Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strikeforce Fedor vs Rogers Will contain Spoilers, Live fight chat

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭YamaMotoYama

He's 32 now, so the chances of seeing him in GSP like condition will probably not happen even if he does fight Lesnar/Carwin/Mir in the future.

He uses all old school training methods so a GSP cut is highly unlikely.

If you have time watch -
    "Fedor the baddest man on the planet" on youtube.

Awesome, got it.

Will do.

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=22121E336D12C4F0&search_query=fedor+the+baddest+man+on+the+planet

Just posting it here so I don't forget to watch it later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

He's 32 now, so the chances of seeing him in GSP like condition will probably not happen even if he does fight Lesnar/Carwin/Mir in the future.

wtf does that have to do with anything. He is a heavyweight and sdoesnt need to cut.

Killme00 wrote: »
    wtf does that have to do with anything. He is a heavyweight and sdoesnt need to cut.

Well - he is a small heavyweight and doesn't need to cut.

Lesnar, Carwin and the really big boys... all cut to make the upper limit of 265 in the UFC.

Sorry, really would like to let this slide but I can't.

I'll just say this, in fact, I won't say anything. I'll just negate your point of view with images.

brock-lesnar345.jpg

frankmir.jpgshane-carwin.jpg

fedor-emelianenko1.jpg

Does the physical shape of their body determine how good a fighter they are ? No, of course not.

Does it improve their athleticism ? In most cases yes.

Does Fedor need to be cut to be a good fighter ? No of course not.

Would it make him better if he was cut ? I've no idea.

My point is, just because you're a heavyweight, doesn't mean you don't have to be in good shape.

• Advertisement

Does the physical shape of their body determine how good a fighter they are ? No, of course not.

Does it improve their athleticism ? In most cases yes.

Does Fedor need to be cut to be a good fighter ? No of course not.

Would it make him better if he was cut ? I've no idea.

My point is, just because you're a heavyweight, doesn't mean you don't have to be in good shape.

LOL

Do you think Fedor is in bad shape? What the fck does his percieved shape have to do with how he fights?

Oh and please put each of the above fighters records beside their photos.

Well - he is a small heavyweight and doesn't need to cut.

Lesnar, Carwin and the really big boys... all cut to make the upper limit of 265 in the UFC.

Again, i appear to be missing your point. Fedor deosnt need to cut to a low bf%, so why should he?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭Tim_Murphy

:rolleyes: It isn't a bodybuilding competition. You don't get any points for having the best abs.

Fedors conditioning has always been excellent. The smart money would be on him pushing the pace in the forth or fifth rounds against any of the guys you posted pictures of.

Oh and he obviously works the guns ;)

fedorarm.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭juanjo

Oh and he obviously works the guns ;)

Dunno about that, but I can tell you, they shoot BIG time.
    11ih4qx.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Kent Brockman

I haven't watched a replay of the fight but it seems to me that Rogers pretty much destroyed Fedor in the first round.

just checked Sherdog and 2 of the 3 judges gave the 1st round to Fedor:eek: Did I miss something or was I fooled by the blood/ gnp ?

Again, i appear to be missing your point. Fedor deosnt need to cut to a low bf%, so why should he?

I didn't say he should cut down. Nor did I say it would make a difference to his game...

I think you need to go back and follow the thread :D - I made the point that he doesn't need to cut down either way because he is a small heavyweight (whereas large heavyweights do to make 265 in the UFC). :P

I haven't watched a replay of the fight but it seems to me that Rogers pretty much destroyed Fedor in the first round.

just checked Sherdog and 2 of the 3 judges gave the 1st round to Fedor:eek: Did I miss something or was I fooled by the blood/ gnp ?

i thought Fedor won the first round but it was close. He had two or three takedowns and his striking was cleaner. The busted nose and Gnp made it close but i think Fedor won it.

Cut came out early in the 1st, out of a square jab in the nose by rogers, nothing out of the ordinary. Rogers dominated at the fences, using his bigger size and weight, but just landing a few knees on fedor's legs. Rogers manged to turn a ground possition to his favour, and managed to land 3-4 ground punches before fedor got an arm and went for an armbar that rogers avoided very quickly (props to rogers for that).

Fedor got a massive left hook that almost knocks rogers down, also got 3 takedowns and some short ground punches as well. Don't forget that at the end of the 1st round fedor was on top of rogers on the ground.

For me the 1st round was also for fedor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭ginoginelli

You really need to watch that fight again The round was close, but how you can say rogers pretty much destroyed fedor is truely baffling :confused::confused:

Fedor clearly won a competitive first round in my eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,224 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

My first thought while watching this last night was, I can kinda see why Dana White refuses to do co-promotion. Apart from the whole "alphabet soup of titles" argument and the fact that DW would rather conquer than share...

This was essentially a Strikeforce event. Shields vs Miller was for the Strikeforce MW title and Fedor vs Rogers should have been for the Strikeforce HW belt, (if Overeem would wise up and vacate it). And what was the only thing you saw all night?
    M1-Global/Strikeforce Fedor vs Rogers.

Each logo, advert and cut screen had great big M1-Global advertising with a little Strikeforce one as an afterthought.

Now I'm not being a UFC fanboy or defending DW's refusal to sign him. Just saying that as co-promotion was one of the sticking points, I can see DW's point of view on that one. For a newbie tuning in you'd have thought M1-Global was the company putting on the event, not just Fedor/Mousasi's management team who "co-promoted", (i.e. let Fedor fight provided they got their name splattered everywhere).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,890 ✭✭✭cletus

It was just mentioned on another thread that M1 have the rights outside America, so maybe that would have ben different on US telly?

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Turbo_diesel

Dont know why the bloody interviewer was asking Fedor about a rematch? Will have to be Werdum or Overeen after this. Fedor is a legend just wish he would get to destroy Brock like this. Rogers not exactly gracious in defeat either

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HoYS891TVbM

Overeem would be awesome...I'm going to say this because I'm a huge mark but Bonjasky would be awesome. He would be tapped out in seconds though..:(

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Maynard

My bro noticed in the Mayhem fight that one corner (blue or red) fighter had "Strikeforce" on their gloves and the other corner had "M1-Global" on them:rolleyes:

WTF? That Finkelstein guy and his crew need a good kick in the rocks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,224 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

cletus wrote: »
    It was just mentioned on another thread that M1 have the rights outside America, so maybe that would have ben different on US telly?

I'm sure lots of people here watched via live stream, which I presume would be the CBS broadcast? Can anyone comment?

What I wanna know is the real view ratings for the fight. it started at 11:01 and therefore is out of the primetime. They're talking of around 4 million viewers on prime time and 3rd position for the main channels, but this doesn't reflect fedor's fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Hephaestus

2hxvlvp.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Hephaestus

juanjo wrote: »
    What I wanna know is the real view ratings for the fight. it started at 11:01 and therefore is out of the primetime. They're talking of around 4 million viewers on prime time and 3rd position for the main channels, but this doesn't reflect fedor's fight.

it drew 5.46 million viewers for the Fedor v Rogers fight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Jason Mc

Hephaestus wrote: »
    arkhamasylum_fedor.gif

Jesus talk about over committing to a punch

Was a belter though

Advertisement