Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

liam ward, should he be banned? Chaos threads merged.

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭mark.leonard

PM75 wrote: »
    Best local event i attended was in Letterkenny October '08 organised by Josie Murray. Adequate size venue, proper MMA cage, no alcohol, and all seating for over 600. Looked similar & just as good a set-up as the Official UFC i attended in the 02 dublin.

lol the same event that used a Gracie as a ref, who allowed multiple rules infractions, simply because he didn't know what the rules were? You have just reduced the value of your opinion significantly there. The fact that you can't recognise Tim's opinion to carry more weight given the breadth of his experience in MMA helps with that too :)

Every MMA event I have ever been at has attracted "beefcakes" as you put it, it just runs with the territory and doesn't reflect on the Chaos promotion in the slightest.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭wingnut4

Cobra, everything you said is complete rubbish. You obviously dont know much about MMA and the sport.

This mans behaviour was unacceptable. MMA is a sport not a brawl in the street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Campbell M

PM75 wrote: »
    1. 'YOUSE' aint a word to start off. Maybe english isn't your strong point.

2. I didnt defend anyone, just tried to bring a balanced view

3. Chaos was a joke in Everglades because the venue is too small and a ring was used with very little space between fighters & fans

4. Too may 'beefcake' steroid heads creating an intimidating atmosphere for the general public and children, standing at entrance into main hall

Best local event i attended was in Letterkenny October '08 organised by Josie Murray. Adequate size venue, proper MMA cage, no alcohol, and all seating for over 600. Looked similar & just as good a set-up as the Official UFC i attended in the 02 dublin.

Maybe there's lessons to be learned all round for Chaos and venue change is called for, even to professionalise the image of the sport.

I have been to three of the five Chaos shows and have never found an intimidating atmosphere. In fact i take my 12 year old son and my wife with me and they always have a great time.

I am glad you enjoyed the letterkenny show however:

The choice of using a ring or cage is just that, a choice made by the promoter. Pride uses a ring, are they not "proper" MMA?

No alcohol is not a good thing if you are trying to get spectators to attend on a Friday or Saturday night. They had alcohol at the UFC right (I was there also). They also have alcohol at kickboxing and boxing shows. Is this some way different than MMA?

There is no need for a venue that holds 600 unless you are expecting 600 people. Most of these shows run on a tight budget and take as big a venue as is required. A big crowd packed in makes for a better atmosphere than a huge venue that is half empty so the promoters tend to err on the smaller side

Are you seriously saying that the spectators who attend the Letterkenny show are a totally different group of less muscled, better behaved people than those you saw at Chaos? You are kidding right? I would bet that 80% of the spectators in Letterkenny were the same people you saw in Chaos or would see in any other local show. In fact i know a bunch of people who attended both.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 MMA_FAN

As a MMA fan for the last 5 or so years and having been in attendance on Saturday nite event and all the Chaos shows, and also the above mentioned Warrior Quest show as well as many other local shows within the area, I must say that Chaos is by far the best out of them all, fight line ups, atmosphere, the way in which it is run etc..!!!..(Compared to others..!) Granted the venue on Saturday night was a bit crowded but this is due to the growing popularity of the sport in which we all know and love…!! Did that night in letterkenny’s sell out..???? Was there any atmosphere I would like to ask…“NO”…!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Thread closed unless someone wants it open for a decent reason,
    if Jason Mc wants to make a statement for example.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement