Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most painful place to get tattoed

Options
  • 27-10-2009 9:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭

I just got a new tattoo today, my fourth and have decided that the armpit/just under the arm pit is the most painful place i've been tattooed, just wondering if anyone had other opinions? :D

the pain is soo worth it though, i'm not complaining, just to clear that up haha

Comments

I've three tattoos, my foot was seriously painful.

My husband has 7 (or 9 maybe :confused:) and he reckoned just under his rib cage on his abdomen was the most excruciating pain ever.

He got one tattoo in florida and the girl who was doing it was pretty much head to toe in colour - she said her foot was definitely the most painful.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Dangerdunf

I got chinese symbols tattooed up my side. The rib cage was fairly sore!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭mackey087

most painful for me, not sure either front of ankle, top of foot or as you say arm pit. got one that curves into armpit from shoulder.

funniest one for me was back of calf. it goes from calf to just above the heel. kept on twiching as if i had the jitters.

thinking of getting one on the side of my hand, between little finger and wrist. not sure what to do. working on the sites might mess it up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

found my leg quite sore out of the two i have, the other is on my ribs and hip, cake walk in comparison

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭egan007

wicklow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭earleuginedoyle

yeah my foot was fairly sore too but nothing compared to the armpit.. but that might just be because the pain is so fresh!!
    tattoos that tickle are the worst, i hate trying to stay still and not breathe too heavily!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

Most painful place? Probably the back of a Volkswagen......... :D, That or my groinal area.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Shimei

stomach was hell for me!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

My spine, sweet jesus christ. Wrists and calves were fine but i nearly cried with my spine.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭tattoo

egan007 wrote: »
    wicklow

Like it :D:D

For me it was the ribs, especially the fleshy area at the hip. I was sucking that chuppa chup to death:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Side of the knee cap

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭idunno78

getting the top pf my foot done tomo!! hope its not to bad, b=but sure no pain no gain!! so far the worst was the flesy parts on my side, that was the worst!! funnily enough the left was wosre then the right!!?:confused:
    But you soon forget the pain i reckon anyhow! If it was that bad ya wouldnt keep gon back :D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭earleuginedoyle

Melion wrote: »
    My spine, sweet jesus christ. Wrists and calves were fine but i nearly cried with my spine.

really??? i found the spine the nicest place iv had tattooed!! what you got on your spine?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I've only had the back of my shoulder blades and the left of my chest done, but the chest was by far the worst, particularly when it came up near the collar bone and where the arm joins the shoulder

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭cadogs

egan007 wrote: »
    wicklow

:D

I found stomach and ribs to be the sorest place...up around the armpit is pretty gnarly too!!!!

Pain for pleasure!!

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭tread_softly

when i was getting my back piece done was sore enough, but especially when he was tattooing the area behind my heart.

i don't know if it was the vibrations of the gun or what, but it felt like there was an iron fist around my heart squeezing it and every time i breathed it, it tightened even more.

it was the most fcuking intrusive, horrible sensation i've ever experienced and i never ever want to feel it again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 jordank

my stomach, my elbow and just under the bicep where you bend your arm ouch!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭crotalus667

My penis (can any one top that ??) it was more the pain from stretching the skin than the tattoo it’s self

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Shimei

I'm sure it was only a little prick.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭idunno78

of the ones ive had so far my foot def the sorest!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 49 victor11

Top of the spine running into the lower neck,,,, Holy Jaysus!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭crotalus667

Shimei wrote: »
    I'm sure it was only a little prick.
    Are you one of my exes ?? LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭vangoz

when i was getting my back piece done was sore enough, but especially when he was tattooing the area behind my heart.

i don't know if it was the vibrations of the gun or what, but it felt like there was an iron fist around my heart squeezing it and every time i breathed it, it tightened even more.

it was the most fcuking intrusive, horrible sensation i've ever experienced and i never ever want to feel it again!

Yep got the exact same thing, its a horrible feeling, it was such a relief when he moved off that area.

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭tread_softly

vangoz wrote: »
    Yep got the exact same thing, its a horrible feeling, it was such a relief when he moved off that area.

haha, good to know i wasn't imagining it/had something really wrong with my heart!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 loconnor

I have 10 tattoos and I have to say the feet were the worst!! bone grinding burning pain! But I loved every second of it ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

ribs:(it was awful,only time ove ever had to have a break,and i still have a session to go!

ribs:(it was awful,only time ove ever had to have a break,and i still have a session to go!

but it is FAB!

but it is FAB!

i got my flowers coloured in now:Dgonna wait til its all done to unveil it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

boo hiss, now, we demand pics now

• Advertisement

boo hiss, now, we demand pics now

wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy to much effort right now,erin did a fab job though,so glad i went with orange

Advertisement