Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin 15 Off-Topic thread.

Options
  • 01-11-2009 10:06pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,008 CMod ✭✭✭✭

It's time we had our own off-topic thread on the forum. So if there's anything you want to post that's not strictly D15-related, or any other general chit-chat, post it here.

Dont be shy!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,008 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Ladies and Gentlemen of the forum,

As today is the 1st of Movember the time for mo growing has just kicked off.

Give support in any way you can, kind word on the moards forum to cheer on the mo bros and mo sistas of boards.ie, or if you've any money to spare (lucky you) maybe donate it to one of the team members

Spread the word, grow a mo and most importantly spread awareness amongst your friends and family. It could save a life.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Quiet thread is quiet.

*falls asleep*

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

janeybabe wrote: »
    Quiet thread is quiet.

*falls asleep*

*Kicks*

Wake up dammit!

- Drav!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Coffee?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭suey71

Oh alrighty then. My dog, an English Bulldog, poohs and wee's in the kitchen sometimes:eek:. So tonight I let him out to go to the toilet and he does a beeline for the water bowl, drinks most of it and runs back into the house.:(:(:(, without weeing. Damn.

He's gett'n old. He's 9 1/3, which is 65.3333331 in dog years but about 85.5466673 in Bulldog years.

Just thought I'd liven the tread up.:D.

I'll let you's now what happens.

All 4 of you.:P.

• Advertisement

Who woke me up? :mad: :D

Good thing too, or else suey71's dog would have peed on me.

And now for bed for realsies.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,008 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Jeez, you take one early night and everything happens when you're in bed!

suey71 wrote: »
    Oh alrighty then. My dog, an English Bulldog, poohs and wee's in the kitchen sometimes:eek:. So tonight I let him out to go to the toilet and he does a beeline for the water bowl, drinks most of it and runs back into the house.:(:(:(, without weeing. Damn.

All 4 of you.:P.

Too cold last night for peeing outdoors. I wouldnt have done it either.

Good morning.

All is dry in the Suey household.

Yep too cold last night for peeing, clever dog.

But now its raining, perfect conditions.

Good morning.

All is dry in the Suey household.

Yep too cold last night for peeing, clever dog.

But now its raining, perfect conditions.

Aww, thanks!

• Advertisement

Oh hehe, just gettin it now.

Down Gaspode, down.:D.

suey71 it happens when pets get old, had the same thing with our cat which we had to put to sleep this week.

Get a replacement yet? Probably not a good time of the year to be getting one, wait till after Christmas and the DSPCA will have loads for adoption.

Now that I mention it, we're off to see Santa in the DSPCA in Rathfarnham next week. Was good out there last year, but we wanted to adopt everything, and we were lucky to get away without bring home a donkey!

It;s not been a week yet so no we havent got a replacement, it's too soon.
    We might think about it by spring.

Sorry to hear about your cat Thaedydal.

But our dog just wee's and poo's if he doesn't get what he wants or sometimes he couldn't be bothered to go outside(too cold or something).

I don't think I'd get another dog until the kids grow up, in about 20 years, and then I'd get a small one and have him neutured.

We have 3 kids from 7 down and another due in Feb. so we cant give him the attention that he needs. Its kind of sad because before the kids came along we treated him like a child.

Sorry to hear about your cat Thaedydal.

But our dog just wee's and poo's if he doesn't get what he wants or sometimes he couldn't be bothered to go outside(too cold or something).

I don't think I'd get another dog until the kids grow up, in about 20 years, and then I'd get a small one and have him neutured.

We have 3 kids from 7 down and another due in Feb. so we cant give him the attention that he needs. Its kind of sad because before the kids came along we treated him like a child.

Bad news suey, the kids never grow up! ;)

It's snowing!

Oh my God! I bet it will stop tomorrow when I arrive in D15. Boo!

Damn, I missed it. Just wet & cold here. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Looks like I missed it too :(

• Advertisement

Hands up who thinks Thaed was lying. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

No, it just did not stick!

I remember last February with the Snow. Took bloody ages to get to the bus stop, quite entertaining :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

getting to the coolmine station was a right pain as well...

- Drav!

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭JoePie

I hope it stops snowing forever. I have enough trouble trying to get to college in the cold, let alone the snow.

lollers

Oh it stuck, nearly an inch of it, kids were hopping up and down like loons.

Saw the snow when I woke this morning :D:D

Not enough yet, we need another good 6-8 inches to make it any fun!
    I told my daughter this morning that if it keeps snowing she could take most of next week off. Her joy was short-lived when she remembered she's off from tuesday anyway.

Gaspode:

Yer so mean >=]

... loving it!

• Advertisement

It's all gone now :(:(

Advertisement