Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any pro ever caught cheating?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

I once cheated on my girlfriend when i was 16, does that count?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭actuallylike

The-Rigger wrote: »
    I'm sure there was more to do it than that.
    It could be a miss click, timeout or Lloyd.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/21380303#21380303

• Registered Users Posts: 2,135 ✭✭✭POINTBREAK

Flushdraw wrote: »
    LOL at the poker is rigged scaremongeringing! Sure UB sponsor Phil the Helmet so he wouldn't associate himself with this crowd if that was the case.

I didnt say poker is rigged. I play myself on Pokerstars and sometimes Ladbrokes. On Stars my profit over 5 years is over $40k dollars mainly due to a 4th place in the Sunday Warm Up 35k and a win in the what was 50k gtd last year for $18.5k.
    The UB scandal clearly showed cheating. Check the 2+2 forum or even the ordinary media. It is widely reported and not the stuff of conspirosy sites. AbsoluteBet under the same ownership is also involved.

The Reporter who broke this story had anaylised the big winning players and showed that it was mathematically impossible for any player or series of players to win so much money over the amount of time. That was when the alarm bells rang.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

POINTBREAK wrote: »
    I didnt say poker is rigged. I play myself on Pokerstars and sometimes Ladbrokes. On Stars my profit over 5 years is over $40k dollars mainly due to a 4th place in the Sunday Warm Up 35k and a win in the what was 50k gtd last year for $18.5k.
    The UB scandal clearly showed cheating. Check the 2+2 forum or even the ordinary media. It is widely reported and not the stuff of conspirosy sites. AbsoluteBet under the same ownership is also involved.

Well Pokerstars is rigged anyways. I was playing last night i got myself 2 aces. 5 limpers, i minraise and they all call. the 3 cards come out 345. I bet, they all call. The 4th card is a king. I bet, 4 of them call. The end card is another Ace, I put all my chips in and 1 of them has 72 not suited LOL.

Maybe they use that cheating software aswel, but i'm never going to play on jokerstars again. Its a joke

• Advertisement

Well Pokerstars is rigged anyways. I was playing last night i got myself 2 aces. 5 limpers, i minraise and they all call. the 3 cards come out 345. I bet, they all call. The 4th card is a king. I bet, 4 of them call. The end card is another Ace, I put all my chips in and 1 of them has 72 not suited LOL.

Maybe they use that cheating software aswel, but i'm never going to play on jokerstars again. Its a joke

Its not them. You played the hand wrong. Ace Ace isnt even favourite against 5 random hands. The whole theory is to eliminate the limpers with a big bet and get a heads up where you are a massive favourite.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

The Reporter who broke this story had anaylised the big winning players and showed that it was mathematically impossible for any player or series of players to win so much money over the amount of time. That was when the alarm bells rang.

Look you can't rely on maths all the time for everything. I'm more of a feel player anyway.
    There isa huge degree of luck in poker as well as skill, and to be acusing people of cheating just becasue they have a better winrate is sore grapes imo.

Its not them. You played the hand wrong. Ace Ace isnt even favourite against 5 random hands. The whole theory is to eliminate the limpers with a big bet and get a heads up where you are a massive favourite.

But i dont want to raise and scare the fishes away? So you are saying that 72 is favourite over Ace Ace when there is about 5 players?

Yeah but do you think the donkey with the 72 knew the ace was coming? I can get away from the hand if the Ace isnt the last card, but its the only card that lets the donkey win, and to make me pay him off. I probably would have folded if the river was a 6.

Plus there was like a 10 second pause before the last card aswel. Double LOL

Look you can't rely on maths all the time for everything. I'm more of a feel player anyway.
    There isa huge degree of luck in poker as well as skill, and to be acusing people of cheating just becasue they have a better winrate is sore grapes imo.

I think math is idiotic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭DAMO72

I think math is idiotic
    I think tony fell on his funny bone and cant stop now

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭Paul Spillane

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhHUt1GkJf8

couldnt find the one where he cheats with the cup of black coffee which is one of the simplest and most ingenious i have seen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Whyno

Whats a super user :confused:
    Is it someone who dresses up as super man and plays poker online :pac:

People were accused of cheating and proven to be cheats because of the maths. The reporter worked out that it was mathematically impossible for a series of players to win so much over so long a time.
    Maths is an integral part of poker and the basic theory is to try and always be getting the correct odds for a call or raise.

But i dont want to raise and scare the fishes away? So you are saying that 72 is favourite over Ace Ace when there is about 5 players?

Yeah but do you think the donkey with the 72 knew the ace was coming? I can get away from the hand if the Ace isnt the last card, but its the only card that lets the donkey win, and to make me pay him off. I probably would have folded if the river was a 6.

Plus there was like a 10 second pause before the last card aswel. Double LOL

You should get yourself a book. Super Systems 1 and 2 are both good. If there are 4 or 5 players in the pot, the 7/2 made the correct play based on pot odds and implied pot odds. After the flop he was still entitled to call with his double gut shot because he was a 32% chance to improve to the virtual nuts.

You should get yourself a book. Super Systems 1 and 2 are both good. If there are 4 or 5 players in the pot, the 7/2 made the correct play based on pot odds and implied pot odds. After the flop he was still entitled to call with his double gut shot because he was a 32% chance to improve to the virtual nuts.

Might get a book, but i'm afraid that it will take away from what i know already. If everyone is reading super system, does this not mean that everyone is playing the same way, and then if wont be easy to beat them becasue they will know, that i know, that they know etc? Surely though with my style, i'll have an edge, no?

Whats a double gut shot? He has an opened ender does he not?

Maybe i should have raised 3 big blinds so he wont have the odds to call. Me, i would just throw away 72 whatever the raise is to me

Might get a book, but i'm afraid that it will take away from what i know already. If everyone is reading super system, does this not mean that everyone is playing the same way, and then if wont be easy to beat them becasue they will know, that i know, that they know etc? Surely though with my style, i'll have an edge, no?

Whats a double gut shot? He has an opened ender does he not?

Maybe i should have raised 3 big blinds so he wont have the odds to call. Me, i would just throw away 72 whatever the raise is to me

Most people dont read the books because admitting that you can learn more at poker than you already know is like admitting that you are bad at sex. With your style at the minute you are making it more difficult for you to win. A 3 or 4 BB raise would have eliminated the 7/2 and the rest of the rag hands and that is what you need to do so you can make a read on what the player or players left in the pot are likely to have. If you let people limp all the time you will never know where you are after the flop. The general rule is dont lose your money in an unraised pot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Whyno

Sure super System was probably wrote by some old fairy who never won nathin????
    I think Flushdraw should write a book on how to play d Aces the right way cos he played em perfect in that hand.Aces always lose online anyway cos its rigged.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭DeadParrot

I think it was written by Tex Brunson or something.
    Him and Armadillo Slim were mates who used to play cards in the old West

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭pgodkin

this thred WTF????

Most people dont read the books because admitting that you can learn more at poker than you already know is like admitting that you are bad at sex. With your style at the minute you are making it more difficult for you to win. A 3 or 4 BB raise would have eliminated the 7/2 and the rest of the rag hands and that is what you need to do so you can make a read on what the player or players left in the pot are likely to have. If you let people limp all the time you will never know where you are after the flop. The general rule is dont lose your money in an unraised pot.

Well i have a few books on sex, but when i bought Hustler, i thought it was about the pokers! I dont mind admitting that i need to learn more (talking about poker now, not sex :))

I just dont see why you should want to raise more and get rag hands to fold. Surely i want them to call when i'm holding American Airlines? I think i'll go back to playing switch. If only i can get them to understand that jack back before it reverses and you cant finish on a double!

• Advertisement

Whyno wrote: »
    I think Flushdraw should write a book on how to play d Aces the right way cos he played em perfect in that hand.Aces always lose online anyway cos its rigged.

Was thinking about theory when you said that. Here's a little rule of thumb for when playing Aces.

If they are 2 red aces - raisy daisy
    If they are 2 black aces - limp trap a gimp
    It you have one of each - allin

If there is 1 limper, wait 10 seconds before you make your move. If there is 2 limpers wait 20 seconds etc.

If you are in early position add on 3 seconds per limper. If you are in late position take off 3 seconds per limper.

Do worry about the blinds, always go with your instict. When the flop comes, never fold because they will never put you on aces. Its a trap, and will be pushing with worse hands thinking you limped with 93 off suit (limp with 93o, 47o etc and show some of these).

This will give you an image where players cant figure you out.

If anyone is looking to swap some percentages for the International poker open, send me a PM. Looking to trade some of myself.

Will swap my 7% for your 10%.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭Lurker1977

Enter the biggest glitch of all, courtesy of Nat Arem, the rogue investigator/poker player who was a key figure in breaking the Absolute Poker scandal wide open.

lol

I remember seeing a video (forget where) of an online cheat who could see all cards. He or she got caught when he was raised pre flop and folded even though he had kings (The raiser had aces)

Why would he raise preflop if he knew somebody else had Aces :confused:

Ahhh but how much did you lose?????

Confirmed Rigged. FACT

My profit on Pokerstars is over 40k. That is profit not winnings.

I also won A Cruise on Ladbrokes round Europe and A Trip to the Aussie Millions which I swopped for a Cruise round the Carribean. I won a trip to the World Heads Up in Barcelona with VC and got a freebie to St Kitts with William Hill where I won their Freeroll and got $1000. I got to a final table in Cork in a biggish tournament and got 2500 for 9th. I also won a 20k Tournament in Belfast and got 12k. I came 2nd in the same tournament the following month and got 8k........... so reading the books works for me.

DeadParrot wrote: »
    I think it was written by Tex Brunson or something.
    Him and Armadillo Slim were mates who used to play cards in the old West
    It was written by Doyle Brunsen who brought in other Pros to give expert opinion on how to play Omaha Razz Stud hilo etc.

Well i have a few books on sex, but when i bought Hustler, i thought it was about the pokers! I dont mind admitting that i need to learn more (talking about poker now, not sex :))

I just dont see why you should want to raise more and get rag hands to fold. Surely i want them to call when i'm holding American Airlines? I think i'll go back to playing switch. If only i can get them to understand that jack back before it reverses and you cant finish on a double!

You want to raise to get heads up and be a huge favourite. 5 players with any random selection of cards will beat you most of the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭gorrrr72

I suspect that Pointbreak is a new bot that became "aware". And is now trawling through the poker forums infiltrating the pc's and laptops of online poker players.

I also won A Cruise on Ladbrokes round Europe and A Trip to the Aussie Millions which I swopped for a Cruise round the Carribean. I won a trip to the World Heads Up in Barcelona with VC and got a freebie to St Kitts with William Hill where I won their Freeroll and got $1000. I got to a final table in Cork in a biggish tournament and got 2500 for 9th. I also won a 20k Tournament in Belfast and got 12k. I came 2nd in the same tournament the following month and got 8k........... so reading the books works for me.

Well i finished 6th the company €10 rebuy in 2006 and got a box of roses, so not reading books is working for me ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭DeadParrot

It was written by Doyle Brunsen who brought in other Pros to give expert opinion on how to play Omaha Razz Stud hilo etc.

His name is DOYLE???
    That's a tell, I call

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭Lurker1977

So you never lost?
    I also won a 20k Tournament in Belfast and got 12k.

What happened to the other 8k??? I think somebody is making this up. Shur I could just as easily say that I won a small island off the coast of Narnia on Cool Hand Poker, which is a great site btw and I would urge you all to play on it. There are NO cheats, pros or hustlers there.

Advertisement