Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Modded/Custom Sticks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Vyze

Got my Plexi aswell today and popped a few red sanwa buttons and balltop into my TE along with my art.Also added an exta Seimitsu spring.I'm well chuffed.

72ce055d59f50476914a1655260044144g.jpg

ed107e37603e62e15ffeef45aca8777a4g.jpg

On a side note, because my plexis were so late i got 2 extra for free: an extended plexi and a normal one. They're up for grabs to any one that wants either for a small price
    doomy did the same thing about giving me free plexis, but I'm holding on to mine. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

Yeah I thought I saw your artwork on his website. How long were you waiting? Just the two months for me.but ya can't compalin with 2 free:)
    Then the complications only begun for me.
    A simple TE mod ended up me requiring a soldering iron and powerdrill!!
    1. one of the screws stripped when i opened it so i had to drill it out.
    2. quick disconnect broke and had to solder back
    Lesson learnt: When poppin of the qd's just stick a flat under and wiggle, forget about that needle nose pliers business

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

On a side note, because my plexis were so late i got 2 extra for free: an extended plexi and a normal one. They're up for grabs to any one that wants either for a small price

Nice job man, looks great. About the spare plexi, is the normal one the same as the one in Vyze's pics (i.e. within the red border) or does it replace the red plastic border?

Also, out of curiosity, did you replace the jlf spring with the seimitsu spring or did you coil both springs together?

Cheers Animax.

The normal plexi is the same as vyze's plexi. The extended plexi is the one that replaces that red bezel (which I couldn't wait to get rid of).The full plexis is the one I opted for.

With the springs I put an LS-32 spring in with the JLF spring . By jasus it's stiff as ...won't finish that sentence.
    I 'm thinking of changing to a happy medium. maybe 2 JLF's or an LS-33 with the JLF.
    Anyone tried either combo?

The normal plexi is the same as vyze's plexi

Is it 6 button or 8 button?

• Advertisement

It's got eight holes for extra pleasue:)

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Vyze

Yeah I thought I saw your artwork on his website. How long were you waiting? Just the two months for me.but ya can't compalin with 2 free:)
    Just over a month I think it was, I was a bit annoyed but the bonus plexis definitely make up for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Got my 6 pink OBSFs today, looking very sweet sitting in my TE atmo

Took the green balltop from my EX2 and put it on my TE so it's a mix of the Sega colours ; pink and green, with some black art

My EX2 has the 6 white butons from my TE in it now and the white balltop on it too

So I have 3 x Red OBSF 30, 3 x Black OBSF 30 and 2 x Dark Hai OBSF 30 if anyone wants to take them off me (for money) :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

3 black? jet black? hmmmmm I might be interested.

Sisko wrote: »
    3 black? jet black? hmmmmm I might be interested.

Redman came thru first, he asked me earlier sorry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Right so finally got my plexis, and I thought long and hard about the artwork, and after weeks of hard work, have decided on the below.

I based it on a SFII machine I once played on in a chipper in Cavan town in the 80's.
    I call it the "Minamalist Chipper Oldschool Stick."
    It took me months to get the look right, but I think you'll all agree it's an absolute work of art. I may add an ashtray and some ciggy burns on it.

Comments welcome :)

21990.jpg

58c46.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

A-Trak wrote: »
    Awesome stick is awesome.

That looks amazing. You must get small ashtray and ciggy burns to complete the look.

For real authenticity, I would suggest for at least two buttons and two directions to not work properly but this may be taking it too far.

Thats excellent man. I've always liked the idea of movelists on sticks. Well implemented!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,980 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Needs a line of 20p coins on there too.

and an old school ashtray - available from arcadeshop.de
    arcade-cigholder.jpg

Ohh and a bunch of absolute travellers hanging around it looking for odds

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

A-trak, if you want an ashtray installed hit me up; I should have my dremel fixed soon.

Or you could always go with this number which I've had my eye on,also available from arcadeshop.de.

Easier to install, just bolt it onto side
    arcade-flipoashtray.jpg

If you need a hand putting the ciggie burns on it give me a shout, it would be my pleasure

popup_image.php?pID=498

Pics of the finalized TE, plexi and all on and parts installed (pink balltop soon and also maybe new art)

dscf0285sz.th.jpg

dscf0286bt.th.jpg

dscf0286bt.th.jpg

And my EX2 with the white sanwa parts

dscf0288.th.jpg

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Orim wrote: »
    For real authenticity, I would suggest for at least two buttons and two directions to not work properly but this may be taking it too far.

In a happy coincidence, due to my cack handed modding, this has already been achieved.
    Nothings too far for the authentic old-skool feel mod IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Te looks good but im not so sure about that hori, lol

• Advertisement

Bush80 wrote: »
    Te looks good but im not so sure about that hori, lol

LOL yeah, the ex2 art printed offset, and it's smudgy

Fine stick, all quality parts

For all you modding folk, I just ambled by Lidel and they're selling a soldering iron for 9.99 and a hot glue gun for 9.99..both look up to the job

Ramza wrote: »
    So I have 3 x Red OBSF 30, 3 x Black OBSF 30 and 2 x Dark Hai OBSF 30 if anyone wants to take them off me (for money) :pac:

Ramza, have you still got those 3 red sanwa's. If so i'll take em of your hands tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭LIFETRAP

I have a T5 regular plexi that has a chip out of the bottom left, if anyone wants it they can have it. I can post a pic if any one's interested. It's not got the start select buttons and only has the last six buttons. Someone might want it for a quick fix or whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

LIFETRAP wrote: »
    I have a T5 regular plexi that has a chip out of the bottom left, if anyone wants it they can have it. I can post a pic if any one's interested. It's not got the start select buttons and only has the last six buttons. Someone might want it for a quick fix or whatever.

http://wp1114205.wp150.webpack.hosteurope.de/wordpress/?page_id=164#HRAP has the T5 Plexi.
    The buttons would probably cost 2.50ea to replace.

PPC wrote: »
    http://wp1114205.wp150.webpack.hosteurope.de/wordpress/?page_id=164#HRAP has the T5 Plexi.
    The buttons would probably cost 2.50ea to replace.

I've already replaced this one and have this one spare, thought it could possibly be of use to someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Option 1 for VSHG:

th_KagamineRin_vshg.png

Option 2:

th_Gungirl_VSHG.jpg

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Option 1 for VSHG:

th_KagamineRin_vshg.png

Option 2:

th_Gungirl_VSHG.jpg

I'd definitely prefer the stock look of the VSHG. But I'd go for Option 2, maybe without the text though.

Here's all mine, just finished the TEs and T5 the other day.

20100628_004.jpg
    20100628_005.jpg
    20100628_006.jpg
    20100628_007.jpg
    20100628_011.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Absolutely love that T5! All looking great, good stuff man. Can't believe you don't come to more events and show those off :pac:

Advertisement