Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post here every time you get something new!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,120 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Syphon filters aged quite badly. Hope you're not too disappointed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

thinking of getting a snes powerpak, anyone got any experience with them?

theyre quite pricey at $145 so wanna make sure theyre decent. could buy 5 snes' for that, fortunately we've got one in the house id like to make use of

http://www.retrousb.com/product_info.php?products_id=84

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,568 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Visited Balbriggan market this morning, looker pretty poor but then found a saitek snes fight stick, tunnel b1 for the ps1, the Go Ape music cd from around the launch of Donkey Kong Country and, the best of the lot, a perfect Nes Four Score multiplayer adaptor, all for a fiver. Saw some PS controllers but they were very grubby I'll get some again.

Feck it, strolled back and got two grubby PS controllers and an Xbox memory card for 3 euro. I couldn't resist!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,870 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Anyone heading to the car boot sale in the point village next weekend? I think it's the first week of it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Steve SI wrote: »
    Anyone heading to the car boot sale in the point village next weekend? I think it's the first week of it.

I might do. Will be at a carboot sale on saturday as well.

New purchases:

scaled.php?tn=0&server=612&filename=28393626.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640

scaled.php?tn=0&server=615&filename=zj6wy.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640

It's being shipped out tomorrow to me. It's brand new and sealed. No idea what the 2nd box is though! And not a bad buy at £22.98 posted. Also should be collecting this:

217123_10150175614732173_724117172_6647687_6616218_n.jpg

At the weekend so lots of Japanese pokémon goodies :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,568 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

So, what the heck is that in the last photo? A pokemon game before it was called pokemon? A knock off? I am entirely ignorant of the whole field so forgive me, please...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

It's just the Japanese version of Pokémon green. We got Blue and Red over here and instead of Blue, they got Green in Japan! It's the exact same game though

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Finally got myself a complete in box Zelda link to the past for the snes! Ive a boxed atari 2600 on the way too with 3 boxed games, only cost be 16euro!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

I might do. Will be at a carboot sale on saturday as well.

Which one? Is it any good?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

keithgeo wrote: »
    Finally got myself a complete in box Zelda link to the past for the snes! Ive a boxed atari 2600 on the way too with 3 boxed games, only cost be 16euro!

Its all about the map & secrets book :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,695 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I have the map and secrets book but am missing the damn box! :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

haha yeh it has the map and secrets!

o1s1n wrote: »
    I have the map and secrets book but am missing the damn box! :(

A bizarre case for sure :confused: How the hell did the documentation survive & the box didn't?

Master of the Universe

It's a weird one. I bought a Snes in a charity shop years ago with about 20 games. All the games came with their booklets and any other documents which were in the boxes...just no boxes.

You think if someone was freakish enough to want to keep every single bit of paper that came with the game then they'd have kept the boxes too?

Master of the Universe

Anyone into Jag stuff? This guy has a pretty amazing collection he's selling off -

http://shop.ebay.com/evillynn723/m.html?_trksid=p4340.l2562&clk_rvr_id=234971380895

Anyone into Jag stuff? This guy has a pretty amazing collection he's selling off -

http://shop.ebay.com/evillynn723/m.html?_trksid=p4340.l2562&clk_rvr_id=234971380895

Oh No, I wish you hadn't shared that link. Lots of stuff I don't have and Its pay day.

Master of the Universe

For $899 you could own one of the two known Atari Jaguar 2 prototypes!

I'd quite like to buy one of those AVP sample carts.

For $899 you could own one of the two known Atari Jaguar 2 prototypes!

I'd quite like to buy one of those AVP sample carts.

Yeah, A bargain indeed :D

I have the Catbox at home but it looks different than the one he's selling.
    My one is stealth black in colour instead of the metalic silver on his one.

Did they make more than one type?

Master of the Universe

Haven't a clue about your Catbox. Is it made by ICD?

I didn't realize those things were so expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,704 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

It's a weird one. I bought a Snes in a charity shop years ago with about 20 games. All the games came with their booklets and any other documents which were in the boxes...just no boxes.

You think if someone was freakish enough to want to keep every single bit of paper that came with the game then they'd have kept the boxes too?
    That's not freakish at all.

I did that as a kid (still would if games weren't DS-small/optical discs).

You keep the manual because it shows you how to play.
    You discard the game box because it's just worthless nuisance.
    And you keep the console box because it's big & you can store all your crap in it :)

• Advertisement

Haven't a clue about your Catbox. Is it made by ICD?

I didn't realize those things were so expensive.

Yeah, They were the only ones to make it I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

Today's haul:

1 x PAL PS2 'fat', boxed and most of it still in plastic bags, even the manuals are still sealed.

1 x Memory Card

1 x Controller

16 x Games including:
    Secret Weapons Over Normandy
    Fantavision
    Sonic Unleashed
    Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
    Pro Evolution Soccer Management
    Pro Evolution Soccer 1, 2, 4, 5
    Pro Evolution Soccer Management
    Taito Legends 2
    Ace Combat: Squadron Leader
    Kuri Kuri Mix
    Burnout 2
    Fahrenheit
    Tekken Tag Tournament
    Sega Classics Collection
    All for €40. :D

Also picked up Wipeout Fusion, Stuntman (French cover art) and Atari Anthology all for €5.25 from CEX.

Best of all I get to play R-Type: Final and Gunbird which I received earlier this week and am aching to play!

And to round off a good day, I just found out I won two tickets to see Michael Palin tonight in the boards.ie competition today. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Just got a complete mint cardboard copy of ICO, proudly standing beside SOTC right now.

Looks like a have a plastic case Ico I might trade now

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭alpahaeagle

Just got a boxed Panasonic fz-10 with Road Rash, Need for speed, Starblade, SAMURAI SHODOWN
    Triped. All for 40€. Show pics later
    http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/games/2182956 :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

HOW THE **** DID I MISS THAT!

Its in Waterford and everything, im genuinely pissed off now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

Just got a boxed Panasonic fz-10 with Road Rash, Need for speed, Starblade, SAMURAI SHODOWN

Nice! I loved Starblade. If I remember rightly it had a gimmick cabinet screen no? Wasn't it 3D or something? I forget. Not like the Sega Time Traveller hologram game I mean.

Something about that FZ-10 design I love too, one of the better looking consoles I think.

Congratulations on a fun purchase. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

Picked up a mint copy of Shadow of the Colossus in GameStop for €11 might just stick it up on adverts or fleabay since I already own a copy of it.

Fantastic find, nicely done.

A few nice items this week

First up, most recent purchase at the car boot sale this morning. Not much at all at it but did come across a lady who was selling a bunch of random controllers and accessories so picked up a Dreamcast VMU, SNES controller and Rumble pak (I think) from her for €2. She had lots of DC controllers and a few GB games but I didn't really want more.

IMG_0122.jpg

Not really a purchase but was clearing out my nanny attic for stuff she wanted to sell at the car boot sale and came across a honeybee MD adapter that I thought was throw out long ago!

IMG_0123.jpg

Then picked up from a fellow boardsie the Jap Pokémon green. It's in great condition and every leaflet it with it! Also the Jap GB game boxes are amazingly cute.

IMG_0125.jpg

And then finally the Jap Pokémon channel. It was brand new and sealed but I want to play it :P Comes with the game disc and then another disc that has something to do with pikachu. But the actual plastic case is in this cool translucent yellow :D Also comes with some e-reader cards inside too! Anyone know if the cards are region locked? I've a US e-reader.

IMG_0124.jpg

So yeah! That'll be the extent of my purchases for a while :P

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,120 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

used to use a honeybee adapter for mercs on the MD, jap version:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement