Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Becoming a Real Runner

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

If i dont see you before the start, run fast:)

You at the Strand Palace? If so probably catch you at the hotel??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

Good luck Niall, steady first half, and then blast the last 10k.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

menoscemo wrote: »
    You at the Strand Palace? If so probably catch you at the hotel??

No Citizen M. When are you going to the Expo, hitting there around 10am tomorrow.

No Citizen M. When are you going to the Expo, hitting there around 10am tomorrow.

yeah we land about 10am in london city so should be in the expo shortly after 10:30. There might be a few going for a bite to eat around 6pm from the Strand palace so drop me a text if you want to meeet up. Best of luck if I don't see you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

yeah we land about 10am in london city so should be in the expo shortly after 10:30. There might be a few going for a bite to eat around 6pm from the Strand palace so drop me a text if you want to meeet up. Best of luck if I don't see you.

Are we having early pints in the Airport?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭blockic

Go get 'em Sunday Meno and enjoy it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭racheljev

All the best Meno, hope you've a great day out there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭KielyUnusual

Give it socks tomorrow Meno!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Stazza

Good luck tomorrow - I've a fiver e/w on ya.

Stazza wrote: »
    Good luck tomorrow - I've a fiver e/w on ya.

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,426 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

All the best today meno.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭ger664

Went through halfway 20K @ 1:32:10 but seems to have dropped back the pace to 8 min/mile since 10K

ger664 wrote: »
    Went through halfway @ 1:32:10 but seems to have dropped back the pace to 8 min/mile since 10K

Didn't make it to halfway :o.

No Idea what happened me today. I wasn't looking at watch but was running well and very comfortably up to 5-6 miles when I got a splitting headache. That turned into dizziness and then I felt like all the energy was drained out of me and legs turned to lead. Miles 7-12 were just a death-march with the pace dropping off every mile and hundreds streaming past me. Pulled up just over tower bridge as I was swerving over the road by that point.
    A little puke and a drink of Lucozade sport I came around and made my way back to the finish area. Feeling OK now.....not sure what went on. I can only think of sunstroke :confused: But the only ever time I got that it was 40c not 15c...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

Unlucky. Just wasn't your day.
    You'll probably surprise yourself next week though.
    I heard pints of Guinness are good for headaches & dizziness :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭pgmcpq

Tough luck Meno. Not what you deserve. Maybe get a quick blood test ?
    Re group and consider taking Boston seriously ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭theboyblunder

Thats happened to me meno. Very annoying, hard luck. Maybe boston now?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

Tough break Meno - welcome to the "feck it, it's only a race" club.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭PaulieYifter

Hard luck - you might simply have picked up a bit of a bug or something. Rest up this week and roll the dice again in Boston.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Beef

You defo have some sort of a bug or something - it's the only thing that makes sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,621 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

I can empathise Meno, but you'll be flying it again shortly.

You must be well on your way to regaling the lads with boxing folklore :)

Enjoy the rest of the evening.

TbL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Really sorry to hear that N. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭drquirky

Hard luck man. I've heard rumours of a tailwind in Boston this year though ;)

Started at what felt like a steady pace. Faded quickly. Started swerving all over the place. Puked my guts out.

London marathon race report
    As above

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

Started at what felt like a steady pace. Faded quickly. Started swerving all over the place. Puked my guts out.

London marathon race report
    As above
    Really sorry to hear about your troubles yesterday. ..
    Were you able to enjoy the Coal Hole?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭drquirky

Ososlo wrote: »
    Really sorry to hear about your troubles yesterday. ..
    Were you able to enjoy the Coal Hole?

Pretty sure that's his report from the Coal Hole as well :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

drquirky wrote: »
    Pretty sure that's his report from the Coal Hole as well :)

Lol I get it now :) it's early and I'm not quite awake yet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

Sorry to hear things didn't go to plan Meno. You'll be back.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,845 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Didn't make it to halfway :o.

No Idea what happened me today. I wasn't looking at watch but was running well and very comfortably up to 5-6 miles when I got a splitting headache. That turned into dizziness and then I felt like all the energy was drained out of me and legs turned to lead. Miles 7-12 were just a death-march with the pace dropping off every mile and hundreds streaming past me. Pulled up just over tower bridge as I was swerving over the road by that point.
    A little puke and a drink of Lucozade sport I came around and made my way back to the finish area. Feeling OK now.....not sure what went on. I can only think of sunstroke :confused: But the only ever time I got that it was 40c not 15c...

This happened to me in Dublin 2 years ago, pulled out at half way. I put it down to my mother illness at the time, even though i didnt think i was stressed, I was.

Similar happened again in New York last year but was sick the week before it, so I would think you have a bug on you or recovering from one that you didnt really notice.
    Would visit doctor and see if you get a dose of antibiotics and take a few weeks rest.

You come back stronger after this and you might doubt yourself a bit but you be grand

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Runchick

Really hope your feeling better soon meno, mind yerself for the next few days, next Monday will be a better day :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭outforarun

Tough break on Sunday. Hope you're feeling better. Did you have any indication on the starting line that you weren't 100%?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement