Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin 15 Off-Topic thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

It's currently trying to snow

*claps, brings the washing in*

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,008 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Gaspode:

Yer so mean >=]

... loving it!

There have to be some perks associated with this parenting lark.
    She's young enough yet to fall for that stuff, so I'm making the most of it

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,008 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

I believe the traffic around Navan road/Auburn Ave is crap at the mo. As soon as there's a tiny bit of bad weather it all seems to go to pot.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

The snow wasn't a lie! \o/

I was on the Naas road earlier and as soon as Christmas FM played Let It Snow it started snowing! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭littlebitdull

yay ... no work for a week. so no driving out into that trafic for a week... la la la !! Happy day.

• Advertisement

Yay, no work 'til Jan 4th!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Bloody dangerous conditions out there :eek:

Back to work on the 29th :(

Are the roads really bad? I think the roads in Cork are finally starting to thaw but I have to drive to Clonsilla tomorrow and I'm worried. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

The last two days were bad but the main roads how have enough traffic on them that they are thawing but lesser traveled roads like those in the warrens of estates were treacherous the last while.

Probably just the estates alright. Bright & sunny now though so that should shift some of the ice.

• Advertisement

Thanks Thaed. :) The weather has been mad, hasn't it? At least a lot of people were able to stay at home the last few days.

Good grief, I'd hate to live anywhere near the centre, and have to deal with that traffic all the time. I wasnt even going to the centre, just dropping my wife off at her mates in Lohunda but had to drive through it. We'd have got to Cork quicker!

I live fairly close but that means we tend to walk to it and tend to be driving in the oppsite direction from traffic heading to the centre. The biggest annoyance is the time it adds on to bus journies, I'd sooner walk the 15 mins to the stop outside of the centre then the one 3 mins from the house and then have it take 40 mis for the bus to get in and out of the shopping centre, the village is almost as bad, the sooner the sort out the bus routes the better.

I'm normally a calm person, but traffic just does my head in. Thankfully I get to walk to work every day, or I'd have had a breakdown by now, probably taking out a few others with me!

Spotted this story today, ideal excuse for anyonw who is about to start on their (annual) weight loss programme!

Anyone know the number of the MMA club in the Corduff Resource centre?
    Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

I am officially a resident of Dublin 15 again :D

I am officially a resident of Dublin 15 again :D

Welcome back!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭suey71

Don't you just love April:D.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭LadyW

I'm new and I prefer May :)

• Advertisement

I'm an August man myself......
    Welcome!

Thanks Gaspode

May is nice and all but April is just after the winter and its just like a gift. Its not too hot, not too cold, no flies yet, more inportantly, no spiders in the garden.

The local kids are starting to go out to play.

And for some reason the last few Aprils have been the sunniest months of the year.

Plus, my birthday is in April:D.

Admit it, the birthday is the only reason....

Yup:).

The Big 4 0.:o.

I feel your pain... The big 4-0 came for me 2 years ago... think I'm still trying to come to terms with the fact that I'm not 25 anymore, even if I
    still feel like it (and probably act like like it sometimes too) :eek:

Gosh it must to be terrible to be getting so old :P
    Still happy birthday :D

At least I can tell my kids no I am not ancient there are people older then me on the internet :)

Oh you young people :rolleyes:

Sure you're only pups the lot of ye!

• Advertisement

I was starting to feel my age lately so I joined a gym and now feel 30 again. I'm trying to get my wife to join so I can feel, ahem, 30 again.:D.

Advertisement