Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Facebooks Airline Manager

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭rubensni

Dacian wrote: »
    A couple of days ago Rubensi posted share prices for most of us. Thought I'ld update it to show who is doing well. I'm sure I have missed a few.

Cheers Dacian, great minds really do think alike! Here's the spreadsheet I was working off of, should make it easier for everyone in future:
    http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0ArN09fPYffNadGd6Vk1vQlF6ajFQQmxLSHJ5S1BWeGc&hl=en

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭wayne2107

Aparently there is people that know how to auto fly the planes, meaning you dont have to keep starting them, also a little birdy tells me that Belfast is deffo coming.. Shannon is in the pipes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭crisco10

wayne2107 wrote: »
    Aparently there is people that know how to auto fly the planes, meaning you dont have to keep starting them, also a little birdy tells me that Belfast is deffo coming.. Shannon is in the pipes.

DO TELL!:p:o

Well Belfast is coming shortly, Shannon will be after that but might come with Belfast, heard nothing about Cork though.

Invest in GRIFFAIR and I'll tell you more! Only joking thats all i know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭drdeadlift

what are the benefits to operating from a hub

• Advertisement

I have to admit, We (Griffair) have made a huge mistake selling off 100 Atr aircraft, I thought shorthall was a waste of time how wrong could I have been. I under estimated the ATR and now Im paying the price. Griffair at this moment is in trouble were in the RED getting very deep in it to. Our shares have took a knock. Im the sort of man however that loves a challange and by god this is going to be some challange. Keep your eye on us help us out because my friends even the big ones fall no matter how many aircraft you have. It doesnt get any easier.

As far as I can tell there are none.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭cuterob

it's fun game but lol at people taking it overly serious

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

drdeadlift wrote: »

I think its just so with making each new route its starts from that,say Dublin, handy of your don't want routes all randomly.
    cuterob wrote: »
    it's fun game but lol at people taking it overly serious

OUT! :pac:

well things seem to be going well for my airline at the mo,has anyone bought the dc10-10,its fairly cheap a about 6mill compare the operating costs against the 731 there aint that much of a difference.

There have few tech problems so far but will this change once the dc10 is bought hmm

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

z0mg! Airlines :D

Currently have:
    AS.57 Ambassador x1
    CL-66B x1
    DC-6 x2
    DC-6B x3

Currently flying to Miami, New York, Astana, Moscow, Warsaw, Madrid & Ibiza - all out of Paris.

Worth $699,884 at the moment with a stock price of $0.07 :o

Advice & investors welcome :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

I've just recently started this, shares are at $0.16 but going up. I've a fleet of 14 aircraft,all short haul except for the 738.
    My main problem now is fuel,I'm -61,715 and it's been at $2100 per 1000lbs all morning.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,695 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

It's been down to $900, I topped up at that rate, you need to check often (and post here if $400 or below!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

I often see it for $400 but not yet today, all I have seen is $1300 and $2100 which is way too expensive for my liking.

It was @ €900 for a little bit, luckily I bought enough to keep me going for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

Gardair has gone from $0.16 to $0.21 in the last few hours
    [IMG]http://server208.server.activewebs.dk/am/graph.php?uID=100000260753444&x0aCbS=2009-11-13 14:39:43[/IMG]
    Company valued at just over $2 million.

B737-8001135 ads.gifMD801130 ads.gifBAe146185 ads.gifATR 72-500164 ads.gifATR 42-500350 ads.gifA319-100CJ139 ads.gifAn-26140 ads.gifARJ21-900198 ads.gifBeechcraft 1900C119 ads.gifL-1329 JetStar110 ads.gifDHC-8-Q300150

route_graph_in_air.php?uid=100000260753444

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

KamiKazi wrote: »
    z0mg! Airlines :D

Currently have:
    AS.57 Ambassador x1
    CL-66B x1
    DC-6 x2
    DC-6B x3

Currently flying to Miami, New York, Astana, Moscow, Warsaw, Madrid & Ibiza - all out of Paris.

Worth $699,884 at the moment with a stock price of $0.07 :o

Advice & investors welcome :)
    Focus on short-haul flights (around an hour) with a good number of seats. If you log in a couple of times a day you should see your cash rise quite quickly.

Don't underestimate the importance of advertising.

Work your fuel on logistics:
    - If you're low on fuel and it's at 1600 or 2100, don't buy any fuel until you need it.
    - If you need to run flights and you have no fuel, only buy exactly what you need.
    - When fuel hits $400, spend as much as you can afford on it.

I started on Monday (I think) at 0.07, and bought BAe146's - they're short-haulers with 85 seats. You should be able to make $30k per flight, per plane. Even if fuel is super expensive, you'll only spend $15k on fuel for each flight with these planes.

It can be quite slow to start because your money's only trickling in, but stick at it. I managed to save enough to buy a 737-200 on Wednesday night, which sent my stock through the roof. Now I have four of them (and earning enough to buy at least one more every day) and my stock's at 0.23.

So the pace does pick up quite quickly.

Anyone know why the investment screen only allows you to buy 9999 shares at a time?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭cuterob

my stock is .85 and company value is 8.4 million.. avail airlines.. somebody already took available airlines

Where do you find the map with all your routes on it?

its not allowed anymore

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,437 ✭✭✭✭kippy

KamiKazi wrote: »
    Where do you find the map with all your routes on it?

On your "Flight" page, there is an option at the bottom to "Show Routes" or "Show Map".

kippy wrote: »
    On your "Flight" page, there is an option at the bottom to "Show Routes" or "Show Map".

Wahey
    route_graph_in_air.php?uid=1586801294

Started over with 5x BAe146 and an ATR72-210

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,695 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

What's the best recipe for success for start ups?

Is it sell the 737-800 and buy a fleet of small aircraft or buy a second short/medium plane and get established that way? What are people experiences with the old turbo prop aircraft (DC6 etc?) are they any more problematic than modern aircraft in this game?

it says max 20 flights at a time but some people have big fleets. eg bim has 406 a/c am i missing somthin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭hugoline

drdeadlift wrote: »
    it says max 20 flights at a time but some people have big fleets. eg bim has 406 a/c am i missing somthin

The max 20 flights refers to the amount you can start at the same time.

With the start_all_button.gif button at the bottom of the list you can simultaneously start a maximum of 20 routes
    (instead of hitting 20x start_flight_button.gif at the end of each route.)

AFAIK there is a maximum of 400 routes at the moment (and unlimited amount of a/c)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭CaptainSkidmark

fuel is trough the roof again and im -130,000 in fuel so there is no point in blowing the 300,000 i have on fuel to make a dead loss!

My routes:

Dublin - London 737-100
    Dublin - London ATR 42
    Dublin - Glasgow ATR 72
    Dublin - Manchester 737-100
    Dublin - Amsterdam ATR 42
    Dublin - Paris ATR 42
    Dublin - Berlin ATR 42
    Dublin - Philadelphia L-1049G Super Constellation
    Dublin - Montreal MD-80
    Amsterdam - Frankfurt ATR 42
    Amsterdam - Warsaw ATR 42
    Amsterdam - London ATR 42
    Amsterdam - Manchester ATR 42

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Santa Claus

fuel usually drops to $400/1,000lb right before they go offline for backups at 2300....I usually purchase at least at least a million and it only costs me $400k

Receeding HAirlines are on the up...Saved enough to buy a 340-200 and now after 2 or 3 days I get enough revenue from it to buy another. Got a fleet of 29 with mainly ATR's flying now.

Really have to check your staff each day, found my cleaners were unhappy and mechanics were talking in corners so had to stump up for 2 pay rises (If it was Ryanair, there'd be no corners for staff to talk in :) )

Here's my share price and route map
    graph.php?uID=652796916&x0aCbS=2009-11-13%2018:36:19

route_graph_in_air.php?uid=652796916

• Registered Users Posts: 6,398 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Yep, it seems they go offline at 23:00 each night...I was only about 2 minutes away from kicking off my next flight and it went offline:mad:

I've had enough of buying small aircraft like the ATR and the BAE146, I'm going to hold on to my money and wait until I can but a plane with decent range...something like 4000km at least with a capacity of at least 100pax. Can anyone recommend such a plane given a tight budget (around 2 million)?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

MD80. 6K range for 2.1 million. 130 pax.

I got one last night for WHU airlines. The extra income from it allowed me to add an MD81 tonight.

Share price is doing nicely. Almost doubled now for the early invetors.

route_graph_in_air.php?uid=699477566

Advertisement