Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

- Ezekiel Jackson's profile on wwe.com has been switched from ECW to SmackDown thus making him a SmackDown superstar

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

dont know what the source is but i saw this in the WM thread and thought people might find it interesting. Plus even with no source the title includes rumours. I left the spoiler on but it doesent actually give away any match results or anything
    - Multiple WWE sources are reporting that Vince McMahon has decided to go a different direction with the Bret Hart storyline and WrestleMania. Believe it or not, the plan as of this weekend was for Bret to win the WWE Title at WrestleMania.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

dont know what the source is but i saw this in the WM thread and thought people might find it interesting. Plus even with no source the title includes rumours. I left the spoiler on but it doesent actually give away any match results or anything

There are not enough :eek:s in the world for that rumour.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

now that would be class

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

LOL I dont know if that would be the greatest thing ever or possibly the worst.

• Advertisement

i know its something i posted your replying to but please notice th ***NO CHAT*** in the thread title if you think that mad rumour is worth a thread start one or slap it in the bret hart SOTW thread

• Registered Users Posts: 85,087 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

New World Heavyweight Champion Chris Jericho wrote the following on Twitter last night after his big win:

" Wow, World Champion for the sixth time. This could never happen in TNA!" and "At least one Canadian won a big match up tonight..."

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Manic087

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    New World Heavyweight Champion Chris Jericho wrote the following on Twitter last night after his big win:

" Wow, World Champion for the sixth time. This could never happen in TNA!" and "At least one Canadian won a big match up tonight..."

Who do you reckon that's a pop at??

im not heavy handed as a mod at all but infractions will be given if people dont read thread titles, OPs or prior warnings

Ric Flair's wife Jacqueline Beems was arrested last night and has been released from jail, according to North Carolina's WISTV.com.

The article states that TNA star Ric Flair suffered minor injuries when he was allegedly assaulted by Beems late Sunday night at his home in Charlotte, N.C.

Beems was charged with assault using "personal weapons such as hands, feet, and teeth."

• Advertisement

- While nothing is finalized, The Figure Four Weekly Newsletter is reporting that WWE Hall of Famer "Stone Cold" Steve Austin could end up as the final guest host of Monday Night Raw on March 15 in San Diego, CA. The original plan in WWE was to end the guest host angle at WrestleMania, however there has been talk of extending it with TNA moving to Monday night's starting on March 8. Austin is the last guest host listed by WWE as nothing has been announced for the March 22 show, the final Raw before WrestleMania

- According to the official website for The Richmond Coliseum, the three-hour WWE Monday Night Raw on April 26 in Richmond, VA will feature the 2010 WWE Draft featuring stars from Raw and Smackdown.

- The March 8th Impact is set to air from 9 to 11:08PM ET, thus slated for an eight minute overrun. The 3/8 Impact marks the move to Monday nights to run head to head with Raw. TNA Epics is scheduled to air after Impact.

- Robert Zimmerman, a spokesman for WWE, issued the following statement to the River Front Times in St. Louis regarding the pyro mishap with The Undertaker at last night's Elimination Chamber PPV.

"(It was) a mistiming with the pyrotechnics. Thank God he was fine. It basically amounted to a sunburn. It wasn't over a large area of his body, just a short area, just a little bit on his chest. I haven't spoken to anyone to find out what was the cause, if it was timing, if there was something wrong with whatever. We have to go back and investigate and make a final determination."

• Registered Users Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭Degag

There was a small peice in The Star today about The Undertaker's accident. Apparently he suffered minor burns to his chest but avoided serious injury.

Guess we kind of knew that anyway....

- Despite of everything that has happened, WWE officials still want to re-sign Jeff Hardy and have him appear as a mystery participant in the MITB match at WM26. Obviously it will all depend on what happens with Jeff's upcoming trial, which begins on March 17th

- Credit: F4WOnline.com

DX is said to be done for the time being. The duo has been removed from the RAW opening video although Triple H and Shawn Michaels appear separately. Hornswoggle is also gone from the opener but it's believed they will end up finding something new for him because he's big with the younger fans.

- NoDQ.com > WWE > WWE hires a new creative writer
    Posted by Chris Kaufman on 02/24/2010 at 10:54 AM

Credit: F4WOnline.com

WWE has hired Joe Francosi for the creative team, a former producer for UPW and the man behind Mick Foley and Colt Cabana's comedy tour. WWE is looking for him a place to live in New York as he will be starting out on something like a trial basis.

During his interview with the company, Francosi actually suggested the "spoken word" segment that was done by RAW host William Shatner a few weeks back.

- Chris Jericho posted the following messages on his Twitter page:

"NXT was pretty cool. Daniel Bryan and Wade Barrett will be stars. However, Punks guy has the worst hair I've ever seen...."

Fan: "I think you were a little stiff with Daniel Bryan."

Jericho: "-awww did it upset u baby waby?"

• Registered Users Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Escobar interview

http://www.pwinsider.com/article/45401/the-former-eric-escobar-discusses-his-wwe-release-being-pulled-from-the-final-survivor-series-tna-vickie-guerrero-and-more.html?p=1

Former WWE superstar, Eric Escobar, joined the award-winning Monday Night Mayhem Radio Network for his first radio interview since parting ways with World Wrestling Entertainment at the mid-point of last month.
    During his entry into WWE television, he was aligned with SmackDown's official consultant, Vickie Guerrero, and with the success she had with her then on-air fiancee, Edge, on both SmackDown & RAW, many fans thought that this would be good for Escobar's WWE career, just as it was getting started. The storyline quickly flamed out however. Eric went on the record with The Big Mosh, Blade, & "The Chairman Of The Board" Todd Vincent to discuss his baptismal by fire on WWE television, along with why things ended up the way they did.

"To be quite honest, I'm still trying to figure that one out. It was a great opportunity working with Vickie; she's a classy lady, and I have nothing but respect for her. One of the things Vickie & I always asked each other was why were they rushing everything? It seemed like they were trying to rush everything on one week to the next; we had no story. The only story is that she went to Puerto Rico, she met you, and that was it. We wanted to build up some kind of a story -- like how did it happen/was I working in Puerto Rico/was she scouting talent? They never gave us an explanation on the whole thing. Then we started doing the vignettes, and Vince (McMahon) wanted me to be this ruthless, very intense, very intense Latino, and I said 'Cool, I have no problem with that.' But the people that were in charge of putting my matches together were telling me some other things, and I was like 'Who do I pay attention to?' Obviously I was going to pay attention to Vince, but at the same time, I have this guy in my ear telling me 'you have to do this,' so it was kinda' confusing at times. I think I did the best I could with what they were giving me to work with."

With such amazing stories like "The Straightedge Superstar" CM Punk & the current WWE Intercontinental Champion Drew McIntyre, there are unfortunately many young WWE talents over the years that have brought up too fast and not given the right opportunities to succeed. Escobar was in the WWE developmental system for four years (in Deep South Wrestling & Florida Championship Wrestling), so Eric was asked by The Mayhem Crew if he feels jaded in any way with the amount of time he spent working to get the call-up, only to be pushed aside so quickly, while others without the time spent working are getting their opportunities to shine.

"I think it's kinda' funny people are interested in me to be honest. I didn't think there were a while a lot of people who even knew I exist. I did put in my time, and I did get the training, but when I started in Puerto Rico, I was never a great wrestler. I was a great entertainer, but most importantly, I was obedient. If someone told me to do something, and you had 20, 30 years experience, I would listen. Some guys like Bill DeMott told me to do something; I didn't question him...I did it. I was in FCW, and all I kept hearing from agents, producers, & people in the WWE offices was that 'the time was not right.' I'm like 'four years, and the time has not been right."

At the WWE Bragging Rights Pay-Per-View this past October, Eric was supposed to be one of the talents featured in the main event match between RAW & SmackDown superstar, but the lineup for the SmackDown team was scrapped at the last minute, and Escobar, along with several other superstars were taken from the match. To this day, many have wondered the real reason why "the switch" was made, and Escobar gave his thoughts on his reaction to being pulled from the bout & what happened leading into the days of that event.

"To be completely honest, I missed out on that payday, and that really sucked & really pissed me off. To be honest, I don't know what happened. We get there at the show, and I'm talking to Dolph Ziggler & Drew McIntyre when Michael Hayes got all the guys together, and he said they we were losing our spots on the Pay-Per-View. And we looked at each other and I was like 'What the f*ck?' I'm looking at all the guys, and saying 'Who messed up here?,' and 'What happened?' He said it wasn't us, but that they looked at the team itself, and it looked weak. It was Jericho & Kane, and the rest of us guys, which made sense at the time, but at the same time, I thought it was the younger generation wave of younger talent. What better way to put us in the ring with Triple H, Shawn Michaels, Jericho, Big Show -- with all these superstars and make all of us at the same time. But they didn't see it that way, and apparently it was just that. That's what they told us, and I'm pretty sure the WWE has never lied to anyone before, so I'm gonna' leave you with that."

Two superstars Escobar had the chance to work extensively was former WWE Champion Sheamus & the aforementioned WWE IC Champion Drew McIntyre. Mosh asked Eric for his opinions on just how good they both really are, in lieu of some of the criticisms both have faced from critics.

"When it comes to Drew & Sheamus, apparently Drew was the "chosen one," since Vince saw him before he even debuted. When he first laid eyes on him, he saw it. He saw it and said 'He's gonna' be my future champion.' So Drew is the chosen one and he is very, very good. He's a good worker. Sheamus is very aggressive in the ring, very intense...sometimes a little too intense. This is supposed to be entertainment, and we are supposed to make it look real, but not make it real. As far as him being a great worker, let's just say they are putting him in the ring with the right people right now. I'm not saying he's a bad worker, but I'm saying he's not that good right now. He could be great in the future, but not right now. And they already gave him a good run, and that's great...he's made. All he has to do is follow the program, and he'll be great."

Whenever a superstar leaves World Wrestling Entertainment, it is almost virtually guaranteed that the rumors to TNA will begin. Has there been any conversations with TNA for Eric?

"The TNA product is very different; it's very cool. I watch it from time to time, and the guys have no problem tying to outdo each other in a match. I don't see anyone, apparently having problems with the politics because so & so is in the main event. If there's something to TNA, it's the fact I can communicate with both markets American & Latino markets. So I guess if Dixie Carter is looking for a gofer or something, but I did date Vickie Guerrero for a little bit...I'll date Dixie Carter."

More is contained in this exclusive interview with Eric Escobar, including his candid thoughts on if he would consider going back to World Wrestling Entertainment if the opportunity presented itself, the storyline idea he had for himself, Vickie Guerrero, & Edge (and why it never came to fruition), which superstars he spoke to for advice during his time in the WWE, his future plans for his return to Puerto Rico (and the World Wrestling Council), the differences between working in the United States & Puerto Rico, plus so much more!

For more, visit www.mondaynightmayhem.com.

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

Looks like Survivor Series is back on!

Dear WWE Affiliates,

As part of our continuing efforts to energize the WWE brand and the pay-per-view business, we are making a few branding changes to our 2010 pay-per-view calendar. Please note that event dates and venues will remain the same.

The branding changes are as follows:

· April pay-per-view will no longer be titled BACKLASH; it will instead be titled EXTREME RULES

· May pay-per-view will no longer be titled EXTREME RULES; it will instead be titled OVER THE LIMIT

· June pay-per-view will no longer be titled THE BASH; it will instead be title FATAL FOUR WAY

· July pay-per-view will be titled MONEY IN THE BANK

Please find below and attached the 2010 WWE pay-per-view calendar of our remaining events which reflect these branding changes (in bold):

WrestleMania XXVI
    Sunday, March 28, 2010
    Glendale, AZ
    University of Phoenix

Extreme Rules
    Sunday, April 25, 2010
    Baltimore, MD
    1st Mariner Arena

Over The Limit
    Sunday, May 23, 2010
    Detroit, MI
    Joe Louis Arena

Fatal Four Way
    Sunday, June 20, 2010
    Uniondale, NY
    Nassau Coliseum

Money In The Bank
    Sunday, July 18, 2010
    Kansas City, MO
    Sprint Center

SummerSlam
    Sunday, August 15, 2010
    Los Angeles, CA
    Staples Center

Night of Champions
    Sunday, September 19, 2010
    Chicago, IL
    Allstate Arena

Hell in the Cell
    Sunday, October 3, 2010
    Dallas, TX
    American Airlines Center

WWE Bragging Rights
    Sunday, October 24, 2010
    Minneapolis, MN
    Target Center

Survivor Series
    Sunday, November 21, 2010
    Miami, FL
    American Airlines Arena

WWE Tables, Ladders & Chairs
    Sunday, December 19, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Toyota Center

- The Wrestling Observer Newsletter reports that Triple H has been having problems with one of his quadriceps and may be scheduled to take time off after Wrestlemania. He isn't expected to miss any time right now, but could end up requiring a break this summer

- Former All Japan Pro Wrestling Joe Doering has agreed to a WWE developmental deal, reports the Wrestling Observer Newsletter. Doering, 27, has already reported to Florida Championship Wrestling in Tampa, FL. Doering was signed after a recent WWE try out. Doering was trained by Scott D'Amore, and is a former All Japan Tag Team champion with partner legend Keiji Muto (The Great Muta). Doering had worked for TNA in 2005.

- World Wrestling Entertainment has purchased the video library of California's Ultimate Pro Wrestling (UPW), reports the Wrestling Observer Newsletter. UPW was at one time a developmental WWE territory. The library gives WWE early footage of the likes of John Cena, Samoa Joe, Tara, The Miz, and Melina, among others.

- With ECW closing shop, WWE has assigned Goldust and former ECW commissioner Tiffany to the Smackdown roster, according to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter. They both worked Smackdown house shows over the weekend. Tiffany will be on Smackdown this week. Tiffany may have gotten Maria's spot on Smackdown since they are short on the babyface side of their Smackdown diva roster.

- This week's Raw scored a 3.7 cable rating, which is down from last week's 3.8 rating.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,087 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The following is an excerpt from a recent interview with TNA star Ken Anderson (Mr. Anderson) from Brian Fritz of AOL Fan House:

Question: Can you clear up one misconception because there was a lot of talk about when you left WWE and what exactly happened to make the company decide to give you your release. There was talk about a match with Randy Orton where afterwards he chewed you out. Can you explain what exactly happened?

Ken Anderson: First of all, I did not get injured in that last match. I know that a lot of people were saying that I had broken my wrist or something like that. I was holding my wrist because I had just got the snot pounded out of me for about ten minutes by five of the top guys in the company. I was just selling. Actually, my physical therapist called me the next day and she said 'did you re-injure your shoulder?' I said no and she was like you were holding your wrist and that's an indicator I guess for those people in that profession. That's something that they look for, for recurring shoulder injury is holding the wrist to immobilize the shoulder. He (Orton) told me to give him a belly-to-back suplex and I did and I thought everything was fine. I got to the back and he was holding his neck, saying that I dropped him on his head. He went to the back and lectured me about how I need to be safe and all this other stuff. He got three huge bags of ice – one on his neck, one on his left shoulder, one on his right shoulder. He got them all saran wrapped up, put his shirt back on and we walked to the locker room and he chewed me out the whole way there – calmly and quietly – but he told me that you need to be careful, blah blah blah. I felt bad about it because I didn't know. I hadn't seen the tape so I thought I really dropped him on his head. Then I went home and saw the tape and saw that he landed flat. If you slow the video tape down, his neck never comes into contact with the mat. So, I'll let you...you watch the tape and you let me know what you think. He landed flat as flat can be and then he went and complained to Vince (McMahon) and then (John) Cena went and complained to Vince and said that they didn't want to work with me anymore because I was dangerous and that is what ended up being the final straw. I wouldn't say that's what got me fired because there were so many other things before that. It was like they were looking for a reason to get rid of me.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

You can listen to/download Fritz's full interview with Ken Anderson on Betweentheropes.com, it's free, and a great weekly podcast. Brian Fritz is the main host/owner of BTR.

http://www.betweentheropes.com/content/view/1435/

- The rumor of the Raw guest host being finished seems to be untrue. WWE released another Raw guest host GM today. March 29, 2010: The cast of Hot Tub Time Machine
    The night after WrestleMania, step into the whirlpool for what is sure to be a hysterical night as the cast of the film Hot Tub Time Machine guest hosts Monday Night Raw. In the aftermath of the biggest event of the year, the cast, including Rob Cordry and Clark Duke, will surely keep everyone laughing and step back in time to revisit the events of the previous night at WrestleMania.

- This week's WWE NXT drew a 1.2 cable rating. This is down slightly from last week's 1.3 rating.

- Wrestling legend Angelo Poffo has passed away at the age of 84. He was found dead in his sleep this morning. Poffo is the father of pro wrestlers Randy Savage and Lanny Poffo.

- One year after posing for Playboy, TNA has released knockout Tracy Brooks, reports PWInsider. Brooks had been with TNA since 2003.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

Rob Van Dam has signed with TNA;
    TNA_FANS: HULK HOGAN confirms "Mr. Monday Night" RVD has signed with TNA Wrestling! http://bit.ly/cZ9HmKSPIKE_TV"

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/article/confirmed-rob-van-dam-signs-with-tna-wrestling-97531

• Advertisement

According to WWE Diva Mickie James' Twitter page, Mickie underwent two surgeries, one on Monday and the other on Thursday. In her update, Mickie also included a picture of her right leg.

"Sorry I've been mia the last few days James Gang! Fact is your leader has taken a bad hit. Surgery Monday & today."

Stephanie McMahon is pregnant with her 3rd child. Linda McMahon confirmed the news on her twitter last night. Somebody asked Linda if the news about Steph being pregnant was true and McMahon tweeted "yes it's true and the family is very excited."

Congrats to Stephanie and Triple H on the news :):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

According to WWE's Q1 2010 performance report, the 2010 Royal Rumble garnered approximate 462,000 pay-per-view buys. This figure is up from last year's show, which drew 450,000 buys.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Higher than that according to PW Torch....

http://pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/WWE_News_3/article_39614.shtml
    WWE's Royal Rumble PPV in January drew 490,000 buys according to WWE's early estimate released earlier this week.

The estimate is already ahead of last year's final total of 450,000 buys. The 2010 version is behind the 2008 version, though, and even with the 2007 version.

-- 2007 Rumble: 491,000 buys (there was also the New Year's Revolution PPV in January, which drew 220,000 buys).

-- 2008 Rumble: 533,000 buys featuring the John Cena surprise return and the well-promoted Randy Orton vs. Jeff Hardy WWE Tile match.

-- 2009 Rumble: 450,000 buys during one of the worst economic environments in recent U.S. and world history.

-- 2010 Rumble: 490,000 buys early estimate featuring the Shawn Michaels quest and Edge surprise return.

Caldwell's Analysis: The 2010 PPV might turn out to be the highest-grossing Rumble of the past four years with the PPV price increase domestically. It also depends on the domestic/international PPV buy mix, which WWE will disclose in Mayish during their first quarter earnings report.

The word making the rounds over the weekend is that the Bischoff-Hervey Entertainment midget wrestling reality project featuring talents from Micro Championship Wrestling had a budget upwards of $110,000.
    They filmed a ton of footage all week in Florida, finally finishing tonight. Hulk Hogan appeared last night and was filmed for the project making a cameo at the Dallas Bull nightclub in Tampa, FL.

As PWInsider.com broke earlier this week, TruTV is the network behind the project.

Here's the upcoming Raw guest GM schedule:
    March 8, 2010: Criss Angel
    Raw will quite possibly blow your mind only three weeks before WrestleMania as the “mindfreak” himself, Criss Angel, hosts Raw from Portland, Ore.

Criss Angel is more than your average illusionist. In addition to his hit show Mindfreak, Angel has teamed with Cirque du Soleil to take magic to a new, introspective and psychological level with “Believe” in Las Vegas.

March 15, 2010: "Stone Cold" Steve Austin
    Less than two weeks before WrestleMania XXVI, WWE Hall of Famer "Stone Cold" Steve Austin hosts Raw on March 15. The WWE Universe should certainly mark their calendars for the legendary Rattlesnake's return, as it is sure to turn WWE’s flagship show upside down. Though it’s uncertain what will happen when Stone Cold takes his place at the head of Raw for one night only, there's no doubt that he'll be looked at as one of Raw’s most controversial special guest hosts.

March 22, 2010: Pete Rose
    With only one week to go until WrestleMania, WWE Hall of Famer Pete Rose, one of the most controversial figures in sports, will be the guest host of Monday Night Raw live from San Jose, Calif.

Major League Baseball’s all-time hits leader will be looking to knock one out of the park as the biggest night of the year is only days away. Rose is no stranger to WrestleMania. He appeared at WrestleMania XIV, WrestleMania XV and WrestleMania 2000 and each time had a run-in with Kane. Might SmackDown’s Big Red Monster make his way to Raw just for another confrontation with his long-time nemesis?

What last minute impact might the legendary slugger have before WrestleMania?

March 29, 2010: The cast of Hot Tub Time Machine
    The night after WrestleMania, step into the whirlpool for what is sure to be a hysterical night as the cast of the film Hot Tub Time Machine guest hosts Monday Night Raw. In the aftermath of the biggest event of the year, the cast, including Rob Corddry and Clark Duke, will surely keep everyone laughing and step back in time to revisit the events of the previous night at WrestleMania.

April 12, 2010: David Hasselhoff
    When Raw hops the pond and crashes London a week after WrestleMania, David Hasselhoff promises to host a jolly, good show. An accomplished actor and international singing sensation, "The Hoff" will take a break from his European tour to belt out the praises of WWE.

Source: http://pwtorch.com/

WWE announcer Jim Ross interestingly says he doesn't expect WWE to put him back on TV as a full-time announcer. Ross also says he doesn't anticipate going back on the road for the 51 weeks of required travel as a WWE TV announcer.

Ross responded to a fan question on jrsbarbq.com about the possibility of him being paired with Jerry Lawler again on Raw, which Ross shot down.

"I don't think that WWE is interested in putting me back on weekly TV and all the travel that comes along with it at this time," Ross said. "Would I love to work with King again? Certainly. Is this my call? Nope. Do I think that I will ever be paired with Lawler again on a regular basis? Highly unlikely."

Source: http://pwpix.net/

- It looks like Bret Hart will be sticking around with WWE after WrestleMania. He is currently being advertised for the WWE tour of Germany after WrestleMania as a special enforcer in the main events of Edge vs. Chris Jericho for the World Heavyweight Title.

Credit: F4WOnline.com

As noted earlier, there was an unconfirmed report that The Iron Sheik was arrested last week after behaving badly on a flight. Mike Aldren says that, according to Sheik's rep, he was not arrested. Jim Ross made mention about the incident on his website and Twitter last week.

JR wrote on his blog: "Small world....an old friend of mine was on a flight from Vegas to Atlanta this week and was seated on the same row, row 10, with a reportedly rowdy Iron Sheik. My friend, who is not in the wrestling biz, sent me a few text messages describing the scene which apparently was a little wild. It's hard to believe that when I first met the Iron Sheik that he was quiet, weighed about 195 pounds or so, had hair, and was then a regular traveling partier with Danny Hodge."

Ross later wrote the following on Twitter: "Friend called from Vegas airport boarding flt 2 Atl. It was loud & noisy. Reason: Iron Sheik was boarding! Maybe 2 many jabroni's" and "My friend called me and Sheik got met by PO-leese @ ATL airport. Ouch, Daddy."

- WWE Diva Melina is reportedly back walking after getting surgery to repair a torn ACL in January reports The Wrestling Observer Newsletter. She is said to be targeting a July return.

- John S. Hill 68, of Franklin, Indiana, world wide professional championship wrestler of 19 championship titles passed away Thursday, March 11, 2010.

Mr Hill, wrestled under the name "Gentleman" Jerry Valiant and was WWWF Tag Champs with his wrestling brothers, Jimmy and Johnny Valiant.

Survivors include wife, Carolyn F. Hill; son, Jonathan S. Hill; brothers, Clarence Hill, James Hill, and George Hill; sisters, Margaret Butler, and Betty Elliott.

Visitation will be Sunday, March 14 from 3 p.m. until 7 p.m. in Swartz Family Community Mortuary and Memorial Center, 300 South U.S. 31 in Franklin. Online condolences may be sent to the family at www.swartzmortuary.com. Information: 317-738-0202.

credit: 3/13/2010 Indianapolis Star

Jim Ross announced this afternoon on his website that he had signed another short term contract extension with WWE as they continue to negotiate a new long-term agreement.

Ross wrote, "I will be signing another contract extension this week with WWE to allow us to get past WrestleMania and to give us more time to finalize our newest agreement which will hopefully see me remaining with WWE for the long term future. At least, that's the goal for all involved."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Mick Foley was on the daily show with John Stewart on More4 earlier on tonight,was wearing a TNA shirt under his usual hobo like clothes,he was comparing pro-wrestling with politics and cut funny promos as both a face and a heel politician then chased stewart out of the studio,was pretty good!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement