Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post here every time you get something new!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,461 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

That would be a really interesting project! I'd love a good stick for playing MUSHA. I wonder would it be hard to replace it all with Sanwa or Seimitsu parts? Must take my one apart and have a look inside.

It's a nice build, but the action on the buttons and stick really don't come anywhere close to what I'd like.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Just replace them with arcade switches?
    Turn the pad into something more, well, like a proper arcade stick?
    if you ever get your hands on teh japanese version they come with arcade switches already (the EU one has contacts)
    Been playing a few games with it and its very nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

Wasn't aware that unirally was meant to be hard to find. Love that game, remember getting it for my birthday when it was released, still play it a fair amount.

Not too hard to find, there are carts going for £1 on ebay, and there's a CIB copy with course map for £11 buy-it-now here:
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Super-Nintendo-Snes-Unirally-Complete-Course-Map-/130451046579

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

ghostchant wrote: »
    Wasn't aware that unirally was meant to be hard to find. Love that game, remember getting it for my birthday when it was released, still play it a fair amount.

Not too hard to find, there are carts going for £1 on ebay, and there's a CIB copy with course map for £11 buy-it-now here:
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Super-Nintendo-Snes-Unirally-Complete-Course-Map-/130451046579

Nice one dude, thanks for the link. I just remember it being a good game I never got to play back in the day. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

Picked up these 3 PS2 games earlier for €6 the lot
    DSC07636.jpg
    They're probably rubbish but beggars can't be choosers.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Went to have a look in that new shop on Fade st. Nice selection of megadrive stuff and a few others! I wanted to buy a lot more but had to restrain myself :P

Picked up an N64 Transfer Pak (the thing that allows you go connect Gameboy games to N64 games) and Rakuga Kids on the N64. Which I thought someone mentioned something about it here ages ago. Anyway the name rang a bell and so I picked it up. It was €12.95 for the both of those which I thought was very reasonable. If I'm off work next weekend I'll be back for more! Seen some Master system and MD stuff I want.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,825 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I was in there yesterday myself with Sera, you must have just missed us because I saw Rakuga Kids there and was going to tell people it was in the shop.

Anyway I picked up an N64 controller (finally one that works) Wipeout 64, Mickeys Speedway USA (the only N64 rare game I haven't played) and one I've been looking for for ages, Excitebike 64. 30.85 for the lot, have to say it's by far and away the most reasonable retro store I've come across.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Alter Egotist

rad0A29E0206100513.JPG

Picked up this 52 in 1 Supervision Cart online :pac:

Master of the Universe

Nice! What's the standard going rate for those Supervision multi carts?

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Alter Egotist

thiis 52 in 1 cost 50 dollars including shipping. the 32 in 1 and 52 in 1 can normally go for anything up to 100 dollars each before shipping it think. was v lucky. im camping out on another auction at the mo aswell. got to love the americans..........:)

also bought a ps1 and two games at the carboot today. 5 euro all in and all like new. good day.

• Advertisement

Got these today in Liffey Valley for €11 for the lot:D
    Love Killzone, never played R-Type Final and I know MoH is a rubbish game
    Edit: No instruction manual in Killzone

DSC07638.jpg

?action=view&current=DSC07638.jpg

That's a great price I reckon!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

pdbhp wrote: »
    Got these today in Liffey Valley for €11 for the lot:D
    Love Killzone, never played R-Type Final and I know MoH is a rubbish game

Lulz *waits for Retr0*

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,825 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Yep R-type Final isn't great at all.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Yep R-type Final isn't great at all.

Anticlimax response is anticlimactic.

R-type Final is a game so bad that the slowdown inthe third level stole my anal virginity and gave me aids.

Better?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

I picked up R-type final for €4 yesterday. It's not *that* bad, but it's not a patch on the older games.

Got Digital Devil Saga 2 for €1 too. No box, but the manual and fancy postcards were there, and it was €1. I haven't started playing it yet though

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Anyway I picked up an N64 controller (finally one that works) Wipeout 64,

I bought wip3out for the PS1 last week for 2 pounds in London. Also I got MGS 3 for the PS2. I consider the wipeout PS1 games to be up there with the best relative gaming experience ever. However I never rated the N64 one, I still have it somewhere, the 4 way screen was a big plus at the time but the lack of decent music limited by the cart killed it IMO.

I have the HD one for the PS3, It think its just a port of the PS2 one, but it looks great. I have a NAS linked to my PS3 so its very easy to link any music from your collection to the game play, as the music with the PS3 release is poor and limited IMHO.

Anyway overall its great, not retro at all apart from picking all the retro chemical brothers songs and running them along a new game.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

5751c071.jpg
    Tesco are selling windup pacman and ghost packs for 1.40 they're not bad!

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Warren3

Got these today on the cheap from a site in England.

• Advertisement

Stoner wrote: »
    I bought wip3out for the PS1 last week for 2 pounds in London. Also I got MGS 3 for the PS2. I consider the wipeout PS1 games to be up there with the best relative gaming experience ever. However I never rated the N64 one, I still have it somewhere, the 4 way screen was a big plus at the time but the lack of decent music limited by the cart killed it IMO.

PS Wipeouts were better but I don't have the N64 one and at 7 euros I couldn't say no. I prefer Wipeout 2097 to Wip3out but maybe that's because I got stung when they brought out the Wip3out special edition which was way better a month after I bought Wip3out :)

The PS3 one is a remake of the PSP games. Really good and looks amazing running in 1080p

Master of the Universe

I played 2097 before playing the original. When I finally got around to giving the original a go I didn't like it at all. The hit detection on the walls seems a little too unforgiving. I liked the way you scraped off them in 2097.

The original wipeout is a product of it's time. At release it was mind blowing but in retrospect it was way too unforgiving. Wipeout 2097 was a massive improvement. I remember getting it with my first 3D accelerator on my PC. Looked amazing but unfortunately it had an unlicensed soundtrack. Still looks great on the PS1.

Here's a thing of beauty, Nomad goes in the middle and has front and back compartments that you could fit a couple of carts and the battery back into. Very well padded. (Yeah yeah it's just a bag I know :o.)

nomadcasefront.jpg
    nomadcaserear.jpg
    nomadcaseside.jpg

Master of the Universe

If I had children I'd sell them to buy one of those. I'm green with envy man, green! Looks to be in great condition.

Just went and picked up my copy of SotC can't take any pictures of it because my camera is in work where it's needed, I'll try get some soon.
    The outer case is slightly worn but everything else is in perfect condition including the art cards:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Some lad in a van dropped this in this morning :confused:

vy5aow.jpg

REALLY difficult to capture the awesomeness of a vector screen with a camera

3027tzl.jpg

It's perfect, not a thing wrong with it. It's in mint condition too, just needs a polish to bring back that 80's glitz :rolleyes::cool::):D

Awesome dude! Thank fcuk for that. :pac:

Master of the Universe

So now we have confirmation that a Vectrex can be posted internationally and still work on the other end.

Thank Christ!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Looking at the pics beside the Vec, it looks nothing like the pics at all (on screen), it's one of those things that you literally have to see it to see what it's truly like. o1s1n, Andrew & myself so far have been Cider'd, who's next for the chop?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement