Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mad Max: Fury Road

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Arkaron

Looks like an insane experience! Will defo be there opening weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

It's just footage from the 2 existing trailers put together, nothing new.

Really looking forward to this film though.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,059 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Getting it's world premiere Cannes

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭DVD-Lots

Full Trailer up today.....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Looks fecking mental! Can't wait

• Advertisement

Looks good but hope that there is still a lot of touch up to do. There are still some VERY dodgy flame effects

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

What age rating will this be? At least 15s anyway right?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mackman

looks like absolute carnage. (good thing) I hope there is a decent story in the middle somewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Just watched the trailer for the new Mad Max movie - it looks f*cking mental!!

I have never seen a mad max film!!

Recommended?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,671 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

I recommend the original trilogy.

Re-makes are almost certain to be shìte in comparison.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭Kevin McCloud

ardinn wrote: »
    Recommended?

Go see it for yourself, go hard or go home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

I recommend the original trilogy.

Re-makes are almost certain to be shìte in comparison.

its not a remake though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭rockatansky

Personally the first one is my favourite. Great cars and even better characters!

The second is very similiar to the new film out in may. Post apocalyptic setting, i can see why many prefer it to the first.

Don't waste your time with the third, awful film.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

I mean the originals!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

I think it looks rubbish but I wasn't a big fan in the first place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭colossus-x

I think it looks rubbish but I wasn't a big fan in the first place.

Yeah I agree and that Tina Turner song really got on my nerves too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭the evasion_kid

colossus-x wrote: »
    Yeah I agree and that Tina Turner song really got on my nerves too.

Who runs barter town....third one was muck

• Registered Users Posts: 25,060 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Links234 wrote: »
    its not a remake though :)

It's pretty much a reimagining of it though.

Gibson didn't even get a cameo. Fcuk that ****

I blame the jews

• Registered Users Posts: 16,365 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

It's pretty much a reimagining of it though.

Gibson didn't even get a cameo. Fcuk that ****

I blame the jews

Oy vey

Glazers Out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Personally the first one is my favourite. Great cars and even better characters!

The second is very similiar to the new film out in may. Post apocalyptic setting, i can see why many prefer it to the first.

Don't waste your time with the third, awful film.

The above are words of great truth.

The new one is rated 18's, so should be good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,911 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

I must be the only person in the world that likes 'Mad Max: Beyond Thunderdome' For me the first film is the worst. Never understood what people saw in it.

As for this new one, it looks dumb, IMHO. If I'm not mistaken, Charlize Theron has a robot arm in it? The world is gone to crap, but she has a robot arm? WTF.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭FluffyAngel

Tony EH wrote: »
    Charlize Theron has a robot arm in it? The world is gone to crap, but she has a robot arm? WTF.

Just think what she could do with that robot arm ....if left alone in a haybarn

Tony EH wrote: »
    I must be the only person in the world that likes 'Mad Max: Beyond Thunderdome' For me the first film is the worst. Never understood what people saw in it.

As for this new one, it looks dumb, IMHO. If I'm not mistaken, Charlize Theron has a robot arm in it? The world is gone to crap, but she has a robot arm? WTF.

Yeah, my order of preference is 2nd, 3rd, 1st. Even if the 3rd was a triumph of style over substance.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

I've never really been able to get into the first one to be honest. The second and third are pretty good though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

I can't wait :)

The first Mad Max was terribly grim to be fair. Far too much misery, rape and brutality for my tastes. Then you add Tina Turner and a thunderdome and suddenly it's fantastic. Can't even remember the third one.

Mel was pretty cool before he became a hardline religious bigot.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,108 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Then you add Tina Turner and a thunderdome and suddenly it's fantastic. Can't even remember the third one.

Thunderdome was the third one.

I can't wait for this, the tone and setting just pushes all kinds of buttons for me. Its the original director, so hopefully he remembers just what made the originals so unique.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,983 ✭✭✭conorhal

I just watched the trailer, I'm already hard....

Just go to Syria and see it at first hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,983 ✭✭✭conorhal

I can't wait :)

The first Mad Max was terribly grim to be fair. Far too much misery, rape and brutality for my tastes. Then you add Tina Turner and a thunderdome and suddenly it's fantastic. Can't even remember the third one.

Mel was pretty cool before he became a hardline religious bigot.

THe 'recieved wisdom' is that one is the best for the simple reason that few people saw it and it's 'serious' to the point of dour and thus arty. It's just a sub Sam Peckinpah micro budget exploitation flick, and not a particularly good one. Mad Max 2 unleashes the bonkers and is chock full of memorable characters and facinating world building.
    3 is problematic in that it reaches for a PG audience in an R rated world but it's still highly memorable, how many people still quote 'two men enter, one man leaves!'

The new film looks for all the world like a reimagined mash up of 2 and 3 with Charlize Theron sporting a robot hand in a world where people kill each other for a cup full of petrol, which seems incongruous . I did like the trailer I have to say, and it does suggest the anarchic, comic book sensibility and bonkers energy of Mad Max2, but I've been stung by a well put together trailer before, so I'll remain skeptical, but cautiously hopeful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

I mist go and rewatch 2 and 3 then obviously! Was sure thunderdome was the second one, mind playing tricks on me.

Advertisement