Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade and Retro forum beers! (AKA the night of the scandalously drunk retro geeks)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Actually now that you mention it I can host this weekend or next.

Sorry... forgot my password... and had to use my cousins account.

But I have Sunnyside to myself until I can find someone new to move in so happy to host.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,947 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

This weekend isn't good for me, my brothers engagement party is on the saturday but after that is fine since I'll be unemployed. Sarah isn't around this weekend either.

Well let's pencil in the 10th or the 11th for now.

Those dates suit anyone else?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,947 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Fine for me, I'm sure Sera will go as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,543 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

august or September?

• Advertisement

August! I can't plan as far ahead as September, I could be run over by a bus tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Sarah isn't around this weekend either.
    My internet alias is ruined!
    Not around this weekend so decided to do volunteering Saturday morning and have to babysitting Sunday afternoon. Next weekend is grand for me

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

EnterNow wrote: »
    Your right though about the room. Its a nice idea, but who's gonna lug along the Veccie, Virtual Boy, Nuon, boxes of games etc to one of these things.

And I happen to have them all here already.... so the next statement is true...
    Cidermans place should remain the definitive & default beers location. It has everything except a cab. He really needs to move closer to civilization though.

Unfortunately the better half may have something to say, as she feels she has to clear out to give the nerds/geeks (a phrase used, improperly I feel, to describe us) room to play and talk nonsense (her phrasing once again!)

Not sure about this weekend, or the next, I'm thinking closer to the middle/end of August tbh, will report back when permission is given.

We have had some good nights here, the Christmas one was great and I do remember an epic one when there must have been 14 people turning up, brilliant stuff, although the gamesroom floor may not have taken the pressure!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭MrVestek

On a similar thread anybody here heading to The R.A.G.E's SF2 tourny?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Unfortunately the better half may have something to say, as she feels she has to clear out to give the nerds/geeks (a phrase used, improperly I feel, to describe us) room to play and talk nonsense (her phrasing once again!)

Are you really able to hear her from the kitchen when your up in the attic? I'd suggest sound proofing man :D

• Advertisement

Achilles wrote: »

I was going to but with bus fare prices fluctuating so wildly every day I'm not sure how much money to bring so I won't be able to go

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

August 13th isn't a weekend so I'm out
    I'll throw up the banner yoke for it while I'm at it
    531539_464158530270647_1150484054_n.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Are you really able to hear her from the kitchen when your up in the attic? I'd suggest sound proofing man :D

I'd like to be there when you say that to her, I'll have an ice pack and bandages for the aftermath, no other person can make our beloved hobby sound like a waste of time in so few words...... she's formidable.... and scary!
    Luv her though (just in case someone shows her this post!)

A Streetfighter 2 Turbo contest? Either this is on a SNES or they got the wrong graphics for their banner.

I was going to but with bus fare prices fluctuating so wildly every day I'm not sure how much money to bring so I won't be able to go

What is this I don't even?

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I'd like to be there when you say that to her, I'll have an ice pack and bandages for the aftermath, no other person can make our beloved hobby sound like a waste of time in so few words...... she's formidable.... and scary!
    Luv her though (just in case someone shows her this post!)

If your letting her talk over you your doing it all wrong, laugh at her, tell her Coronation Street is starting in ten mins so she better hurry up & get the dishes washed. Then as she runs at you with a breadknife, tell her no your ok you had a sandwich earlier on, whilst doing a Van Damn'esque barrel roll out of her way. Then finally, wink at her & tell her it's Miller Time. She will then forego the washing up & soaps & end up in bed with you, thus you've just given nerds all over the world a new image for her.

What is this I don't even?

Just me being bitter & resentful at RAGE is all. Move along

Just me being bitter & resentful at RAGE is all. Move along

Ahhh sorry, burned out after a day's work. Brain work is good not now.

Anyway yeah I get you now, their constantly taking advantage of people 'ever changing market' pricing.

True... true... They're still decent enough on Dreamcast stuff though so that does me. They also let the odd gem sell for really cheap on Vinyl too so that works for me.

Ahhh sorry, burned out after a day's work. Brain work is good not now.

Anyway yeah I get you now, their constantly taking advantage of people 'ever changing market' pricing.

True... true... They're still decent enough on Dreamcast stuff though so that does me. They also let the odd gem sell for really cheap on Vinyl too so that works for me.

Yeah its their 'reason' for not posting prices online, apparently the prices fluctuate too much. Still, by having off the cuff prices your chances of roasting someone are higher so whatever works for them.

You think your brains fried, I still havn't gotten Johnny Ultimates Fight Club joke yet...maybe ya had to be there?

Sera wrote: »
    My internet alias is ruined!

I don't know... how are you even supposed to pronounce sar-ah?!?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,206 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

You think your brains fried, I still havn't gotten Johnny Ultimates Fight Club joke yet...maybe ya had to be there?

Hint: The first rule of fight club is...

Aaahhh, it's been a looong time since I seen it but yeah...good one :D

No smoking?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,602 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Im having post work pint in the gypsy rose on my own if anyone fancies a spur of the moment A&R beers! (I'm not a weirdo, just waiting on the girlfrend to finish in the gym. forgot me keys! honest!)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,602 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

o1s1n wrote: »
    Im having post work pint in the gypsy rose on my own if anyone fancies a spur of the moment A&R beers! (I'm not a weirdo, just waiting on the girlfrend to finish in the gym. forgot me keys! honest!)

In lieu of being able to post images in my phone -

foreveralone.jpg

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

Hey guys I'd love to pop along to the next beers if yis will have me, I don't really have anything worth bringing along but I do have a set of wheels and could offer one or two punters a lift form the Southside.

If Dino is determined to host the next one I'll do one in September instead.
    I'll try to free my dance card for the 10/11th.
    If he can't I'd be happy to plan something... food, drink, giant Boulder Dash....

Hey guys I'd love to pop along to the next beers if yis will have me, I don't really have anything worth bringing along but I do have a set of wheels and could offer one or two punters a lift form the Southside.
    I might take you up on that, living in Dun Laoghaire myself, you near here?

A Streetfighter 2 Turbo contest? Either this is on a SNES or they got the wrong graphics for their banner.
    It is.

• Advertisement

I'm guessing it's also the PAL version. In that case I'm not definitely not going.

Advertisement