Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post here every time you get something new!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

lovely, mine will be wait for me in work later on I'd say! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

If you want to sell one Andrew I'll take it :) Looks epic on the Nomad

• Registered Users Posts: 34,482 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Lovely! I am once again amazed at the quality. Even down to manufacturing their own clamshell. It looks a million times better than that other China made one which came with Beggar Prince.

Can't wait to get this now. My Nomad won't leave my side until it's complete :)

What I would seriously love is if they did a reprint of the legacy edition and produced another 500 copies of it, just to ruin all those idiots who paid hundreds for it

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,114 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

EnterNow wrote: »
    If you want to sell one Andrew I'll take it :) Looks epic on the Nomad

Prob hang on to both for the minute. :)
    Looks pretty good alright but I've noticed for a while now that my Nomad screen cover is a bit scratched, you can't notice it at all when playing games but a bit annoying nonetheless. o1s1n I know you mentioned they can be replaced and I think I have a few replacement covers here somewhere - but it's a delicate operation that could mark the Nomad case itself around the screen edges?

What I would seriously love is if they did a reprint of the legacy edition and produced another 500 copies of it, just to ruin all those idiots who paid hundreds for it

Don''t say that, o1s1n is hoping to retire on that baby in 20yrs time! :pac:

• Advertisement

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Looks pretty good alright but I've noticed for a while now that my Nomad screen cover is a bit scratched, you can't notice it at all when playing games but a bit annoying nonetheless. o1s1n I know you mentioned they can be replaced and I think I have a few replacement covers here somewhere - but it's a delicate operation that could mark the Nomad case itself around the screen edges?

Don''t say that, o1s1n is hoping to retire on that baby in 20yrs time! :pac:

He could have retired if he took my advice & left it sealed, now he'll have to settle for thousands as opposed to bazillions :D

Rewind bits sell those screen covers (the actual replacement plastic ones), you'd be better opening the unit & pushing it form the back to avoid damaging the exterior.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

I got a gamegear replacement screen im going to put on tonight after i get it back off you. Great quality, looks exactly like the real one.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,482 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Andrew76 wrote: »

I was as delicate as I could possibly be and it ended up leaving a mark :( definitely open it up and push through as Enternow said.

He could have retired if he took my advice & left it sealed, now he'll have to settle for thousands as opposed to bazillions :D

Heh, if I REALLY wanted to, I could very easily reattach that sticker without anyone being the wiser...but I'm not that mean ;)

If I was ever in need of selling things off, this would be down the bottom of the list. I'd sell my protos before I sold this.

But it'll definitely be stored away in some dark wardrobe somewhere, only to show the grandkids in about 40 years time :D

Rewind bits sell those screen covers (the actual replacement plastic ones), you'd be better opening the unit & pushing it form the back to avoid damaging the exterior.

Oooh thanks. Just had a look at the back of the unit, seems like I just need a philips head screwdriver for all except one of the screws? Is that fifth screw something different or just a dummy hole or something?

You might need a game bit for that, the ones you use to open megadrive games. you can buy them off that site too.

• Advertisement

keithgeo wrote: »
    You might need a game bit for that, the ones you use to open megadrive games. you can buy them off that site too.

Hehe was hoping it wasn't one of them, always meant to buy one. What site do you mean, ebay?

http://www.rewind-bits.co.uk

we have a discount code for there too i think, its in another thread in this forum.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,827 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

o1s1n wrote: »
    But it'll definitely be stored away in some dark wardrobe somewhere, only to show the grandkids in about 40 years time :D

Then the grandkids will flog it on ebay to fund a Nintendo 5DS and Pokemon Aquamarine.

Yep its a 'Gamebit', there's two different sizes so its worth getting the two & you can either get them as screwdriver bits or complete screwdrivers.

Prob best getting the thinnest ones you can find Andrew, I have the bit versions, & had to grind one to shape to fit the Nomad.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Then the grandkids will flog it on ebay to fund a Nintendo 5DS and Pokemon Aquamarine.

A dimension travelling DS that isn't region locked, but dimension locked? I was born too early :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

Retr0gamer wrote: »

Or they'll just stare at him in a perplexed manner and run back to their hoverboards

EDIT: My 999th post, so in celebration:

ghostchant wrote: »
    Or they'll just stare at him in a perplexed manner and run back to their hoverboards

o1s1n's grandkids;

"You need your hands to play it, eugh, that's a babies toy! Dinolol's at you grandad :p"

o1s1n;

":("

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Suspicous white parcel in my porch today. Opened it up to find Pier Solar :D It's a beautiful package! Serious work wnet into it!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,529 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

To go with my new guncon2 I called to gamestop to see if they had any games for it.
    Got Ninja Assault, Kya Dark Lineage and Time Crisis 3 for a tenner, and then I found that Time Crisis came with another Guncon2!
    WIN!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,850 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Got another Competition Pro USB joystick from Amazon the other day. Decided to go for the clear version as I already have a black one. These are great for playing games on emulators and I highly recommend them for people who are interested in this kind of thing.

They show up in windows as a 4 button joystick and have really nice retro sounding micro switches, just like the original versions back in the day.

dsc3398crop.jpg
    dsc3397l.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,827 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Got my pier solar!

Couple more Megadrive games, building up a bit of a respectable megadrive collection now.

IMG_6148.jpg

got my pier solar, pesent edition :(

so nice though, everything feels so proper with the package, big props to watermelon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

Found Parappa The Rapper in the RAGE for €5, pretty happy because I've been after it for a while. Finally picked up my own copy of Metal Gear Solid too <.<

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Found Parappa The Rapper in the RAGE for €5, pretty happy because I've been after it for a while. Finally picked up my own copy of Metal Gear Solid too <.<
    damn . called down there today at lunch but the shutters were down , figured they'd taken a long weekend off;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

Got a Gamecube keyboard controller in the post. Box is a little tatty, but the inners are like new.

Always had an unexplainable desire to get one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭DickyC

Got a Gamecube keyboard controller in the post. Box is a little tatty, but the inners are like new.

Always had an unexplainable desire to get one!

is that the one for phantasy star?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,529 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Wonderboy in Monsterworld arrived today, awesome!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

DickyC wrote: »
    is that the one for phantasy star?
    Yup, the one that has no useful purpose anymore...! It's the ascii one as opposed to the sammy one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭DickyC

maybe so, but it's still a nice addition to your collection:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement