Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Facebooks Airline Manager

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Dacian

zAbbo wrote: »
    What's your thoughts on your fleet? What a/c is performing best?

The B787's are pulling in $1.7m per flight (17hrs), while the B737's are around €0.5m per flight (12hrs)

I think I love my 7 A342s. Cheap as chips compared to the A333/A346/A359/B787/B747/B777. They are netting me at least 800K per flight. Some flights have got $1.3M. 14800KM range for under $16M is great. Am trying to keep them on >14000KM routes.

I think the A321 is a good earner, 220 seats at 6000KM. A drawback is the $8M+ price. I think having more B737-7s is a better makeup.

Looking at am.noob.uk: The A321 shows a 20% return on investment per day, B737-7 shows 31%. But the winner must be the ATR42 with a possible 200% return on investment!!

Decided to try out the B787-8 instead of getting my 8th A342. First flight was Melbourne-Minneapolis. $1.3M with 77% load factor. B787-3 seems a bit mad, an extra 80 seats with far less range for $9M more!

9999 shares bought in WHU Airlines.

Am playing 2 weeks. Howver did cheat at the start and pay for $20M ingame money. So knock off 2-3 of my A342 to counteract the kickstart I gave myself. Don't fret,in a week or two you will start to see your revenue snowball. Look at Griffair, a huge fleet of ATRs, cheap planes, nice range, lots of routes, lots of income. A good example to follow. You can buy 16 ATR 72-500 for the price of 1 A321. (500K vs 8.1M)

How do you post your route maps?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,043 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Dacian wrote: »

Under the Flight menu, click Show Map. When the map appears, right click and save the image, then upload to an image host (photobucket etc) or attach it as an attachment to a post

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭pm.

I think I love my 7 A342s. Cheap as chips compared to the A333/A346/A359/B787/B747/B777. They are netting me at least 800K per flight. Some flights have got $1.3M. 14800KM range for under $16M is great. Am trying to keep them on >14000KM routes.

I think the A321 is a good earner, 220 seats at 6000KM. A drawback is the $8M+ price. I think having more B737-7s is a better makeup.

Looking at am.noob.uk: The A321 shows a 20% return on investment per day, B737-7 shows 31%. But the winner must be the ATR42 with a possible 200% return on investment!!

Decided to try out the B787-8 instead of getting my 8th A342. First flight was Melbourne-Minneapolis. $1.3M with 77% load factor. B787-3 seems a bit mad, an extra 80 seats with far less range for $9M more!

Am playing 2 weeks. Howver did cheat at the start and pay for $20M ingame money. So knock off 2-3 of my A342 to counteract the kickstart I gave myself. Don't fret,in a week or two you will start to see your revenue snowball. Look at Griffair, a huge fleet of ATRs, cheap planes, nice range, lots of routes, lots of income. A good example to follow. You can buy 16 ATR 72-500 for the price of 1 A321. (500K vs 8.1M)

Some very valid points, but i will disagree with the ATR unless you have time on your hands to manage the short haul flights they dont make sense.
    updated fleet below

A/C Type In Fleet
    B737-800 x3
    B787-8 x1
    B757-300 x2
    A340-200 x1
    B737-700 x1
    B737-700ER x2
    A319-100CJ x7
    B767-200 x3

• Registered Users Posts: 6,399 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

ah, you see that's where you went wrong ;)

donmeister wrote: »
    Did most of ye actually pay money for extra funds in this or just by starting at 1mil? I'm struggling :pac:

I'm just going to give it time and will see what happens, I'm not going to pay for money, hell no, seriously, imagine actually paying for imaginary money for an imaginary game in recessionary times like these:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

I'm just going to give it time and will see what happens, I'm not going to pay for money, hell no, seriously, imagine actually paying for imaginary money for an imaginary game in recessionary times like these:eek:

I know, I'm the same way myself, ain't got no money for a imaginary game! Just wondering how almost everyone here has an unbelievable fleet of aircraft!
    Am playing 2 weeks. Howver did cheat at the start and pay for $20M ingame money.

I lol'd as he thanked the above post. The ironing is delicious :D

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Alzar

Likewise...started off with default kit. Now have 1 x MD80, 1 x B737-800 & 1 x A310-100CJ.
    1.7mil in the bank, Company valued at 1.7mil & 1.7mil pounds of fuel.

It passes the time....

Al.

donmeister wrote: »
    I lol'd as he thanked the above post. The ironing is delicious :D
    Waste of actual cash on my part. No need to spend EUR12 to get $20M ingame money.

ah feck, bloody bird strike costing me $70,000!!

And what's the story with the fuel costs...$2,100!! Madness! Are they factoring in the Irish tax on it per litre or something:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

I'm a bit screwed on fuel myself 59000lbs remaining only and price is extortionate today...feck it. Fleet may be moth-balled after next flight until oil crisis passes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭wayne2107

Griffair has announced today that the company is to drop 75% of its routes. The company has blamed high competition in the short haul market and rising fuel prices. It is thought the company will sell off all its ATR type aircraft and concentrate on long haul routes.

wayne2107 wrote: »
    Griffair has announced today that the company is to drop 75% of its routes. .................. It is thought the company will sell off all its ATR type aircraft and concentrate on long haul routes.
    Thats a lot of a/c to convert. 100 plus right?

What you looking at buying? Narrow or widebody.
    I recommend the B737-700. Airbus are a bit pricey. Must be a US designed game!!
    My 2 B787-8 and my 8 A342 are making me nice money.

Yea its a lot of converting. Were going to go with boeing on our future aircraft. The 757, 737-900 and the.... 747-400 will play a major part in our plans. Your right about the airbus, one expensive bird! Hows the A342 going for you? I also see that Kippy has 2 x A380,s.. feedback please!!!

P.S. Ive a nice few cheap ATR,s if you fancy any!

I love the A342s. $15.5M to buy. 14800 range. I make sure to fly mine at least 14K. I'm getting at least $800K profit from each flight, some of them are up to $1.4. 15 flights and they have paid for themselves. Just seems to do well. Can't see a A332/A346 getting me any better return on my investment. And they suit my inability to log regularly through the day,no outside net at work.

The B787-8 is $4M more, for that you get a bit more range and more seats.

I had been thinking to start with the cheaper B757/B767 option but am glad I saved a bit more to start buying the A342.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭rubensni

Fuel has dropped from $2,100 to $1,300. Still not cheap though. Maybe they have some additional info?
    208ikn9.jpg

rubensni wrote: »
    Fuel has dropped from $2,100 to $1,300. Still not cheap though. Maybe they have some additional info?
    208ikn9.jpg

back up at $2,100 now! Crazy prices! I'm beginning to see how Michael O'Leary has such a short fuse:)
    I had to fork out some cash just to get two of my planes off the ground, now my fuel reserves are 950lb in the tank...not going far at the moment.

back up at $2,100 now! Crazy prices! I'm beginning to see how Michael O'Leary has such a short fuse:)
    I had to fork out some cash just to get two of my planes off the ground, now my fuel reserves are 950lb in the tank...not going far at the moment.
    I think better to ground them until fuel drops to $800 or less. No point paying over $1500 just to fly a route. Its not as if you have bills coming in unless you are flying aircraft.

Am looking at my tanks down to 40% of what they were 2 days ago. Those B787/A342 are thirsty buggers. Am very glad I splashed out on 8M lbs about 4 days ago,

I think better to ground them until fuel drops to $800 or less. No point paying over $1500 just to fly a route. Its not as if you have bills coming in unless you are flying aircraft.

too late, I've just forked out for a 9 hour flight and a 2.5 hour flight, I just can't bear to see my birds standing still :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭CaptainSkidmark

Air Mallow is in trouble!

we are -25k lbs of fuel and its standing at $2100 per 1000lbs.

i have 4 aircraft in the air at the mo, the Constellation is still 4 hours away but i have a flight on finals from paris!

What am i going to tell the staff when they land?????

All Aircraft grounded until the arabs drop the price of fuel!

The fuel situation is getting crazy, we have sold 100 planes mainly because of the price of fuel.

Our updated fleet list is:
    MD80 x 4
    B757-300 x 12
    B737-100 x 4
    B737-900 x 2
    A319-100CJ x 1
    DC-10-10 x 3
    ATR 42-300 x 1
    ATR 72-210 x 1

Fleet down from 128 aircraft to 28.

You can notice that our ATR,s are nearly gone, we have also sold our BAE146 type aircraft, and dropped a few other planes here and there.

Good news is we have added some more 757,s and the DC10 comes in to our long haul fleet.

Our shares have took a bit of knock through this change, but we are only half way there. Lots more new long haul routes coming very shortly.

• Advertisement

fuel back down to $1300, I've had to make the executive decision and buy some...just to keep the planes going...I was so low the dirt was being dragged into the lines from the bottom of the tanks:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭prunudo

I see fuel is down to €400 now, 1m lbs on the way i think

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭murfie

no way! its down for maintenance. How are you seeing $400 fuel?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭prunudo

No way, I bought only a few minutes ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

I bought 4,000,000lb at 400 per 1k 2 mins before it went off, it seems to do this a lot, goes right down just before 11pm when it goes offline

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭murfie

ah, i was on there. all i had to do was refresh. Last i saw it was 1300, must have dropped to 400 just for a moment so. I will watch for it when it comes back online

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭CaptainSkidmark

fuel 400!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fuel 400!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Dammit.....back up to 1600!
    Been trying to check it all night hoping it would drop

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Any1 seen the 747-400D, takes a whopping 568 peeps but only has a range of 2,905kms!! :eek::eek: $80mill too :eek::eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

too late, I've just forked out for a 9 hour flight and a 2.5 hour flight, I just can't bear to see my birds standing still :(

Dude, I am a very unhappy investor in your airline. Passage West Air stock is doing awful. The graph is heading downward. Get the finger out and fly those planes or there will be a hostile takeover :D

Whats this about "it" going offline? Is Airline Manager only available at certain times or am I reading that completely wrong?

p.s. fuel 400 now...WHU Air tanks are now overflowing.

Advertisement