Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official SE XPERIA X10 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭vengeance52

alanc2003 wrote: »
    I downloaded an app that turns off 3g when the phone is idle. I get most of the day out of it now. Its the way it uses the battery when its plugged in that really bugs me!

Do you have the name of that app???

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭alanc2003

Do you have the name of that app???

Its called data on demand, works very well

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭rushnaldo

I leave the 3g off at all times because the antenna for picking up the wireless for internet at home is poor and you need to be really close to pick it up steady, i was losing signal all the time and it was switching to vodafone live and charging me a fortune, got a shock when the bill came

Thats another downer the flash on the camera as i had a cyber shot k850i last and it had a great flash

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭kwinabeeste

Apparently there is an update available for firmware.

http://androidforums.com/sony-ericsson-xperia-x10/111500-udate-there-people.html

Anybody got this yet? i'm on 3

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭bionic.laura

Yes I got it, I'm on O2. Battery life has improved a bit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Has anyone rooted their X10 yet? According to xda-developers, you get all sorts of improvements from battery life to better camera quality. I assume rooting it will also wipe your APN settings and other stuff.

http://androidforums.com/sony-ericsson-xperia-x10/111500-udate-there-people.html

Updated this through PC Companion now running build number R2BA020.

Battery is 98% 3h 9m since unplugged :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭aodh_rua

Did anyone have data access issues when they got the phone? The data settings all seem to be correct, but I get an error when I try to access any site that it can't verify I'm over 15. The same sim card worked fine in my H1 and my N95, and data access was never a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Daavid

Yes, I've installed the update as well and my battery life is waaaaay better. Yesterday I had about 2 hours of Youtube time, a few calls, lots of messages. 3G on all day. Background syching on all day.... basically lots of use. Before update it would have run out of battery about 5 to 6 hours in with that use. After update, i still had 30% battery life when going to bed at midnight (had been plugged out since 9 in the morning)

Thats just my experience, but it seems like lots of people are having differing experiences. Some have great battery life improvement, others have a little improvement. Some have even said they saw no improvement. It must be to do with background apps people have running.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭rushnaldo

Argh the alarm does not go off in the morning if you set it and turn the phone off. Late for work this morning grr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

rushnaldo wrote: »
    Argh the alarm does not go off in the morning if you set it and turn the phone off. Late for work this morning grr
    :D

Too many people have been caught out by that. One suggestion is to leave your phone on overnight, but put it into Airline Mode so less battery is used.

1d 4h 11m since unplugged and battery life at 47% :D

used phone a fair bit surfing, games and streaming radio. Good few texts but no calls.

looking forward to 2 days batter life!!

I use apps and widgets APNDroid to turn off 3G and Wifi OnOff to turn off WIFI when i don't use them. Think its better than the y5 battery saver as thats constantly on...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭padair

Can anyone recommend a cover for the X10?

padair wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a cover for the X10?

Got some on eBay in a bundle - see my posts in the thread. Got a lot of stuff in the bundle :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭padair

Do many people use timescape and if so does it chew through much of the battery life..?

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭alanc2003

Do many people use timescape and if so does it chew through much of the battery life..?[/QUOTE

I have never once used timescape, dont believe in facebook or twitter! I dont know what they did with that update but im gettin 2days out the battery now with a fair amount of use

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Daavid

Do many people use timescape and if so does it chew through much of the battery life..?

I use Timescape as my homescreen now. I was a bit sceptical at first, but I've come to quite like it. I'm getting great battery life as well since the update (see my previous post) so I guess Timescape isn't chewing up too much battery on me.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭sysconp1

I got my X10 yesterday from 3 and tried to do the update on it last night... Bricked!

Three say they don't stock the X10 anymore and will only repair them... 8 day turn around! :mad:

So mine has gone to MPRC today by courier and hopefully I will get it back sooner!!! Not a happy man at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

I have a big problem with the Xperia Mini X10. I got a 16GB MicroSD from ebay and started loading up music with it. Unfortunately it seems that when I add new music, it overwrites the existing music. I have tried adding music using MediaGo and Windows Drag and Drop but with the same result. The most I've had on the memory card is 3GB. When I added new music on there, it deleted nearly all the music I had previously added. The artists folders remain on the card, but the folders are empty.

Is this a function of the card or the phone? Any idea what the problem is?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

I have a big problem with the Xperia Mini X10. I got a 16GB MicroSD from ebay and started loading up music with it. Unfortunately it seems that when I add new music, it overwrites the existing music. I have tried adding music using MediaGo and Windows Drag and Drop but with the same result. The most I've had on the memory card is 3GB. When I added new music on there, it deleted nearly all the music I had previously added. The artists folders remain on the card, but the folders are empty.

Is this a function of the card or the phone? Any idea what the problem is?

Could be a dodgy card from ebay. It happens. Something like this might help you.
    Note: I have not tested that software.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

Very quiet thread, looks like Sony Ericsson's flagship device was a total flop and rightly so IMHO.

Does does anyone know when 2.1 is FINALLY being released for update? We are approaching the last month of Q3 and there has still been no announcement of a release date and I am sick of 1.6..........infact I'm getting pretty sick of the Xperia X10 as a whole to be honest, the lack of updates is excruciatingly painful and I've accidental dropped it a few times and the scratches are pissing me off (I know, I should have got a cover for it).

Finally..........meh!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

Raekwon wrote: »
    Very quiet thread, looks like Sony Ericsson's flagship device was a total flop and rightly so IMHO.

Does does anyone know when 2.1 is FINALLY being released for update? We are approaching the last month of Q3 and there has still been no announcement of a release date and I am sick of 1.6..........infact I'm getting pretty sick of the Xperia X10 as a whole to be honest, the lack of updates is excruciatingly painful and I've accidental dropped it a few times and the scratches are pissing me off (I know, I should have got a cover for it).

Finally..........meh!

Can custom ROM's not be used on Xperia?

I have a HTC and I also got too sick of waiting so I out one on myself....

Im thinking of getting an xperia (have to get a new work phone and this is on the list)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,617 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

neacy69 wrote: »
    Can custom ROM's not be used on Xperia?

No custom roms yet as they havent cracked the bootloader yet.

However you can put generic firmware on it which is a lot faster than the branded crap thats usually on them.There is also a one-click root solution which allows certain apps to gain root access.

Have to say I love the x10 rooted even though its stuck at 1.6 until the update to 2.1 arrives--I havent used a phone with 2.1 or 2.2 on it so I really dont know what Im missing--1.6 is fine and for my first android its excellent--I`ll definately be sticking with android in the future.

Also ADW launcher is excellent and replaces the stock launcher and give better battery life.

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭maiden

Will someone please tell me how to:

When messaging someone, how do you add someone elses contact details in the body of the message?????

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,617 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

maiden wrote: »
    Will someone please tell me how to:

When messaging someone, how do you add someone elses contact details in the body of the message?????

Do you mean to send the same text to more than one person??
    If its is you just separate the numbers by a comma.

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭maiden

Thanks for the reply but no, say i need to send mary, johns contact details. At the mo I am going into phonebook and memorizing johns number, then manually putting into the message being sent to mary.

I can never rem numbers so its very annoying!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,123 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

maiden wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply but no, say i need to send mary, johns contact details. At the mo I am going into phonebook and memorizing johns number, then manually putting into the message being sent to mary.

I can never rem numbers so its very annoying!

it seems the only option is to bluetooth the business card to the other person...lame.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,123 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Hey guys, O2 Branded x10i here and dont seem to be able to update the phone from:
    Firmware 1.6
    Baseband 1.0.16
    Build R1FA016

Do I need to DeBrand it first or something?

SEUS does nothing but turn the phone on...

GreeBo wrote: »
    Hey guys, O2 Branded x10i here and dont seem to be able to update the phone from:
    Firmware 1.6
    Baseband 1.0.16
    Build R1FA016

Do I need to DeBrand it first or something?

SEUS does nothing but turn the phone on...

Yep-If you debrand to a generic firmware say R1fa020 then SEUS will get you the updates quicker.Think the latest is 026.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

GreeBo wrote: »
    it seems the only option is to bluetooth the business card to the other person...lame.

on my hero you can go to

people> tap on the contact> select menu when the details open> and select send contact details....

like i say that's on the hero but its android aswell

Advertisement