Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin: Sundays 6pm pickup game, all welcome!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭shivvyban

good luck, hope ya get the part.

and eh what is they say in showbiz................break a leg!
    but you already did that ;)

Its not broken, its only a tad wonky! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭nialo

im doubtful about been around.. will be in donegal and might make it back wont know till sunday evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Not sure if I will make it, working that evening, but might be able to rearrange.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭villains77

shivvyban wrote: »
    A one act play for a theatre festival in september but its a really great story and I REALLY want the part I'm going for....... :o
    best of luck on sudnay with the audition.

there a slight chance my ferry (if i make it as you know what the london trains are like on sunday service) will be in at 5.25 so might pop down and support you all. might pack a pair of shorts and come on for a bit of a game depends on how knackered i be train leaving euston at 8.15 :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Vinnie K

Ill be there, think ive finally recovered after last weekend :) Dave will be down aswell.

• Advertisement

Vinnie K wrote: »
    Ill be there, think ive finally recovered after last weekend :) Dave will be down aswell.

Its so nice that you two do things as a couple

how did sunday go?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

nialo wrote: »
    how did sunday go?

Was fun, only 7 players though, seem to have lost a few regular players over Easter.

Wreck wrote: »
    Was fun, only 7 players though, seem to have lost a few regular players over Easter.
    By the time i got to town it was wel after 6 and was knackered after been up at 6 to get the train bk to holyhead , great weekend all the same should be back on sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 5,881 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

What do yis do when you're short numbers, play three-on-three half court?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭Focalbhach

I was kicking my heels on a bus back from the weekend in Belfast at that stage, unfortunately - be back in action this week though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭General Zod

As this is the most active thread, I've a question. When does the season start again? I used to play in college and have been looking to get back into playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

WHIP IT! wrote: »
    What do yis do when you're short numbers, play three-on-three half court?

We ended up playing 3 on 4 full court (much to Laf's dismay), was a good run out.
    As this is the most active thread, I've a question. When does the season start again? I used to play in college and have been looking to get back into playing.

Season starts in September I think, if you want to get back into it before then feel free to come down on Sundays.

Mixed basketball 6.00 pm
    All fitness & skill levels welcome

This Sunday 17th April at the Sportsco Gym in Ringsend, 6pm – 7pm
    No 2&3 bus from O’Connell st or a 25min walk from Dublin city centre

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Judomad

Mixed basketball 6.00 pm Today

today??? u posted that yesterday which makes it a tuesday night game missus.................FAIL.... :)

Judomad wrote: »
    today??? u posted that yesterday which makes it a tuesday night game missus.................FAIL.... :)

Mixed basketball 6.00 pm

Ooopsies!!! Thanks Gary! :P

I can't wait to play again... I probably won't play this Sunday either due to how much my flipping leg swelled up last Sunday! :( It feels like being stabbed when I walk... yay!! :(:(

Mixed basketball 6.00 pm

hope to be down sunday at some stage. have a champiosnhip game sunday not sure if its home or away but will head from the game to sportsco. see you all then.

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭Focalbhach

Leto wrote: »
    I was kicking my heels on a bus back from the weekend in Belfast at that stage, unfortunately - be back in action this week though.

Just realised that I've left my runners at work, therefore no running for me this weekend either :mad:

I'll be along... undecided if I'll play or not... :(

• Advertisement

sorry i couldnt make it, had a championship mathc on sunday and we won so went to celebrate with the team. heading over for match the weekend so defo wont be around, should make the sunday after. where we can all head for a quick bday pint after :)

Any games knockin about this Wed evening people?

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Da GOAT

not that i know. think u need to organise something ;)

Da GOAT wrote: »
    not that i know. think u need to organise something ;)

Think ye could be right!

WHIP IT! wrote: »
    Think ye could be right!

Nope, there's one on just behind the IFSC at 7pm. Me and some of the guys on this thread go to it. Its on in the St. LAurence O'Toole hall... If you're not sure where that is, send me a pm and we could meet you at Connolly. A few of us meet there and walk down then. :)

Mixed basketball 6.00 pm
    This Sunday 25th April at the Sportsco Gym in Ringsend, 6pm – 7pm

Nope, there's one on just behind the IFSC at 7pm. Me and some of the guys on this thread go to it. Its on in the St. LAurence O'Toole hall... If you're not sure where that is, send me a pm and we could meet you at Connolly. A few of us meet there and walk down then. :)

Thanks Shiv, but this one is full up, I'm told... so I'm just waitin for one of you lot to drop out and i'll POUNCE! and start knockin down Js like Eddie 'The King' Farooq and Duck Johnson!* :)

* I can't back any of this up, I have a horrible jump-shot!

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Eddie-B

only just found this thread its a great idea, aint played in a year and looking for a nice way to come back in. can i ask what is generally the skill level and intensity?

its a fantastic idea by the way, has it been popular? whats sportsco like?

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Da GOAT

is there parking in sportsco?

• Advertisement

yup..

Advertisement