Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade and Retro forum beers! (AKA the night of the scandalously drunk retro geeks)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Im on the last set of levels in Beat the Beat

Bloody great game:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Wait...

Wait wait wait wait wait...

House of The Dead 2 on an LCD TV with a lightgun....... how? HOW?!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,916 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

That looks like the Wii version to me.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,950 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Achilles wrote: »
    Wait...

Wait wait wait wait wait...

House of The Dead 2 on an LCD TV with a lightgun....... how? HOW?!

With the raw power of optimism.... and the Wii.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    With the raw power of optimism.... and the Wii.

Ohh... got my hopes up there for a second!

We're meeting G over there...

WHAT?!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

So, when's the next one of these?
    Whose house haven't we violated yet?
    Will we get persistent no showers like O1s1n along to it?
    Will Pdbhp take a break from being oil boy on Tallafornia long enough to regale us with tales of ramraiding videogame shops in his Micra???? Where is he these days anyhow???

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Will Pdbhp take a break from being oil boy on Tallafornia long enough to regale us with tales of ramraiding videogame shops in his Micra???? Where is he these days anyhow???

I'm following this thread now and really look forward to it... and to meeting everyone.

That is if anybody fancies having an utter retro n00b there both in the forum sense and the collecting sense... :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,543 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

should just hire out a function room somewhere and bring along your favourite stuff and fire away then.

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    should just hire out a function room somewhere and bring along your favourite stuff and fire away then.

That's such a good idea... said function room would need a TV or projector though...

• Registered Users Posts: 34,602 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Will we get persistent no showers like O1s1n along to it??

Hah! I know, I've been awful the last few times. I went to them all from the beginning, missed one and ever since work keeps getting in the way :(

Was considering hosting one myself to make up for it though. Especially now after getting the cab in.

As long as you lot promise not to steal my gold wallpaper :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

You do realize that holding a beers at your gaf would consist of no beers, no games, no gold wallpaper...?

The evening would be a simple congregation in your pantry, discussing fine art, proposed changes to the LBW rule in cricket and how Darius is better than Gradius and Salmonhamburger. All majestically played out to a soothing soundtrack of 'smooth acid jazz' complemented by lightly chilled Pimms and Twiglets. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Pyongyang wrote: »
    You do realize that holding a beers at your gaf would consist of no beers, no games, no gold wallpaper...?

The evening would be a simple congregation in your pantry, discussing fine art, proposed changes to the LBW rule in cricket and how Darius is better than Gradius and Salmonhamburger. All majestically played out to a soothing soundtrack of 'smooth acid jazz' complemented by lightly chilled Pimms and Twiglets. :)

Thats normal till Atavan arrives, he usually bursts in the doors with black bags of coke & an entourage of hookers for everyone. I miss beers

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Achilles wrote: »
    That's such a good idea... said function room would need a TV or projector though...

Well I have multiple TV's and a projector!
    We had some big screen fun over the winter at a Beers with that user made Beat'em up and even some enormo-Boulder Dash for Sparks!

I might have a word with the manager of this establishment for a possible date, although it may be later in the month, if at all.....

Any preferred dates for people, Christina Hendricks covered in maple syrup doesn't count, though would be nice..... if sticky.....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,248 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

o1s1n wrote: »
    Hah! I know, I've been awful the last few times. I went to them all from the beginning, missed one and ever since work keeps getting in the way :(

Was considering hosting one myself to make up for it though. Especially now after getting the cab in.

As long as you lot promise not to steal my gold wallpaper :p

Lol you mentioning wallpaper and a retro beers night made me think of the lickable wallpaper scene in 'Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory'. Must be those pics that surfaced of atavan and retr0 licking inanimate objects. :confused:

ww_040.jpg

Master of the Universe

Smoking jackets will be mandatory.

I'll have the piano tuned and a bit of outside entertainment brought in to play it for the evening.

There's also a huge tennis court right behind my house, so if anyone fancies a game of real life Pong I'm sure that could be arranged.

Well I have multiple TV's and a projector!
    We had some big screen fun over the winter at a Beers with that user made Beat'em up and even some enormo-Boulder Dash for Sparks!

I might have a word with the manager of this establishment for a possible date, although it may be later in the month, if at all.....

Any preferred dates for people, Christina Hendricks covered in maple syrup doesn't count, though would be nice..... if sticky.....

Somebody needs to invite Felicia Day... she's sure to turn up. We can then kidnap her and erm...

Ohhh beers right yeah sorry... As long as it's at the weekend it's all good for me! We wouldn't be able to stay until all hours of the night though that's the only thing...

There's also a huge tennis court right behind my house.

Just keep digging that hole Richie Rich... :pac:

In fairness he's a long way to go to beat you Mountain Lodge Man :D

EnterNow wrote: »

In fairness he's a long way to go to beat you Mountain Lodge Man :D

Oi! Don't be sticking up for Pantrylad now! Don't blame me if you wake up one bright, sunny morning to find your street burnt down because someone opened the curtains in Pantrylads gaf!

Master of the Universe

Don't blame me if you wake up one bright, sunny morning to find your street burnt down because someone opened the curtains in Pantrylads gaf!

That genuinely made me laugh out loud in the middle of an office. Now everyone knows I'm not working. Damn you :p

• Advertisement

That genuinely made me laugh out loud in the middle of an office. Now everyone knows I'm not working. Damn you :p

Either that or you noticed an amusing irregularity in the ANUS [Annual Net Useage Statistics]

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭lizardfudge

Actually now that you mention it I can host this weekend or next.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,950 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Renting a function room is all well and good but who is going to foot the bill? People will be falling over themselves to go and then the day before the excuses pour in. 'Sorry lads, have to restock the pantry', 'Sorry but I'll be busy tonight catching a shiny magicarp', 'Can't go tonight, I've something very important to do tonight, namely cracking 10,000,000 in blouderdash', 'Sorry but the lighthouse cinema is showing an extremely rare print of Hoppenscothies seminal 1950's pretentious wankery film '****, ****, **** to the Floor' tonight and I need an excuse to wear my new Trilby and skinny jeans', 'My doctor said I've to play off the pink bullets for at least a week' and of course Enternow's 'Eh, I never said I was going in the first place?'. Then you're left with 3 people in the function room playing dinorex and empty pockets.

'Sorry but the lighthouse cinema is showing an extremely rare print of Hoppenscothies seminal 1950's pretentious wankery film '****, ****, **** to the Floor' tonight and I need an excuse to wear my new Trilby and skinny jeans'

Lol, a killer blow delivered to all Hipster Beers attendees
    and of course Enternow's 'Eh, I never said I was going in the first place?'. Then you're left with 3 people in the function room playing dinorex and empty pockets.

Plausible deniability man. But in my own defense, the only beers I ever attended was the one I said I'd go to...I made no such commitments to other ones so I in no way can be classified as a no show.

Your right though about the room. Its a nice idea, but who's gonna lug along the Veccie, Virtual Boy, Nuon, boxes of games etc to one of these things.

No, Cidermans place should remain the definitive & default beers location. It has everything except a cab. He really needs to move closer to civilization though.

Face it, your gaf has more gold on it than a rappers knuckle!

Face it, your gaf has more gold on it than a rappers knuckle!

1990s-rapper-90s-wig.-13415-p.jpg

Sorry but the lighthouse cinema is showing an extremely rare print of Hoppenscothies seminal 1950's pretentious wankery film '****, ****, **** to the Floor' tonight.

OLD MAN IN CINEMA!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,864 ✭✭✭Steve X2

I really must make it to one of these retro nights some time. Or have one at my place.
    I'm a bit far out though for most people (Shankill).
    But as long as people don't mind me having Jenkins around at my house or your house etc it should be doable.

EnterNow wrote: »
    No, Cidermans place should remain the definitive & default beers location. It has everything except a cab. He really needs to move closer to civilization though.

He has a table top mame cab he built himself. Alas he is missing one of the most important additions, a CD-i.

• Advertisement

Alas he is missing one of the most important additions, a CD-i.

Precisely why his house should be the default beers location :D

Advertisement