Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Facebooks Airline Manager

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Ciano35

New changes are out, and everybody don't forget the cheap fuel tonight ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭newcavanman

is the cheap fuel at 11pm tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭newcavanman

$50 now

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Like the new changes, but whats with the two figures under demand??

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Darius.Tr

Well the update looks nice, but has anyone checked if it's worth creating the business class or is it not worth the time?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭b318isp

Like the new changes, but whats with the two figures under demand??

I assume it is the demand for the outbound and inbound legs.

Edit: I've just noted:

"The first demand is for standard class, the second is for business class"

Darius.Tr wrote: »
    Well the update looks nice, but has anyone checked if it's worth creating the business class or is it not worth the time?

It's hard to say yet - I'll be trying it later today. I don't think conclusions can be drawn until we get more experience of it.

It may be of minor benefit for the more seasoned players to play around with.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

I started a couple of A380-900 routes last night as all business, earning may half a million more per flight, if not more

I started a couple of A380-900 routes last night as all business, earning may half a million more per flight, if not more

Yeah, value seems only to come from the increased demand %.

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭tipperaryboy

Some nice little tweaks. Wish i could purchase an a380 if only had the $ - would love some er cheats progress is slow only discovered this game recently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

Argh, this is rather confusing! Don't fancy configuring +160 A380s to business and what not.

donvito99 wrote: »
    Argh, this is rather confusing! Don't fancy configuring +160 A380s to business and what not.

Do it in stages, the benefits seem related to increasing demand.

The catering is really screwed up atm, I used have to buy more catering when flying most of my planes. I'm selling the same amount of meals per 15 flights as I was selling per 10 flights. Its supposed to be a 90% demand, so I'd expect to be selling to roughly 90% of my passengers - checked it out and I'm selling to about 50% of my passengers

The worry I have is that Cargo may be unprofitable - having to do C-Checks wipes out profits- I'm not sure it's viable unless flying them very regularly.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

b318isp wrote: »
    The worry I have is that Cargo may be unprofitable - having to do C-Checks wipes out profits- I'm not sure it's viable unless flying them very regularly.

If you have enough PAX points you can extend the length of time before the C-checks need to be carried out. Spending around $200m a day on checks. The new AM3 has seriously eroded profitability on my routes and 15 planes are bringing about the same as 10 were previously so a reduction of 1 third.

Yes, but I think the postpone option is not permanent? It only postpones the current round of C-Checks?

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭deltakilo

Fuel is currently $15.
    Fill your tanks now..only 53 minutes remaining!!

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Darius.Tr

deltakilo wrote: »
    Fuel is currently $15.
    Fill your tanks now..only 53 minutes remaining!!
    I'm too late as always....

Has the option to sell aircraft been done away with completely?

Has the option to sell aircraft been done away with completely?

No, I sold some DC10's yesterday to make way for A380-900's, you must however cancel the routes on each plane first, click into the route of the plane you want to sell and first "Close Itenerary", you will then be able to sell the aircraft in Hangar. Take a look at "Overview" and Aircraft sale value, I don't sell any aircraft unless it is in the 89%-90% range, otherwise you are losing some of the sale price of your aircraft.

I'm well on my way now to becoming an all A390 airline with "Royal Sun Atlantic Airlines" with over 330 A390's and turning around 2.5 bilillion a day profit. The upgrade to AM3 hit my earnings hard along with a missed fuel hedge and I lost almost 40% of profits, after two successful $400 fuel hedges I have expanded the fleet another 20% increased profitability and grown the share price over $2,000.

MOL eat your heart out! :D

• Advertisement

Stinicker wrote: »
    No, I sold some DC10's yesterday to make way for A380-900's, you must however cancel the routes on each plane first, click into the route of the plane you want to sell and first "Close Itenerary", you will then be able to sell the aircraft in Hangar. Take a look at "Overview" and Aircraft sale value, I don't sell any aircraft unless it is in the 89%-90% range, otherwise you are losing some of the sale price of your aircraft.

I'm well on my way now to becoming an all A390 airline with "Royal Sun Atlantic Airlines" with over 330 A390's and turning around 2.5 bilillion a day profit. The upgrade to AM3 hit my earnings hard along with a missed fuel hedge and I lost almost 40% of profits, after two successful $400 fuel hedges I have expanded the fleet another 20% increased profitability and grown the share price over $2,000.

MOL eat your heart out! :D

Thanks for that did not realise that routes had to be cancelled first.
    Can I ask what is the key to success/growing quickly am I missing something?(I've only discovered this a month ago)Wish I could get A390's! I JExpress Airlines have ten routes only turning over about €1million in profit though and maintenance seems to be denting fortunes hugely €60,000 daily maybe its the one ATR that's causing all the problems.

Would appreciate any tips :)

Check out the fast track guide in the Board section.

b318isp wrote: »
    Check out the fast track guide in the Board section.

Have looked at that but I thought that the budding MOL's here may have some tricks/tips in addition.

$15 fuel now!

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭dannye92

Earley Airlines just restarted so get in while its cheap.. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭whiteley91

ha bought 199,998 shares! you better be good now :p
    whiteley91 airlines ;)

Cheers! they went down a bit there sold some 2 a318s to make way for 2 superjets :) it'll recover ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭whiteley91

Iv faith in you! New to it myself anyway and just getting hang of it! :)

Bought 99,000 in yours there.

• Advertisement

Just bought 100,000 of Whitely91 and 199,999 of Earley Airlines, I can't seem to purchase 200,000 shares which is weird. My airline Royal Sun Atlantic is hovering at $2,558 per share at the moment and I am making losses at the moment but will have 400 A390's in the fleet by this weekend and I will then begin converting my 767's over to Cargo to retire the old Mercure freighters which began life last November when Royal Sun Atlantic was a small carrier operating from Cork to Dublin and Iceland.

Advertisement