is the western road still flooded?

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭Dimitri

Anyone know when high tide is another 1in of rain forecasted for early in the morning I'm told but can't figure out anything on the met eireann website.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭sunnyside

Dimitri wrote: »
    Anyone know when high tide is another 1in of rain forecasted for early in the morning I'm told but can't figure out anything on the met eireann website.

Around 7.30am I think. The exact time was printed in the Echo today. I can't remember exactly but it was 7-8am.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

Hey guys,
    Just wondering if anyone knows how bad the Wilton area is effected as regards the floods, or is it effected?
    Thanks

Im In palmbury and wilton at the moment 11:20pm is fine !!

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

sunnyside wrote: »
    Around 7.30am I think. The exact time was printed in the Echo today. I can't remember exactly but it was 7-8am.

Yeah between 7 & 8. Water is being left out of the Iniscarra dam at the mo, so water levels will still be slightly higher

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

got bored so I did this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEWqbWGS4tw

I need to change some of the transitions - quality isn't great, but I'll upload with better quality if I can later, internet isn't great

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

I know when I was last down home I thought the city needed a good wash, but Jesus, I didn't think people would take my suggestion to that lenght.

Joking aside, at this stage surely the insurance in Cork businesses no longer covers floods, or if it does, people cannot accord it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

got bored so I did this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEWqbWGS4tw

I need to change some of the transitions - quality isn't great, but I'll upload with better quality if I can later, internet isn't great

Excellent stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

The view from Bachelors Quay thismorning:

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭FungiWalsh

Looking out my window by Patrick's Bridge, the river's flowing at a fair ol' pace now. Not as fast as last night, though, and it's a hell of a lot lower too. Good sign? Or is it just a case of waiting to see how bad the rain will be?

FungiWalsh wrote: »
    Looking out my window by Patrick's Bridge, the river's flowing at a fair ol' pace now. Not as fast as last night, though, and it's a hell of a lot lower too. Good sign? Or is it just a case of waiting to see how bad the rain will be?

low tide at the moment, but if it is lower now compared to last night, its a good sign. It'll be a case of seeing how much rain falls, the dam is still releasing water at the moment. Not sure when the worst of the rain is due to fall, think its just all day 2moro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 kobek

Maradyke Arena is under 3 feet of water. I was whishted away from taking any inside shots. The public park and the crickit club there are all flooded. Generaly under 3 feet of water. Tragedy really., the Arena is a great amenity.

Some guys car conked out so me and another guy pushed him to dry ground, id say his car is destroyed.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=96586&stc=1&d=1258726674

Thanks for the help!, I was floating there for a moment and it was really scary. The engine started after few minutes, but the oil needs to be changed, etc..
    anyway I hope that it wont get worse than it was yesterday morning on the Mardyke Walk, fingers crossed.
    And stay dry!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

Theres been a tad bit of rain but nothing that would suggest flood amounts apart from whats maybe being released from the dam.

*EDIT rain is realy starting to pick up around togher area now....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,245 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Rain is bucketing down in the city at the moment. Victoria cross western road and straight road are still impassable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 evilpaperbag

I have to make it to the train station at about 12. Anyone know if this is possible? From the Blarney side preferably.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

I have to make it to the train station at about 12. Anyone know if this is possible? From the Blarney side preferably.

Unless things are far worse than yesterday, it should be doable. Stay on the northside and avoid the quays. Come in by the mallow road, not shanakiel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭DamienH

Ya I had a class this morning but it was cancelled, South Douglas Road flooded in a matter on minutes. Weather best described as being gash.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

DamienH wrote: »
    Ya I had a class this morning but it was cancelled, South Douglas Road flooded in a matter on minutes. Weather best described as being gash.

How's the Main Douglas road, I need to get the no. 7 bus in as far as Lee Motors.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭x43r0

I was gonna head home to waterford today. From college road to Wilton to the tunnel. Is anywhere there bad? I heard the sarsfield roundabout was bad

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Look's like we escaped the floods last night

Updated: 21/11/2009 11:54:05 WEATHER CONDITIONS ARE DETERIORATING AGAIN. * Click on Live Traffic map for info on your area. *LIMERICK CITY* Shannon Bridge in Limerick is closed until 12pm, after the 60ft Christmas tree got lodged against the bridge. The Condell Rd inbound is closed from the Clonmacken R/A. *CORK CITY* • Western Rd, Carrigrohane Straight and Lee Rd are closed due to flooding. Victoria Cross is impassable. Outbound traffic from the city heading west should travel via Washington St, turn left onto South Main St & out towards College Rd. *NORTH CORK* • The Kilworth to Ballyduff Rd (R666) is impassable due to flooding. *WEST CORK* The N71 Cork/Bantry Rd is blocked at Bandon and Innishannon.
    *GALWAY* • Drivers on the Dublin/Galway Rd can use the N6 from Dublin to Balinasloe and then temporarily use, the as yet unfinished, M6 to bypass Balinasloe and Craughwell. Single lane traffic is in operation & a strict speed limit of 50kpm applies. • IMPORTANT: Motorists wishing to get onto the M6 for Craughwell can only get on AT Galway Clinic, Doughiska and can only get off at Loughrea. Those who try to get onto the M6 at Craughwell will be turned back. • The Galway/Monivea Rd (R339) is flooded from Carnmore Cross to Cashla; diversions via Athenry (not Claregalway). • The N17 Galway/ Tuam Rd is flooded at Two Mile Ditch and closed at Claregalway. Divert via the N84 Headford Rd instead. • The N18 Ennis/ Galway Rd is flooded with diversions at Crowe St, Gort and at Laban. • The N84 Galway/ Headford Rd will be heavy today especially at the Shopping Centre. • The Ferry bridge in Portumna on the N65 Loughrea/Borrisokane Rd is almost impassable. Avoid the area.
    *CAVAN* • The N3 Cavan/Belturbert Rd is closed due flooding. Divert to Butlersbridge. *TIPPERARY* In Clonmel, Old Bridge, The Gashouse Bridge and Raheen Rd have reopened. Convent Bridge and Davis Rd are still closed. *ROSCOMMON* The N63 Roscommon/Galway is closed at Athleague. The N60 Castlerea/Ballymoe Rd is closed at Ballymoe. There are a number of other minor roads also affected. *CLARE* • In Ennis town, Abbey St and the Gort Rd are closed. The Limerick Rd, the Kilrush Rd and the Tulla Rd are open. • The N85 Ennis/Ennistymon Rd is passable. *CARLOW* In Carlow town, Kennedy St, Castle Hill, Centaur St & Marlborough St are still closed. *WATERFORD CITY* The Tramore Rd remains closed, the Superquinn R/A is accessible from the Waterford side but not the Tramore side. The Old Tramore Rd is also closed. *WICKLOW* Flooding on the N11 between Lil Doyles and Wicklow.
    *KERRY* • The N71 Killarney/Kenmare Rd is closed at Molls Gap due to flooding. Bad flooding on: • the N22 Tralee Rd out of Killarney, • the N20 Tralee Rd at Caherciveen • the N69 between Tralee and Killflynn. • Beaufort village is completely impassable. *LEITRIM* In Carrick-on-Shannon: • Park Lane & Quay St are closed • The Leitrim Rd (R280) is closed • The N4 Dublin/Sligo Rd is closed at Tesco • Leitrim village remains impassable. *LONGFORD* • The N5 Longford/Strokestown Rd is closed at Tarmonbarry and Longford town; divert via Newtownforbes. • N63 Longford/Lanesborough Rd is closed at the railway bridge in Longford.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Can someone tell me if more floods are expected over the weekend? I cant figure it our from the rte website...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Jay P wrote: »
    Can someone tell me if more floods are expected over the weekend? I cant figure it our from the rte website...

I checked at http://www.met.ie. This afternoon will be showery and windy, tonight is more of the same. Tommorow is ment to be v.windy and more rain is expected to arrive late Sunday/early Monday

I would say the chance of more floods is pretty low unless the ESB let a lot of water from the dam

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

That's good to hear. I'm not really keen on having my apartment destroyed while I'm back in Ennis...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭insinkerator

I must have slept through all the rain this morining, cos i woke up and it was sunny :P

Savage day again today. Any idea of there is more rain in store for tonight. I assume none of this is affecting the airport?, what with it being so high up. Im suppose to be flying to aberdeen on thursday, although it will probably have cleared up by then.

Any idea how douglas/mahon/blackrock are?

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭babo9

Haha, somebody usig the floods to their advantage :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 PurplePainter

Cork to Killarney. is it possible to get from Cork to Killarney at the moment? How would you go about it? I live on the North side of the city (near hollyhill!!!)

THANKS!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

a) What's the story with showering with the water??

b) Anybody have a shower with water in it!!?

Advertisement