Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mad Max: Fury Road

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Worth noting that principal photography (6 months) has been completed in Namibia; that 'just' leaves the post-production and visual FX work. So a trailer in the early new-year may be a possibility - not bad going for a film in limbo not too long ago.

On top of that, equally worth mentioning the frankly bizarre/hilarious official summary for this movie:

"Mad Max is caught up with a group of people fleeing across the Wasteland in a War Rig driven by the Imperator Furiosa. This movie is an account of the Road War which follows. It is based on the Word Burgers of the History Men and eyewitness accounts of those who survived."

Word burgers. Love it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

Looks like Max is back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 865 ✭✭✭FlashD

TheUsual wrote: »
    Looks like Max is back.

...he never left!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 865 ✭✭✭FlashD

New video footage of the vehicles....:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

As long as they have a monkey in it, I'll be happy.

And a crossbow. And a shotgun. And a mechanic with 80's hair.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

http://www.wired.com/geekmom/2013/02/mad-max-trilogy/

The trilogy box set on blu ray at last! No word on the extras yet.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

There any suggestion if Mad Max will have its cast talking with their original Australian accents, or if it'll be the awful American dub?

pixelburp wrote: »
    There any suggestion if Mad Max will have its cast talking with their original Australian accents, or if it'll be the awful American dub?

Jesus, I hope not! I hadn't actually thought of that. What a way to ruin a brilliant film.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

http://www.wired.com/geekmom/2013/02/mad-max-trilogy/

The trilogy box set on blu ray at last! No word on the extras yet.

Hopefully the picture quality will be an improvement on the current blu ray editions of MM and MM2. Extras on both current discs is pretty poor also.

Just wondering if anyone has bought the blu ray box set? I've heard very mixed things about it, mainly because there are practically no extras. I think there's a commentary for the first film and that's about it. Oh, and that awful dubbed American version of the first film is there as an option :pac:

I'm wondering if they will release a better package when Fury Road comes out so maybe I'll hold off until then.

There's precious little news about the next film but in the meantime, these animated comics have been released for anyone into the video game.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/08/14/mad-max-motion-comics-fill-out-the-backstory-of-the-video-game/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

any ideas when the trailer for this will be out ? in other news there will be a mad max video game out next year

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

Warner Bros. has set a release date of May 15, 2015.
    Warner Bros. has dated its fourth “Mad Max” movie, “Fury Road,” for release on May 15, 2015.

The film, which began filming in summer 2012, stars Tom Hardy, Nicholas Hoult and Charlize Theron. George Miller, who directed the previous three installments, returns to helm “Fury Road.”

Warners and Village Roadshow will release the film in 3D.

http://variety.com/2013/film/news/mad-max-fury-road-rages-into-theaters-may-15-2015-1200861963/

Bumping the thread for some reactions to a test screening that took place, that showed a first, rough draft to a select few. As the article itself warns, the opinions can't necessarily be vouched for, but the overall reaction to the screening is pretty positive & encouraging. A trailer for this is long overdue; even a teaser wouldn't be much to ask for:

http://www.slashfilm.com/mad-max-fury-road-test-screening-synopsis/

edit: apparently there are more tepid reactions to the rough-draft out there, naturally enough mind you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Adamantium

From that video
    I just realised that Terminator Salvation was more Mad Max, than T2 wasteland.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 72 ✭✭seamonkey92

Dunno about this..Mel made the old movies. However, Tom Hardy is extremely good at what he does, still think replacing Mel could be a bad idea. Better idea may have been introducing Hardy in the same time as Mad Max..(everyman for him self world) and maybe have Mel as a cameo or something. Don't think it will beat the Road Warrior regardless of what they do!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

pixelburp wrote: »
    Bumping the thread for some reactions to a test screening that took place, that showed a first, rough draft to a select few. As the article itself warns, the opinions can't necessarily be vouched for, but the overall reaction to the screening is pretty positive & encouraging. A trailer for this is long overdue; even a teaser wouldn't be much to ask for:

http://www.slashfilm.com/mad-max-fury-road-test-screening-synopsis/

edit: apparently there are more tepid reactions to the rough-draft out there, naturally enough mind you.

Even if Fury Road is a masterpiece, I really think some people will knock it cause Mel ain't in it or it's not Road warrior, some fan boys will never be pleased.

Finally some official shots have been released, showing both Hardy and Theron in action; it's disappointing to see the palette's going to be that overused, washed-out look but it's still good to see some material. The cars look pretty epic too.

http://www.ew.com/ew/gallery/0,,20483133_20828946,00.html

• Registered Users Posts: 33 atog

looking pretty fresh alright. will it have a PG-13 or R rating does anybody know? i would assume R...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Looking Epic and Tom Hardy looking every inch the part, he could sleepwalk through this role and make it amazing. He's that great a actor. Nicholas Hoult looks a pretty freaky. Anywhere near as brilliant as Mad Max 2/Road warrior we be on for great time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭rockatansky

Very much looking forward to this now. Was sceptical when it was first announced especially without Gibson however the more I see the promo shots of Tom Hardy in the role of Max the more positive I'm becoming about it. I thought Thunderdome was a terrible movie so I'm happy to see it going back towards The Road Warrior. Fingers Crossed!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Yeti Beast

rockatansky vote of confidence is good enough for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,867 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

The game is sounding very promising aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,058 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

A poster for comic-con has also been released: nothing astonishing, but I kinda like the tagline.

http://www.firstshowing.net/2014/first-teaser-poster-for-mad-max-fury-road-finally-coming-in-2015/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

So is this acsequel to the first one, or what is the time line?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭McSasquatch II

Chronologically, I think it's supposed to take place sometime between the first two movies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Strange, is it so they can use the car again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭McSasquatch II

No idea to be honest, but could well be that. Probably more to do with them not wanting to reboot it from scratch, but not wanting an older Max either (sorry Mel, we said "Mad" not "Freak").

Some really great stuff coming out of Comic Con today. The reaction to the trailer is really positive. I cannot wait for this film.

Empire Magazine ‏@empiremagazine

Mad Max: Fury Road looks astonishing. Vehicular mayhem on a scale we've never seen before. It's like the best Top Gear special ever made.

Miller revealed the villain of Fury Road - a grey-haired masked maniac - is played by Hugh Keays-Byrne, who played Toecutter in Mad Max.

Linkk here to some amazing posters plus a description of the trailer.
    http://www.scified.com/site/madmax/sdcc---4-mad-max-fury-road-posters--trailer-description

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭DVD-Lots

Advertisement