Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mad Max: Fury Road

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Buona Fortuna

ardinn wrote: »
    Just watched the trailer for the new Mad Max movie - it looks f*cking mental!!

I have never seen a mad max film!!

Recommended?

Funny I'd never seen a MadMax film - bought the trilogy for £8. Its total Donkey. Crap dialogue, predictable story, passable action. I was also surprised at how Homo-erotic it was given Gibson's past utterances.

Went to the charity shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

MOD: I've moved this to the Film forum. Please note the different forum charter here.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

I like how there's a sad face beside the thread title despite most people here now really looking forward to the film :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Adamantium

I've been strung along by Mad Max-like trailers before, these 2 are still some of the best trailers I've ever seen for a film. I couldn't have been more anxious to see what was to become of a future world. Still hurts, lol

Never forget.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Simon2015

DVD-Lots wrote: »

Does Mel Gibson have a cameo in this one ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭rockatansky

Simon2015 wrote: »
    Does Mel Gibson have a cameo in this one ?

Nope, no Mel. Think that ship sailed with his drunken sectarian rant.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Simon2015

Nope, no Mel. Think that ship sailed with his drunken sectarian rant.

He deserves a second chance we have all done stupid things when we were drunk.

Simon2015 wrote: »
    He deserves a second chance we have all done stupid things when we were drunk.

Yeah tell it to the folks in Hollywood, I personally would love nothing better than to see Gibson behind the wheel of a Pursuit Special again!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

For anyone who still reads magazines, the latest Starburst is a Mad Max special. Lots of great stuff in it including a nice retrospective of the films.

Really looking forward to the film, not long to go now!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Tremendously excited for this & hope the final product is as bonkers and unrelenting as the trailers suggest. The promotional material is beginning to get a little much so might just take a break from watching it.

On a related side-note: is there any sign that a re-release of the original trilogy might find their way on Blu-Ray? I know there's already a boxset, but apparently it's a lazy boxing of the individual discs, with no consistent transfer and little in the way of extras.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

I hope Hugh Keys-Byrne has a big part in this movie, great for all us hardcore fans of of the first one!

Yep,he was a great villian as The Toecutter in the first one.Playing a totally different character here though,I think unless they reveal during the movie that Toecutter survived and it is him.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

A final trailer is out and props to whoever has been editing them: while there's yet more footage in this trailer (including a partial scene), I'm still broadly unsure what the heck the plot of this is. It's mostly just road carnage, so maybe that's really all there is! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,911 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Saw the new trailer before 'The Avengers' last night and it still looks as dumb as a box of frogs.

It really looks like they've just taken the Mad Max car chases and turned it up to 11.

pixelburp wrote: »
    A final trailer is out and props to whoever has been editing them: while there's yet more footage in this trailer (including a partial scene), I'm still broadly unsure what the heck the plot of this is. It's mostly just road carnage, so maybe that's really all there is! :D

Slightly disappointed to here Charlize Theron speak with a strong American accent. For a fan of the originals it will take away from it if most of the actors don't speak Aussie English!

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Deisler

Mad Max 1 & 2 double bill in Cineworld Dublin 13th May @ 7.30pm!!

Deisler wrote: »
    Mad Max 1 & 2 double bill in Cineworld Dublin 13th May @ 7.30pm!!

Booked tickets for that, should be fun, though disappointing Thunderdome isn't being screened. It ain't that bad!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

Booked tickets for that, should be fun, though disappointing Thunderdome isn't being screened. It ain't that bad!

It really is!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,959 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Behind-the-scenes featurette:

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭OldeCinemaSoz

The trailers look a bit color naff. Let's hope they put a bit more colour
    into the final film. Particularly with that tight little buggy wearing all
    the spikey trademark's of the cars that ate paris.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭PressRun

I don't really have any idea what the plot is supposed to be from the trailers, all I know is that it looks bloody mental and I want to see it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭RedemptionZ

I would assume it involves Max accompanying Theron's character delivering a payload of sorts and then escape whatever gang is following them. I'd guess it will be more style than substance but I'm optimistic.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

The trailers look a bit color naff. Let's hope they put a bit more colour
    into the final film. Particularly with that tight little buggy wearing all
    the spikey trademark's of the cars that ate paris.

Its the Australian outback, everything is just red and orange.

I would assume it involves Max accompanying Theron's character delivering a payload of sorts and then escape whatever gang is following them. I'd guess it will be more style than substance but I'm optimistic.

I've been avoiding the trailers since the first one but I assumed that Theron's character was transporting the woman we see in the trailer and as such I imagine that they'll team up with Max at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,365 ✭✭✭MfMan

Looks all CGI. Expect it to be rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

MfMan wrote: »

I definitely have more hope for this than the new Terminator movie. Christ that looks bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,911 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

MfMan wrote: »

All I can see is a robot arm.

A fückin robot arm.

A robot arm! The world is gone to hell and she has a robot arm!!!

W

T

F

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Frank O. Pinion

Faith+1 wrote: »
    It really is!
    Guys, can't we just get...beyond Thunderdome?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭fluke

Guys, can't we just get...beyond Thunderdome?

Guys...Thunderdome... is 30 miles back that way ha ha

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Adamantium

This is man is the definition of a "sound guy", and is the nicest filmmaker I have ever seen interviewed. No spoilers for Fury Road in here.

Advertisement