Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

AUDI A5 Sportback

Options
13»

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Had a good look at this over the weekend. Dissapointed is the word. I'm a big audi fan but the A4/A5 was ruled out for me pretty much straight away with the ridiculous driving position and offset pedals. I was hoping they might have done something about it but it's the exact same. Can't understand how a company like audi could get the right hand drive cars so wrong, they really don't seem to have cared at all. The left hand drive A4 I drove didn't have the issue at all.

Basically my impressions of the A5 sportback were that it's a great looking, really practical 4 seater. If I was looking at an A4 I'd jump to this in a heartbeat. However all it has going for it over the A4 is the looks, it's pretty much identical inside and personally I couldn't tell any difference in handling.

I didn't think it was as bad as whatcar have made out in their review (putting it 4th in a comparison test with a 3 series M sport, a C class and the Passat CC), but it was a bit of a let down apart from the looks.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

If I was buying an Audi, this would not be in my preferred list.

For a 4/5 door, I'd have the A4 Avant any day unless I could afford the A6 Avant and why would you want a 4 door equivalent of the A5? Beggers belief..!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭VolvoMan

I think Audi are doing far too much BMW chasing these days. Granted, they may shifting more volume these days than the Bavarian brand, but gone are the days of classy, understated and high quality cars like the B6 A4 with niche monstrosities like this in their place.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,917 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Alright, alright, we get it!
    You have a problem with Audis! Get over it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭bazzachazza

broken-record.jpg

Another day another anti Audi rant.:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

I took a quick look at one of the demo's in Belgard motors on Friday. It looks better in the flesh, but I wasnt too pushed on the big upgraded wheels that came with, or the colour.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Having seen and driven both the A5 Sportback and Coupe, I can honestly say the Sportback is a stunning looking car and what a drive! Yes the A6 is bigger (and IMO blander) and the A4 is probably similar styling but smaller.

The A5 is really distinctive and yes we're going for metal black. Another test drive on Sat and then it's decision time!! Would be hard to come off the Sportback at this point.

Roll on 2010!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

Having seen and driven both the A5 Sportback and Coupe, I can honestly say the Sportback is a stunning looking car and what a drive! Yes the A6 is bigger (and IMO blander) and the A4 is probably similar styling but smaller.

The A5 is really distinctive and yes we're going for metal black. Another test drive on Sat and then it's decision time!! Would be hard to come off the Sportback at this point.

Roll on 2010!!

Thought so. :)

Any updates Sonnen?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

Actually, we delivered a 2.0TDi 170bhp Multitronic on Friday, and I must say it drives nicer than the equivilent A6. Looks nicer too - the sportback shape has really grown on me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭AugustusMaximus

For the life of me, I can't understand how people could prefer the Sportsback to the A5.

A5 is much better proportioned.

• Advertisement
Advertisement