Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cage Contender (Featherweight)

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Alright cheers. So all other strikes to the head while standing? I would've thought 15 would be too young. But Im pretty jealous ha

well at 11 ya can box and Kickbox so its no big deal really..
    nothing ya cant do in them sports..

If ya wanted to fight you should ask your coach as a lot of shows are putting on 1-2 teen fights these days. he might say no but you never know.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭bjj-fighter

cowzerp wrote: »

If ya wanted to fight you should ask your coach as a lot of shows are putting on 1-2 teen fights these days. he might say no but you never know.

Yeah,Im not disagreeing,I just didn't think that 15year olds could fight semi pro,its cool alright.

Yeah I'll see about fighting on some shows...its completly up to my coach so whatever he thinks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Jason Mc

QUOTE]

The main differnce is they wear head guards and bigger gloves.

We haven't had under 16s fight at our show with head shots. Wondering what is the general concensus among other shows out there?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭mark.leonard

Jason Mc wrote: »

The main differnce is they wear head guards and bigger gloves.

We haven't had under 16s fight at our show with head shots. Wondering what is the general concensus among other shows out there?

I have been tempted to put teens in C class matches in TW, but I have decided against each time, simply because I don't think fans want to see a kid of a tender age get KO'ed. Just my two cents

I have been tempted to put teens in C class matches in TW, but I have decided against each time, simply because I don't think fans want to see a kid of a tender age get KO'ed. Just my two cents

Mark-
    Well with no knee's to the head its really D class, as i said i dont know if the other fights have knee's or not with teens.

jason-
    Headguards change nothing imo and most boxers i know who boxed before they where mandatory did not notice any difference, if anything it gives more target to hit, the gloves do make a difference for sure.

the main advantage is they stop cuts and im all for using more vaseline on the face to prevent cuts as it does not affect anything else if aplied only to the right areas and not blobbed on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Jason Mc

Yeah at the moment we side away from them.

I'm not entirely sold on the u16s not taking head shots as I realise its only a small part of the game and they do get hit to head in other sports.

I suppose we have to be a little more cautious with the publics perception of what we do and thats why we haven't.

Anyone know what the score is with shows in Europe or the states?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

Is this off topic? Apologies if it is. Just a question for you Cowzer, have those lads fought at D class before? A few times? Or are they making debuts at C class?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭John Ferguson

Less than 2 weeks to go!!!!!!

There are still a few tickets knocking around with the fighters so if you haven't got a ticket yet see the fighters asap!!!!!!!!

DOORS: 7pm

FIRST FIGHT: 7:30pm SHARP!!!!!!

Running order will be announced early next week

Is this off topic? Apologies if it is. Just a question for you Cowzer, have those lads fought at D class before? A few times? Or are they making debuts at C class?

Never fought D class but they train to fight the way there going to fight so D class would be more foreign to them, I'm assuming you mean E class no head strikes though, as there more or less fighting D class.

Hope that helps, Looking forward to the show now..

Eamon Laverty from EFR has stepped in as a late replacement to fight against Sebastian Torres after the very late withdrawl of Kevin Carney from Antrim MMA due to a chest infection. The Cage Contender fightcard has been .................MORE

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭Barry.Oglesby

Good show gentlemen. Great production values, nice pro fights to finish and some entertaining C class bouts. If I weren't on a junket to it I would have been happy to have forked over my hard earned cash for a ticket.

I actually haven't paid into a show in 3 years come to that... I wonder how long I can keep that going.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 hendy

any results yet? I heard sebastian won by rnc?....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 398 ✭✭Anakin.S

not exacty detailed but i've posted a link to phots of the winners

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=181989&id=655280038&l=29452a9a62

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭RearNakedJim

I actually haven't paid into a show in 3 years come to that... I wonder how long I can keep that going.

I think i made it to about 5 years, the last one 5 years ago was one of the ring of truths, i paid in and then john got me to time keep anyway, and it ended last year with tribal warefare were i paid in and ended up judging cause everyone else i went with was to drunk :). The circle of life i guess.

Results? Did Seb Torres win? i can't tell from the photos.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Chris89

No, he lost. The ref is just holding his hand up to confuse everyone.

Chris89 wrote: »
    No, he lost. The ref is just holding his hand up to confuse everyone.

You're not funny.

Is this torres?

18169_316847170038_655280038_4513098_6290701_n.jpg

if he won a 4 man tournie why is he only in one photo?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Chris89

Oh i see, there was no tournament on or something he just had one fight.

Yes it is him.

I am actually quite funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Clive

... it ended last year with tribal warefare were i paid in and ended up judging cause everyone else i went with was to drunk :)

A perfectly executed plan :D

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭mmmm...not sure

Hey any videos from cage contender?

• Advertisement

When are the results going to go up on the fight.ie website?

I wasn't at the event but heard it was very good, have you got much feedback from the press? I heard they were hyping the event up big time

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Results???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 MikeRFA

Is anyone else having trouble with the site?? Anything i click wont load. No results.

The results have been updated .......... HERE

We are waiting for some times etc tomorrow and will update on this thread!!!

THANKS TO ALL FIGHTERS, COACHES, OFFICALS and FANS for all your help and support!!!!!

John & Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭mark.leonard

So glad you got that done, people will stop asking me results at the gym now!

So glad you got that done, people will stop asking me results at the gym now!

Problem was that our MC was keeping the results for us and he took them back to the UK..... His bag then got lost at stansed airport!!!!

I will fill in the blanks asap!!! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭Mrs Lynch

I notice nobody has actually commented on some of the fights which I believe had true quality and entertainment! Firstly well done to all those who entered the cage (it takes a lot!):)

For me I would say my personal fight of the nite had to be Davin Corrigan and Alan Philpott. Two absolutely brillant young warriors with huge potential in the sport. Two lads at very tender ages and they did everyone proud. And after their intense encounter both boys stood together and enjoyed the rest of the show as if they wer best friend - Im really proud of you 18 and 16 years old and brilliant lads;)

Crowe and McTrusty fight had us on edge - some great action and brillant finishing by an ever confident Crowe.

Brillant action from a very strong Kilfin and of course Joe (my little baby) well done. Joe's up againts the notorious Wee C whom I think will be an excellent encounter for both of the boys and an extremely tight contest but may the best man win;)

Eugene McAuley and Andrew Falconer had both turned up for the win and give the fans wot we are there to see - sheer class and action this went to split decision.

Im tryin to remember it all but I cudnt get a fightcard on the nite so I wasnt familar with all the fighters but well done - I had a few "concerns" but with the standard of reffin professionalism prevailed. One thing that I would suggest is that all contenders receive some kind of recognition. These fighters are dedicating their lives I would have like to see some kind of recognition for the fighters like Alan, Ronnie, etc a small gesture of trophy or medal.

Urs
    xxx

Advertisement