Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mother gets 6 years for drink driving causing death

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭dyl10

I actually became angry watching this on the news.
    Stupid fcuking system, I wish they served her 20 years inside.
    Drunk driving on a suspended licence killing two kids, I had more respect for the scissor sisters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

nahm!

its catching on! :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 eamo88

some very ignorant comments about this story. clearly not murder. without knowing the woman in question how could you possibly know the effect this has had on her. obviously she shouldn't have drank and drove with children in the car but i would say its morre likely than not that she has suffered most. who knows how much she loved her child and i feel sorry for her

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

eamo88 wrote: »
    some very ignorant comments about this story. clearly not murder. without knowing the woman in question how could you possibly know the effect this has had on her. obviously she shouldn't have drank and drove with children in the car but i would say its morre likely than not that she has suffered most. who knows how much she loved her child and i feel sorry for her

She suffered more than the kids that were killed or injured? I couldnt care less what effect it had on her, I know what effect it had on those kids.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

who knows how much she loved her child

I do.

Not enough.

• Advertisement

sorry suffered most is wrong. meant she has probably suffered a lot

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭dyl10

sorry suffered most is wrong. meant she has probably suffered a lot

I'm sure she has and will suffer a lot more, but seeing as guilt is a natural human reaction, don't most killers?

the judge made a point of describing her as a 'good mother'. unusual for a judge to make such a comment in those circumstances. an action bad as it was doesn't make her murderer as was suggested

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

the judge made a point of describing her as a 'good mother'. unusual for a judge to make such a comment in those circumstances. an action bad as it was doesn't make her murderer as was suggested

It would in some US states.

Here.

its not america. im sure equally there would be other jurisdictions that would prehaps take more account of the loss she has suffered although admittedlty through her own fault

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

I met this woman a couple of times, she lived next door to one of my mates. Crazy bitch, drunk at all hours of the day.. Gorgeous little kids too..
    Ironically, she had been dry for a couple of months before the crash. My mate said the funeral was the saddest thing she has seen - as the Mother was totally ignored and not one person apparently comforted her..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

Hypothetically speaking, lets just imagine for one second that it was a man that did this? Would he get six years? (realistically 2.5 - 3) would he get sympathy? Would he have already suffered enough? I could nearly guarantee he would get a minimum of 15 to 20 years. Sickening case and she should have got more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭consultech

If a man did this the fúcking book would be fastballed at him.

i knew her too. she was mad in ways or more precisely she was an alcoholic. some people call it a disease. the kids were great and beautiful but fact is the mother had made them into great kids and she loved them a lot. a tragedy

if a father did this to one of his own he would have got a similiar sentence from the same judge. parents in the area knew them as lovely kids

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

What a horrifically sad case... :(

i knew her too. she was mad in ways or more precisely she was an alcoholic. some people call it a disease. the kids were great and beautiful but fact is the mother had made them into great kids and she loved them a lot. a tragedy

She was a selfish b!tch that killed her kids through her own selfishness. There are lots of alcoholics In Ireland and the majority of they would not do what she did.

She deserves to rot in hell.

It's tragedy that the poor kids weren't taken off her before all this happened.

She was an unfit mother.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

i hope at least she gets help in prison,, just to throw her in jail to rot and to come out in 4 years crazier than before puts others at risk of her, least she has a light at end of tunnel 4 years not a life time, its a long time behind bars though,, if the people most affected by her acts can forgive her eventually ,then shouldnt society too? not saying that they will forgive, but if:eek:

in hindsight they should have been taken off her but to say let her rot in hell is ignorant, unchristian etc etc. you only know what you read in an article so in all fairness you are speaking from ignorance. i know she was a good mother who hadn't drank for 6 months prior to this

in hindsight they should have been taken off her but to say let her rot in hell is ignorant, unchristian etc etc. you only know what you read in an article so in all fairness you are speaking from ignorance. i know she was a good mother who hadn't drank for 6 months prior to this

I can live with that, I'm not a christian. But eventhough I'm not a christian I do have morals, that sad excuse for a human being had none.

A "good mother" would have put her kids first or at least ensured they were out of harms way when she went on her binge.

She was a bad mother.

• Advertisement

when she drank she wasn't a good mother. drink effects people in different ways. good mother 95% of the time to clarify the point

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Meirleach

....She cannot under any definition be called a good mother. She made the decision to go out, she made the decision to drink, and she made the decision to try and drive whilst heavily drunk with a bunch of kids in the car.

She's a terrible mother, and should lose custody of those kids.

We can agree to disagree on your point of her being a good mother.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

She made a terrible mistake and lost one of her children as a result and has to live with that for the rest of her life.. It dosent matter if she got 6 or 20 years.. Her guilt and grief alone will be with her every day for the rest of her life...

i know her i know she was. simple as. the kids were good they were good because they were brought up to be good. nobody can excuse the act in question. it was a terrible thing to do. however i don't view one act or a few acts as constituting a bad person and again i know she is suffering massively

Advertisement