Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where are you getting MW2?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Henrik_is_God

Musoabuso wrote: »
    xtra vision anyone? How much?

I think some one said 60 ...........:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Jaybl

Someone said to me that the the hardened edition might cost 90 euros in xtravision. Surely that cant be right.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Jaybl wrote: »
    Someone said to me that the the hardened edition might cost 90 euros in xtravision. Surely that cant be right.
    Heard the same from someone who pre-ordered in gametop. Think it was Marko93. He was giving out about no midnight launch in Blancardstown and the price...

Jackobyte wrote: »
    Heard the same from someone who pre-ordered in gametop. Think it was Marko93. He was giving out about no midnight launch in Blancardstown and the price...
    If thats the case im asking for the normal edition because thats just taking the piss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 meilrichardquin

Some hmv's are opening midnight (I know Drogheda is) €52.99 but you can u can get it for €10.99 when u trade in uncharted 2, forza motorsport 3 or tekken 6. Think there's 2 more titles for that u can trade 2 but forget them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Jackobyte wrote: »
    Found Marko93's posts.
    Marko93 wrote:
    90 quid for the Hardened edition and no midnight launch in Blanch -_- wtf!
    Marko93 wrote:
    Hey! i feel like a twat now they told me like 2 weeks ago yeah 70 quid and midnight launch blah blah and now i have to wait and pay more -_- those mother f**kers. I think IW f**ked me over :L
    They are both on the last page of the COD:MW2 Prestige Edition thread in the Playstation Forum

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Paddy_B

Harvey Norman Dundalk for just under 38euro, and whatever change I get. Great deal and glad I didn't prebook it somewhere else before i heard of it!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

I can confirm Xtravision will be selling it for 60euro...

I pre-booked my copy in GAME earlier for the mid night launch, due to the fact I hate xtravision and there trade in values are a joke...

Won't be getting the price in GAME untill tomorrow, I may ring them early to see the price and if it 70euro or something I will get elsewhere...

Will they give out anything at the midnight launch? Hardly?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Just got it delivered from sendit.com :D

MW2.jpg

CC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭Xluna

HMV considering they're 7-12 Euro cheaper than most places.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭micks

I can confirm Xtravision will be selling it for 60euro...

I pre-booked my copy in GAME earlier for the mid night launch, due to the fact I hate xtravision and there trade in values are a joke...

Won't be getting the price in GAME untill tomorrow, I may ring them early to see the price and if it 70euro or something I will get elsewhere...

Will they give out anything at the midnight launch? Hardly?
    Just back from xtra V spoke to manager of local shop who confirmed they'll refund deposit if price is highe than €50 he reckons it'll be €45 and will be confirmed tonight at 2200
    He told me they matched Tesco for FIFA and PES2010 ? and expects them to do the same again

• Registered Users Posts: 4,613 ✭✭✭milltown

Has anyone heard prices for the PS3 standard edition from Smyths or Game?

I have it pre-ordered in Game but I don't see there being a shortage (apart from Harvey Normans which is miles away from me) so if they're taking the piss I'll just head for Smyths if they're opening tonight, or Tesco.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

Hopefully getting in Tesco tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭allen175

anyone not pre-ordered and heading to gamestop in clarehall tonight??

• Registered Users Posts: 17,423 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Since the websites have already sent out the games (they're not supposed to post until today) therefore the embargo has broken and the shops should be able to sell it out?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

Berkut wrote: »
    Since the websites have already sent out the games (they're not supposed to post until today) therefore the embargo has broken and the shops should be able to sell it out?

Try telling that to a hairy bloke in Tesco.

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

I think the view is taken that anyone who has ordered off a website has already confirmed their purchase with that site and the bricks and mortar stores were not getting that sale anyway. It's a bit different than for example game starting to sell it a day early and gamestop / xtravision and smyths etc would be losing sales from it. So it's very unlikely anyone will break the release date based on website delivering early as they will be held responsible for the initial on the street breaking of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭niallk

CombatCow wrote: »
    Just got it delivered from sendit.com :D

MW2.jpg

CC
    Please don't play it until midnight:o

• Registered Users Posts: 17,423 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

niallk wrote: »
    Please don't play it until midnight:o

do us a favour...take it down to your game stop and tell them your mate jsut got his in x-tra vision :D

bingo..embargo broken and they blame each other :p

Berkut wrote: »
    do us a favour...take it down to your game stop and tell them your mate jsut got his in x-tra vision :D

bingo..embargo broken and they blame each other :p
    ^^^THIS^^^

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Liathroidi Dana

Was planning on pulling a sickie tomorrow.

By luck I'm actually sick today, probably gonna be tomorrow aswell.

YES!!

Getting it in Gamestop, already pre-ordered the Hardened Edition. Dunno I can make the Midnight though.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭micks

Was planning on pulling a sickie tomorrow.

By luck I'm actually sick today, probably gonna be tomorrow aswell.
    You lucky bastard

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Hehe thats not a bad idea actually. Would it make you feel any better if I told you it's fugging amazing :D :pac:

CC

• Registered Users Posts: 4,613 ✭✭✭milltown

Called into Game. They don't know the price yet! Guy reckons on €50 though. Roll on midnight!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭allen175

i can confirm that gamestop are selling the PC version for €45. for anyone who is going to buy the PC version

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

Jaysus can't believe the release is FINALLY here!!

Have no idea where I'm gonna get it tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Henrik_is_God

jtsuited wrote: »
    Jaysus can't believe the release is FINALLY here!!

Have no idea where I'm gonna get it tonight.

7 and a half hours away !!!! :mad:

I cant keep my eye of the clock :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

What's the deal with Tesco's and midnight releases, will everyone just be waiting at the games section for some poor soul to put them out on the shelf and wait for bedlam to occur, or will they have a queue at the customer service desk?

Advertisement