Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband Speed & Ping Test Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Praetorian

2827302962.png

Considering I was worried my line was long. I am needless to say, happy. Also, I saw on the installers equipment that the max sync was about 137 m/bit down and 40 m/bit up.

upc speed test =
    Last Result:
    Download Speed: 67431 kbps (8428.9 KB/sec transfer rate)
    Upload Speed: 16305 kbps (2038.1 KB/sec transfer rate)
    Latency: 27 ms
    7/10/2013 10:26:03 AM

magnet speed test =

Download Speed: 67075 kbps (8384.4 KB/sec transfer rate)
    Upload Speed: 16651 kbps (2081.4 KB/sec transfer rate)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,916 ✭✭✭dubmick

my fibre connection was installed today:

2838406206.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭ferike1

2838626175.png

On a 150mb/s line. Not exactly as advertised!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭Israeli Superiority

ferike1 wrote: »
    2838626175.png

On a 150mb/s line. Not exactly as advertised!

Wired or wireless?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭ferike1

Wired!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭red_bairn

Up to 24 (syncs @ 10):
    2840484562.png

Previous:

2481753823.png

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Moved over to Korea this week, got put ina 1room apartment...but...they pay for it and it has free internet

2847815308.png

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭IrishStuff09

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Moved over to Korea this week, got put ina 1room apartment...but...they pay for it and it has free internet

2847815308.png

That upload would be glorious over here :P *nudges upc*

SeantheMan wrote: »

2847815308.png

Where you living Sean? I was down in Nonsan-Si, Chungcheonnam-Do.

got the same stats when I was in my apartment.

They charged me about 20euro for water, building maintenance, internet & tv bundle altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

red_bairn wrote: »
    Where you living Sean? I was down in Nonsan-Si, Chungcheonnam-Do.

got the same stats when I was in my apartment.

They charged me about 20euro for water, building maintenance, internet & tv bundle altogether.

I'm also in Chungnam, but over in Seosan.
    I'll have to send ye a PM to get some tips and advice off ye :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,347 ✭✭✭No Pants

2852204216.png

Vodafone fibre in the Swords Manor area. To be honest, I'm not enthused over the speed, the new cab is just around the corner.

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭Vunderground

2855407431.png

Dublin 8 UPC

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭GHOST MGG

2855420628.png

d 14 UPC

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Vego

2855706673.png

• Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭Capri

What's the story when 4G gets goin , can I ditch everything and use my mobile a broadband connector :confused:

Seems to me (in de shticks :( ) that I'll never get decent b/band in Ireland - always something getting in the way :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭finnteme

Vodafone eFibre, Balbriggan

2859036906.png

84181179.png

• Registered Users Posts: 7,368 ✭✭✭jmcc

eFibre, Dunmore Road, Waterford to Vodafone, Dublin.
    speedtest.upc.ie
    48.15 Mb/s down : 10.15 Mb/s up. Ping 25mS.
    47.97 Mb/s down : 9.32 Mb/s up. Ping 31mS.

Speedtest.net /Eircom
    47.98 Mb/s down: : 10.13 Mb/s up. Ping 15 mS.

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users Posts: 34 DanielC95

2879573580 Wired connection! wireless is roughly 45/5

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

2896902702.png

100mb wired connection on UPC,had to restart pc and router to get it going today for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,089 ✭✭✭mada999

dubtom wrote: »
    2896902702.png

100mb wired connection on UPC,had to restart pc and router to get it going today for some reason.

have you got UPC in Dundalk ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

mada999 wrote: »
    have you got UPC in Dundalk ?

Im in Dublin,the nearest sever was in Dundalk,apparently

I just checked my sppeds again and their lower,39mb, I also tried it on UPC's speedtest, it got 83mb,both tests are supplied by Ookla, which is accurate I wonder.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭I_HAVE_NO_NAME

finnteme wrote: »
    Vodafone eFibre, Balbriggan

2859036906.png

84181179.png
    How far are you from the cabinet ?!

2902185877.png

85068554.png

Ive got a wireless isp called Arra Comunications Ltd. and I pay for 3 down and 1 up and my ping is bad . Id much prefer a 1gb down and up for the same price oh and I pay 40 euro a month:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Dick Masterson

2902185877.png

85068554.png

Ive got a wireless isp called Arra Comunications Ltd. and I pay for 3 down and 1 up and my ping is bad . Id much prefer a 1gb down and up for the same price oh and I pay 40 euro a month:(

I'm sure eveyone would love 1GB down for €40 a month, 1GB down is an incredible speed. In fact, so incredible, no broadband company in Ireland offers it.

I'm sure eveyone would love 1GB down for €40 a month, 1GB down is an incredible speed. In fact, so incredible, no broadband company in Ireland offers it.
    Yeah its a pity that eircom didnt do that with there ftth trial in sandyford because the bandwith had to be there because after all it was ftth so thats typical eircom:D

Yeah its a pity that eircom didnt do that with there ftth trial in sandyford because the bandwith had to be there because after all it was ftth so thats typical eircom:D

How do you expect them to make money if they're throwing all money around laying expensive fiber cables down and charging next to nothing for probably the fastest speed on the planet?

Look, I'm no fan of Eircom, but gigabit internet is very rare across the planet and it would cost a fortune to lay down. Giving away your top product for cheap away isn't good for business and I'm sure if you owned your own broadband company, you wouldn't do it either.

How do you expect them to make money if they're throwing all money around laying expensive fiber cables down and charging next to nothing for probably the fastest speed on the planet?

Look, I'm no fan of Eircom, but gigabit internet is very rare across the planet and it would cost a fortune to lay down. Giving away your top product for cheap away isn't good for business and I'm sure if you owned your own broadband company, you wouldn't do it either.

Fibre isn't expensive to lay down and the cable itself isn't as expensive as copper.

Korea Telecom sell FTTH bundles for about 20$…

red_bairn wrote: »
    Fibre isn't expensive to lay down and the cable itself isn't as expensive as copper.

Korea Telecom sell FTTH bundles for about 20$…

Do you have any figures? Can't find anything other than this.

Do you have any figures? Can't find anything other than this.

This will give you a rough idea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭IrishStuff09

I'm sure he meant 1Mbps speeds, not gigabit speeds :cool:

Advertisement