Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fields of Athenry 10km 2009

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Foxx92

pgibbo wrote: »
    The t-shirts did look very nice. Just missed one by 2 places.....aaagggghhhhhhh :)

I missed it by 1. Was sickened. Still beat my PB by over two minutes so im delighted to have broken 40.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭aero2k

tunguska wrote: »
    I did 36:38. If this race had taken place on 26th dec as originally intended then I reckon I was good for a 34:10. Unfortunately a fall on the ice a few weeks ago did me in. Moral of the story is: Dont run in the snow, it aint worth it.
    Hi tunguska,

Still a great time - I wouldn't get near that with two (relatively!) good knees. I feel lucky to have avoided serious falls and not missed too many miles over the snow/ice period, though I had to keep the speed down.
    Are you still getting physio?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

tunguska wrote: »
    I did 36:38. If this race had taken place on 26th dec as originally intended then I reckon I was good for a 34:10. Unfortunately a fall on the ice a few weeks ago did me in. Moral of the story is: Dont run in the snow, it aint worth it.

a bad knee and u did it in 36!! :eek: Cud I have your other knee!! :)

Well done though, the tops were tasty.

My "Guy" target is now 45 mins next year Gibbo :) Fair play to him setting my targets :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

Great race and great atmosphere:) Not so great running by me (but still a pb by 10 mins so I shouldn't complain). I'm looking forward to beating it next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

littlebug wrote: »
    Great race and great atmosphere:) Not so great running by me (but still a pb by 10 mins so I shouldn't complain). I'm looking forward to beating it next year.

Well done on you PB littlebug. 10mins is a huge improvement no matter what way you cut it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

Foxx92 wrote: »
    I missed it by 1. Was sickened. Still beat my PB by over two minutes so im delighted to have broken 40.

Well done on going sub 40 and getting the PB. 1 second of a t-shirt - OUCH! Next year! Great running though. Fair play

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭mrak

Great great race. I couldn't believe my time - not training much and I thought I was at least a minute off what I ended up with (34:49). Hard to judge but I think the new course has made it a bit faster than before. I used to think it was a fair 10k course - now I think it's a fast one.

tunguska: hard luck on the injury but as you know it's a minor blimp as long as you don't rush back. You'll break 34 in the fields next year (disclaimer: you may not actually break 34, terms and conditions apply).

pgibbo: good job on the time and if I had a :59 on my chip that would be the time I'd quote too. :)

Those wot missed the t-shirt: it's a great T-Shirt - for some reason I think the standard to get one this year was weirdly higher than normal so don't be too disappointed (weirdly because of the reschedules.. I thought we'd have a lower std race).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

mrak wrote: »
    Great great race. I couldn't believe my time - not training much and I thought I was at least a minute off what I ended up with (34:49). Hard to judge but I think the new course has made it a bit faster than before. I used to think it was a fair 10k course - now I think it's a fast one.

good to see your back and flying again mrak, i take it the injury is gone?

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭mrak

kennyb3 wrote: »
    good to see your back and flying again mrak, i take it the injury is gone?
    Touch wood!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

mrak wrote: »
    tunguska: hard luck on the injury but as you know it's a minor blimp as long as you don't rush back. You'll break 34 in the fields next year (disclaimer: you may not actually break 34, terms and conditions apply).
    QUOTE]

Thanks mrak, youre right of course, rushing back would be foolish. Although when it comes to running I cant exactly claim to be the most sensible lad around.

• Advertisement
Advertisement