Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin 15 Off-Topic thread.

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭chucknorris

Arciphel wrote: »
    We'll both have our opinions then Chuck! Do you work in Symantec by any chance? LOL. There's nothing worse than these kind of try-hards who would love something to go "viral" for a bit of oul free publicity. In my opinion.

Yes I work there. 1700 hits in 12 hours. Not bad :)

Gaspode, don't fight the MEME trend - embrace it :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Tsk tsk Chuck, isn't there some rule on boards about posting stuff about a company when you work for that company? You'll have David McGuinness dancing Gangam Style for a few votes next....

Arciphel wrote: »
    Tsk tsk Chuck, isn't there some rule on boards about posting stuff about a company when you work for that company? You'll have David McGuinness dancing Gangam Style for a few votes next....

Now that's an idea!!!

I think the rule on a company is where i'm trying to recommend them over another, but posting a MeMe trend - nah, just a bit of craic!

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,280 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I think the rule on a company is where i'm trying to recommend them over another, but posting a MeMe trend - nah, just a bit of craic!

Although when it's a particularly crap meme I think I'm allowed change the rules...

Zaph wrote: »
    Although when it's a particularly crap meme I think I'm allowed change the rules...

Well at least referring to something as 'Crap' is allowed ;)

Did you like the Corduff Football Club one?

-> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-QIrRLAoKQ&sns=em

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,280 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Honestly? No, I thought it was crap. But if it makes you feel any better, I think they're all crap. It's the most pointless meme ever and the music makes me want to throw my speakers at the wall every time I hear it. It irritates me so much that I'd nearly prefer that bloody Gangnam Style sh*te rather than have to listen to it again.

I guess this means that like Gaspode, I'm officially old. :)

Zaph wrote: »
    Honestly? No, I thought it was crap. But if it makes you feel any better, I think they're all crap. It's the most pointless meme ever and the music makes me want to throw my speakers at the wall every time I hear it. It irritates me so much that I'd nearly prefer that bloody Gangnam Style sh*te rather than have to listen to it again.

I guess this means that like Gaspode, I'm officially old. :)

Go on, go on, go on - throw the speakers :-)

Just a warning, we're making another this afternoon for all the younger teams ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,008 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Can we put a preemptive ban on Chuck so he cant post it here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

There's a dedicated Harlem Shake thread in Cool Vids forum....

Gaspode wrote: »
    Can we put a preemptive ban on Chuck so he cant post it here?

Chuck Norris was born before his father.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Yes I work there. 1700 hits in 12 hours. Not bad :)

Gaspode, don't fight the MEME trend - embrace it :-)

Where you there fairy ;)

oblivious wrote: »
    Where you there fairy ;)

I'm afraid I play Tennis on only one side of the court. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Murt10

As the Americans gave us shopping malls in the first place, it's interesting to see what's happening to them over there.

No new malls built since 2006.

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/temples-american-commerce-indoor-malls-lose-shoppers-e-stores/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,930 ✭✭✭dodzy

Murt10 wrote: »
    As the Americans gave us shopping malls in the first place, it's interesting to see what's happening to them over there.

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/temples-american-commerce-indoor-malls-lose-shoppers-e-stores/

Looking at the lunacy in and around blanch centre over recent days, I don't think any of the tenants need worry any time soon.

I want to buy things but I just cannot deal with the madness at this time of year. I'll wait until January.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,008 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

History & fate of shopping malls is not really a D15 topic to be honest - I'll move this to our off-topic thread

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Murt10 wrote: »

I am obsessed with dead malls!
    http://deadmalls.com/

No fear of the towncentre. But jebus the Irish Life mall in town is RIP I am afraid.

Who else likes dead malls/history of shopping centres etc?!

Irish Life mall never really got going at all, it's felt dead since it was born!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

I believe the first out of town shopping centre was Stillorgan???

And on another note I remember the excitement hearing about the first drive thru McDonalds when it came to Dublin. Was it Stillorgan as well???????

Irish Life mall never really got going at all, it's felt dead since it was born!

http://www.virtual-shopfronts.com/news/irish-life-shopping-mall-is-no-more/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

amdublin wrote: »
    And on another note I remember the excitement hearing about the first drive thru McDonalds when it came to Dublin. Was it Stillorgan as well???????

Nutgrove?

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Nutgrove?

Yes!

Still some agriculture left in Dublin 15.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭HPT

Still some agriculture left in Dublin 15.

Near Castleknock College? :)

Between Dunsink Observatory and the River Road. There's been cattle on the land for years, they were gone for a little while when the new owner was NAMA'ed, but now they're back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Around Tyrrelstown and Hollystown there's still land being sown and reaped, as well as cattle being kept. You'll meet tractors and all sorts on the roads around the area.

Advertisement