Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post here every time you get something new!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,439 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Hmm, I wonder would a fast RAM upgrade help? The A1200 I have with 8MB fast RAM could run most games I threw at it. Only one I had issues with were a deluxe version of Theme Park and an Alien Breed FPS.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Dale Parish

o1s1n wrote: »
    Hmm, I wonder would a fast RAM upgrade help? The A1200 I have with 8MB fast RAM could run most games I threw at it. Only one I had issues with were a deluxe version of Theme Park and an Alien Breed FPS.
    Might be a worthy upgrade alright.. This whole 2fps doesn't work for me and I don't want to go back to the emulator now!:pac:
    But don't those things cost like.. hundreds of billions of dollars £80-£100?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

So after discovering an A500 was far too slow for Boulder Dash, I purchased a boxed 1200.
    It's also too slow :pac:
    Ah well. Time for some quality anyway.
    amigah.png

FYP:D

Master of the Universe

Might be a worthy upgrade alright.. This whole 2fps doesn't work for me and I don't want to go back to the emulator now!:pac:
    But don't those things cost like.. hundreds of billions of dollars £80-£100?

They're expensive alright. When I got my one, I think it was in the region of €50? Can't quite remember now, the guy I bought it from in Germany installed it in the Amiga he was selling me. Might be an idea to check out ebay.de to see if you can get any cheap from there.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Just got the last copy of Dodonpachi in Game in Liffey Valley! Happy days!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

Arrived today. :)

t70Ui.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Just got the last copy of Dodonpachi in Game in Liffey Valley! Happy days!

how much? i got mine for €12.99

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Stinger! It's just a poxy 4GB!

DinoRex wrote: »

Hell no! All the better to be glitched for NTSC-J goodness! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

DinoRex wrote: »

Not for long ;)

• Advertisement

EnterNow wrote: »
    Not for long ;)

Aye. I feel a glitch coming on. An NTSC-J one. That copy of Ketsui I've had lying around sealed on my shelf for the past 6 or so months is hopefully going to be played soon. :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

pdbhp wrote: »
    how much? i got mine for €12.99

Yeah, same here, very pleased.
    I was over in Dundrum shopping centre as well, earlier on, don't like that place...
    I can feel the locals judging me for my lack of Hilfinger, Diesel or other such expensive apparel ..
    At least Liffey Valley has some mingers in the mix as well, like a high class version of the Square!

I was over in Dundrum shopping centre as well, earlier on, don't like that place...
    I can feel the locals judging me for my lack of Hilfinger, Diesel or other such expensive apparel ..

I look on them with equal distain. Knackers in nice clothes is all

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

At least Liffey Valley has some mingers in the mix as well, like a high class version of the Square!

Excellent value at €12.99:D

Feckin hate dundrum the shop is layed out terrible.
    Liffey Valley wishes it was a high class version of the Square........Not!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

Totally Forgot Dodonpachi was On the Market region free...result
    I get scared in Dundrum, Too many women shops and ugg wearing young uns with frizzy died blonde hair.
    Any one spotted it in City centre?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,103 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Pyongyang wrote: »
    Aye. I feel a glitch coming on. An NTSC-J one. That copy of Ketsui I've had lying around sealed on my shelf for the past 6 or so months is hopefully going to be played soon. :)

A glitch knows no regions. ;)
    Connect a 1TB hard drive to it, install ALL your games and put those discs back in their boxes where they belong. I reckon it won't be long before you hook it up to your cab and those LS-56s... :cool:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Hey I work in dundrum! In possibly the poshest store there!

Andrew76 wrote: »
    A glitch knows no regions. ;)
    Connect a 1TB hard drive to it, install ALL your games and put those discs back in their boxes where they belong. I reckon it won't be long before you hook it up to your cab and those LS-56s... :cool:

Alas I discovered the 4gb Slim there is NOT glitchable (yet). However my other 360 Slim, the 250gb one, IS glitchable.

So I'm going to glitch the old console (thanks for the heads up ImmediateEntrance) and do a bit of storage shuffling if I can.

Toying with cabbing the glitched box but I dunno, see how it goes.

Spent all evening playing with the Lumia 800. It's a lot better than I thought it was now I've spent a good bit of time with it. You do miss the apps the iPhone has, and the current lack of tethering (until the fw update comes soon) is really annoying.

That said, the speech recognition is absolutely unbelievable. Here's an example:

iPhone: "Siri. Find shoe shops in Dublin 2"
    Response: "Fine chew chops dubbin too"

Lumia 800: "Where's my nearest Supervalu?"
    Response: "Where's my nearest Supervalu"

It actually distinguished Supervalu from Super Value. I've absolutely no idea how.

For the laugh I tried stacks of wild requests such as:

"Where can I ferment potassium chloride?", "Where can I rent a moped in East Timor?" and for the craic, as I type this, I said as fast as I could "How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

It got every request right. Every time. No messing.

First night with it is nearly over and I have to say, colour me very impressed with Windows Phone. Very impressed indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,950 ✭✭✭Doge

So after discovering an A500 was far too slow for Elite II, I purchased a boxed 1200.
    It's also too slow :pac:
    Ah well. Time for some quality anyway.
    IMG_0274.jpg

I demand to know what game that is!

Looks great.

Edit: Ah, Frontier. Twas in the related vids when I had a looksi at Elite on youtube.

The c64 was the last Personal Computer I had before getting a PC in 1996.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

The only good thing that ever came out of Dundrum was the bowling alley.

Serious arcade that I spent all my youth and money in.
    It was straight opposite this(which used to be a video store) in the "town centre"

5258974226_2a8a0f440f.jpg

F%%k all the rest of it..Bring the bowler back and shove your House of Fraiser up your Wazoo.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Yeah but the bowling alley flooded all the time.

Hey I work in dundrum! In possibly the poshest store there!

Yeah but the bowling alley flooded all the time.

Ahem

282572_1.jpg?ts=1329376676

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

The only good thing that ever came out of Dundrum was the bowling alley.

Serious arcade that I spent all my youth and money in.
    It was straight opposite this(which used to be a video store) in the "town centre"

5258974226_2a8a0f440f.jpg

F%%k all the rest of it..Bring the bowler back and shove your House of Fraiser up your Wazoo.

Was that the one that had quasar there , when it was first released?
    Seem to remember going a few times before they opened one in crumlin (the star bowling alley) and then later tallaght.

Master of the Universe

Was that the one that had quasar there , when it was first released?
    Seem to remember going a few times before they opened one in crumlin (the star bowling alley) and then later tallaght.

Is that bowling alley gone now? :(

I went there a lot as a kid but had no concept of where the place was as it was miles away from my house. It's the only arcade I ever saw Alien Versus Predator in.

The last time I was there was about 7 or 8 years ago. Actually it was about when I was trying to convert a female friend into a girlfriend.

My bowling skills did the trick :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

It's been gone for 15 or more years.. wasn't it a rollerblading ring for a while after it was a bowling alley, or the other way around?

Master of the Universe

15 years? I must be thinking of a different place with Quasar so! (Stillorgan maybe?)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

I could easily be wrong and probably am..I seem to be loosing all track of time these days :(

Chibi Robo in full effect!
    Happy days, that's one of my bucket list games, along with Battalion Wars, for some reason, don't quite know why but there you go...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Chibi Robo is amazing. I really loved it. It's got a real Pixar feel to it. It's got bags of charm and its actually got quite a moving story that could bring some manly tears out of hiding.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement