Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cage Contender (Featherweight)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭kid chaos

fightie wrote: »
    We can confrim that Joe Clarke will be on the undercard of this show!!!!

John
    www.fight.ie
    :D
    Are weigh ins the day before john?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭John Ferguson

kid chaos wrote: »
    :D
    Are weigh ins the day before john?

Yes as always the weigh in will be the day before, we will announce all details within a fortnite

John
    www.fight.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭UC Newry

Everytime we go to Damo looking to get him matched at Conflict he says that he wants a bantamweight fight. He fought Ritchie Ivory at 62 but since we have been finding it hard getting him matches at that weight so he ends up fighting above that at 64 or even 66 last time out. But he came to us regarding the next fight and said that after that he wants to try and get matches back down at bantam, so as far as we know thats the weight he intends to fight at.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 sonoflife

I find that terribly offensive to big boned people. icon9.gif

LOL....Well there is Fedor...?Hes big, fast, an powerfull...But then again im not sure hes intirely human???:D

We have now finished the line up for CAGE CONTENDER(featherweight), 5th Feb 2010, Clarion Hotel, Carrickfergus
    • Ben "Son of Life" Davis
    • Sebastian Torres
    • Gary "The Dumptruck" Morris
    • Kevin "Bam Bam" McAlonan
    Let us know who your pick as the winner is????? :)

Tickets are now available from Ticketmaster and the fighters on the card,

The undercard will be announced later this week on www.fight.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Martin Walker

Thats a good tourney there. But i think Kevin McAlonan will take it. More experienced, fought around the UK and Europe and just beat Fred Fernandez.

Same deal as before? 3x3mins. Draw on weigh ins

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭kid chaos

Thats a good tourney there. But i think Kevin McAlonan will take it. More experienced, fought around the UK and Europe and just beat Fred Fernandez.

Same deal as before? 3x3mins. Draw on weigh ins
    I agree

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Ben "Son of Life" Davis

Sebastian Torres

Gary "The Dumptruck" Morris

Kevin "Bam Bam" McAlonan

Genuinely great tournament, if it goes as it could it will be the best in a long while.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 brookie

We have now finished the line up for CAGE CONTENDER(featherweight), 5th Feb 2010, Clarion Hotel, Carrickfergus
    • Sebastian Torres
    Let us know who your pick as the winner is????? :)

Tickets are now available from Ticketmaster and the fighters on the card,

The undercard will be announced later this week on www.fight.ie
    torres!!!!!!

We now have the line up for CAGE CONTENDER(featherweight), 5th Feb 2010, Clarion Hotel, Carrickfergus...We will fill in the gaps as we get them sorted

FEATHERWEIGHT TOURNAMENT
    • Sebastian Torres
    Undercard

Welterweight
    Professional (3x5)

Myles Pryce v TBC

Featherweight
    Professional (3x5)

Johnny McGillion v Noel Duggan

Heavyweight
    Semi-Pro (3x3)

Robert McTrusty v Sean Crowe

Andy Thompson v TBC

Middleweight
    Semi-Pro (3x3)

Paul Moore v TBC

Welterweight
    Semi-Pro (3x3)

Sean Pagel v Ciaran Gillen

Samuel Keatinge v Thomas Crosse

Featherweight
    Semi-Pro (3x3)

Joe Clarke v Brendan McGarry

Andrew Falconer v Eugene McAuley

Decky Dalton v Lee Metcalfe

Bantamweight
    Semi-Pro (3x3)

Neil Ward v Caoimhine Murtagh

Flyweight
    Teens Semi-Pro (3x3)

Ronnie Brennan v Josh Bell

We also have a couple of others pending and will let you know asap

Let us know your thoughts on the card

John
    Cage Contender, 5th Feb 2009, Clarion Hotel, Carrickfergus
    www.fight.ie

• Advertisement

Im gonna unleash da fire!...Believe that!...Some great Irish names in the mix!....Could be any mans night???....If your a fan of MMA this will be a must see!!...Some great fighters on the undercard to!!!

A warrior fights to live an lives to fight! Even when there struck down they still shine bright!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 thebandit01

bam bam will 4 sure win. He has ko power in both hands. Myles price ktp. Y don't u try and get Ronan mckay EFR what a fight that would be!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭mark.leonard

bam bam will 4 sure win. He has ko power in both hands. Myles price ktp. Y don't u try and get Ronan mckay EFR what a fight that would be!!!!

Nothing sure in this life Dec :D I can think of at least three people who disagree with you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭colinlaird000

If Sebastian gets his hands on any of them, he has already shown it'll be a very short night for whoever hes fighting. We all know that Gary has a strong Judo background as well as dangerous hands, so his clinch work should be excellent. EFR team are always more than competent at any range. Pont Blank also tend to have a high standard of skills in any position, with their hybrid SBG / TKD / San Shou game.. It'll looks like its shaping up nicely to be a brilliant event, witha lot of different aspects of the MMA game on show in one competition. :) Bring on the little people! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 22 thebandit01

Nothing sure in this life Dec :D I can think of at least three people who disagree with you!

I'm always goin to back my team mate mark as u know lol the other 3 fighters are all cool lads but I think kev will b to much 4 any of them!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 44 irishdownhiller

sebastian will take this!

once he gets them down or it goes down, he will finish it! guy is improving a hell of a lot and gonna be a good one for him.

sebastian will take this!

once he gets them down or it goes down, he will finish it! guy is improving a hell of a lot and gonna be a good one for him.

At the risk of doing John's promotion for him :), I respectfully disagree!

Sure did, cheers.

Might be more subtle if you had started your own thread entitled
    "Wondering if anyone (Mark) has put up their club, fighter and promotion details on the Fight website?"

:P

Looks like im the underdog for the title....lol

• Advertisement

sonoflife wrote: »
    Looks like im the underdog for the title....lol

Just the way we want it Ben ;)

Gary "The Dumptruck" Morris has been withdrawn for Cage Contender. We now require someone to replace him, we would much rather give this place to a top Irish featherweight than someone from overseas:)

Anyone interested contact me on: john@crew.ie

Cheers

John
    Cage Contender, Clarion Hotel, Carrickfergus, 5 Feb 2010

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 smayhem

Gary "The Dumptruck" Morris has been withdrawn for Cage Contender. We now require someone to replace him, wo would much rather give this place to a top Irish featherweight than someone from overseas:)

Anyone interested contact me on: john@crew.ie

Cheers

John
    Cage Contender, Clarion Hotel, Carrickfergus, 5 Feb 2010

does Gary like to see his name on the interweb or what?? that must be the 3rd or 4th fight i have heard him pulling out of this year!! of course everyone has to pull out of a fight once or twice in there career but 3 or 4 in 1 year?? gary was very busy at the start of his career pity to see him slide away!!

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Judomad

smayhem wrote: »
    does Gary like to see his name on the interweb or what?? that must be the 3rd or 4th fight i have heard him pulling out of this year!! of course everyone has to pull out of a fight once or twice in there career but 3 or 4 in 1 year?? gary was very busy at the start of his career pity to see him slide away!!

I am far from sliding away, i have a job i need to keep in this recession, us fighters in ireland cant pay our bills from MMA purses, i had 10-12 pro fights last year and that wouldnt even start to dent my bills for the year...I apologise for not taking part in these fights, others were through injury(which happens while fighting and training so hard to fight) i dont feel as though i need to explain myself, just simply stating how it is.
    I regret that i've pulled out of these fights but things need to be done and work has been that thing which has caused me to miss alot of training, i doubt i'd be doing my club, John and Mark(the promoters) and even myself any justice turning up to fight 3 tough highly rated FW's(or anyone for that mater) being unfit, out of practice and generally just not in a professional fighters condition they should be in...apologies all round from me :(

Judomad wrote: »
    I am far from sliding away, i have a job i need to keep in this recession, us fighters in ireland cant pay our bills from MMA purses, i had 10-12 pro fights last year and that wouldnt even start to dent my bills for the year...I apologise for not taking part in these fights, others were through injury(which happens while fighting and training so hard to fight) i dont feel as though i need to explain myself, just simply stating how it is.
    I regret that i've pulled out of these fights but things need to be done and work has been that thing which has caused me to miss alot of training, i doubt i'd be doing my club, John and Mark(the promoters) and even myself any justice turning up to fight 3 tough highly rated FW's(or anyone for that mater) being unfit, out of practice and generally just not in a professional fighters condition they should be in...apologies all round from me :(

Thanks for clearing that up Gary, we totally understand why you were pulled out and you have no need whatsoever to explain yourself. We are looking forward to having you on a show or 2 in 2010

Thank you again

John & Mark

We are offering VIP packages to Cage Contender(featherweights), 5th Feb 2010......

OFFER

Room for 2 people (Double or twin) in the Clarion Hotel on 5th Feb (Bed and Breakfast)

2 x Cageside seats for the event

Aftershow party passes

ONLY £120 (£60 each)

To purchase this offer email me to john@crew.ie and i will send you paypal details. If you are purchasing as a pressie we can email a gift cert so that you have it for Xmas.....

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Chewabacca

wayne1 wrote: »
    ok i put the 3 champions in

Tim Murphy (TW Champion)
    Mick Leonard (EFR Champion)
    Kevin Carney (Spartan Champion)
    and i put( paul cowser )
    i think that be a great show

I'd buy that as a PPV:).

We can only dream of this, hopefully all these guys will meet each other in the cage/ring sooner or later.

Carney and Cowzer already had a cracking fight, I'd love to see another.

Is anyone else astonished that Carney can make FW? The guys is massive for the division.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Martin Walker

Chewabacca wrote: »
    Is anyone else astonished that Carney can make FW? The guys is massive for the division.

And he used to cut to Bantamweight!!
    Although the last time he done it he developed a phobia of the sauna. So its FW for him until i can persuade him to strip to Bantam again.

Four man tournament press release:

http://www.fight.ie/News/Ireland/index.html

John
    Cage Contender, 5 Feb 2010, Clarion Hotel, Carrickfergus

• Advertisement

Ferguson continued "I know its hard to believe that we have trouble getting the four top guys in a weight divison together at the same time. But thats just how it is. Of course we would prefer to have the Cage Contender tournaments fought out between the cream of Irish talent but up to now that just hasnt been possible for a host of reasons."

Why is it so hard to believe?
    With so many shows on these days its getting harder by the minute to fill an under card let alone a pro main event requiring fighters to fight twice in one night.

Advertisement