Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Modded/Custom Sticks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Well, I know what I'm looking forward to in a few months' time:
    case1.jpg
    casebut1.jpg
    Fap.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

yeah but that stick'll look ****e once the pcb and all the wires are in. Jaysus I'd hate if my stick was transparent :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

Sisko wrote: »
    yeah but that stick'll look ****e once the pcb and all the wires are in. Jaysus I'd hate if my stick was transparent :pac:

proto3.jpg

Doesn't look too bad, lots more pics here http://shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=237344

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

Ramza wrote: »
    **** octo users

Why make it harder for yourself? :pac:

Got myself an Octo gate the other day after having issues doing ultras with my TE which I've had for 6 months(first ever stick).Must say it didn't agree with me at all.Feels totally alien and i took it out after 2 days...its much easier to do fireballs/ultras( or carry out moves which end in left or right) but feckin harder to hit diagonals(or carry out moves which end in diags)..which is much needed for my DP friendly game.
    Back to Square gate for me

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Birthdays are great. I now have a Madcatz TE with a square gate and one with an octo gate.

Unnecessary presents ftw!

I'll be moding my old one and looking forward to reading this thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭EmSixTeen

Eagerly awaiting my first stick coming in the mail today.. Oh my.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

TE just arrived this afternoon

Now just waiting on my plexi + art

Who'd ya order your plexi off Ramza.
    If its the dude from SRK in England expect a long wait.
    I've been waiting well over a month for mine now. He's got a serious backlog at the mo..although he is sorting me out with a freebie because of it.

New german site up and running to sort out European people ; http://www.arcadeforge.de/

It's great, afaik the guy has not been up and running long but he has a thread on srk with info and testimonials etc. He does Art prints, all plexi sizes (even coloured plexi!), dustwashers, and even has some custom made sticks and cases for sale. Shipping is excellent compared to the $30 or so I would of had to pay from art's hobbies

I got a extended plexi plus art with cuts for 30 with shipping, savage deal imo, compared to higher prices plus longer waiting from other people

He responded very fast via e-mail and said my items would be shipped soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Isnt there another dude from Europe doing them now?. That English fella seems really unreliable.

Edit: This fella http://shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=230852

• Advertisement

Bush80 wrote: »
    Isnt there another dude from Europe doing them now?. That English fella seems really unreliable.

Edit: This fella http://shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=230852

Yeah Bush we posted at same time, when I was writing my post previous you got this in first :P

Yup that's him

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Bush80 wrote: »
    That English fella seems really unreliable.

Me and unky chop chop are waiting 10 weeks for a pair of plexis from the UK lad.

Edit - What's the freebie Chop Chop, and I want part of it!

Custom Dust washers , extra special personalized Plexi with engraving, Nothing for you unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Yup that's him

That's also the guy behind the dual strike pcb, a really good dual modding pcb.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

First ya steal bits out of my spare stick and now more pikery.
    Custom Dust washers , extra special personalized Plexi with engraving, Nothing for you unfortunately

I hope the engraving is "I'm an arséhole."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Liquidus

What's the minimum thickness required for the snap on buttons? I've replaced my madcatz se stick with sanwas a while back and was thinking of using the original parts for a self build. I've made an aluminium box some time ago.

Liquidus wrote: »
    What's the minimum thickness required for the snap on buttons? I've replaced my madcatz se stick with sanwas a while back and was thinking of using the original parts for a self build. I've made an aluminium box some time ago.

I think the info you need is here.

Also, akihabaraShop always has detailed measurements of items

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Snap-ins are for panels 1-5mm thick IIRC. If using on plexi panels, trim the little tabs just below the rim to prevent cracking the plexi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Liquidus

My ebay sega saturn usb d-pad snapped a few months back, could this pcb be used or is a custom pcb like cthulhu a better option?

Liquidus wrote: »
    My ebay sega saturn usb d-pad snapped a few months back, could this pcb be used or is a custom pcb like cthulhu a better option?

Could be salvaged alright, see pcb diagrams here. Probably easier just to go with a cthulhu or something

• Advertisement

The Saturn PCBs seem easy to hack, but I somehow killed one (or think I did).
    It's definitely common-ground though.

Also remember that the layout is weird, and it has no Select/Home buttons.

IMHO a Cthulhu or Dual Strike are easier bets.

I'm really lookin forward to putting together my TE mod. I ordered 6 pink (yes, PINK!) Sanwa snap ins, and my plexi + art is on the way. This should be good :) Only thing left then is a dual mod

Nothing strange about pink, it's what I have in my SE.

At least it's not glittery-seethrough pink like a certain someone.

Nothing strange about pink, it's what I have in my SE.

At least it's not glittery-seethrough pink like a certain someone.

I love the pink buttons, reminds me of the astro city cabs

I'm selling a seimitsu LS-32-01 if anyone is interested. Has square gate, round gate or multigate (the blue one). Will also throw in an arrow dustwasher.

Only selling because it doesn't have octogate. Unfortunately I don't have the wiring harness (cough....because a certain kiki never gave me one with the LS-56 i bought off him....cough......;-)

Alternatively i could throw in 4 sexy cherry microswitches.

15 euro for the stick or 20 euro for stick + switches.

Also, I'm selling a datel arcade pro case with no pcb if anyone is looking for a case to mod. It still has stick and buttons. There is a hole in the front of it where i took away the button panel but it is currently covered with plastic and can easily be covered with new laminated artwork.
    15 euro.

Edit: Before Doom mods this away, I know i should be posting on adverts but i'm just giving the lads first preference. I will post on adverts if there's no interest here.

Don't think you can put Cherry switches into an LS-32 Tezza, they're non-levered.

Re: the Datel case, I actually have some 28mm buttons which MAY fit that...

Terry I'll take the case of you please, need money tomorrow so will take it off you in XGC next week?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

A little more info on the case k.o.kiki post t'other day

Here num num

Don't think you can put Cherry switches into an LS-32 Tezza, they're non-levered.

Re: the Datel case, I actually have some 28mm buttons which MAY fit that...

Actually, i found levered cherry switches on ebay! Really nice. I've been playing around with them and they can be used in a JLF, LS-56 and LS-32 easily!
    Terry I'll take the case of you please, need money tomorrow so will take it off you in XGC next week?

Forgot to mention that you would have to drill holes in the back panel for start/select/home buttons. I think kiki might have the tools required for this and some smaller buttons. Worth keeping in mind.

• Advertisement

Sagat06 wrote: »
    A little more info on the case k.o.kiki post t'other day

Here num num

At first i was skeptical of these but wow! They are sexy

Advertisement