Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Dublin Accent

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭dobman88

Candie wrote: »
    Snobbery slammed into reverse there, but still snobbery.

Middle class people are real people too, and just as decent as any other demographic.

I said most are stuck up twats, not all. The few I've met have been some of the most unlikable people ever.

Yes, I know that statement makes me sound like a cu.nt but it is just my limited experiences.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

The Syth Cynty Dublin accent sickens my hole.

The real skangery Dublin accent I don't like. It can make the hottest girl very unattractive.

Used to go out with a girl who had a regular northside accent, nicest one imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭thee glitz

deccurley wrote: »
    The real skangery Dublin accent I don't like. It can make the hottest girl very unattractive.

Ah here...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭Legs.Eleven

The old school inner city Dublin accent might be my favourite accent of all. Think "Brenin's Bret. Taday's bret....taday!" Could listen to it for hours on end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭playedalive

The old school inner city Dublin accent might be my favourite accent of all. Think "Brenin's Bret. Taday's bret....taday!" Could listen to it for hours on end.

I love the old school Dublin accent. It's even better with old Dublin wit behind it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

Watch at home with the Healy Rae's on bog 3 for a half hour and the Dublin accent will sound like classical music to your ears.

I love the old school Dublin accent. It's even better with old Dublin wit behind it.

Absolutely agreed. I haven't come across wit like it anywhere else tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Could very well be the worst accent on the face off this planet

astonaidan wrote: »

There's more than one.

The Skanger Dublin accent is the worst accent I've ever heard. It is an absolute assault on the ears. Then again, so is the D4 accent - fake psuedo-American bull****. The normal Dublin accent is grand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭fartman

Not from dublin myself hate the accent love the people .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

There's more than one.

A lot more. Right now in my office, there are six people including me, five are Dubs, three Northsiders and two Southsiders, and none of us have the same accent at all and all sound nice to my ears.

And seriously, Drogheda is the worst accent in Ireland... it's even more rank then the Soot Efriken accent. Wood you like a maaaaaas baaaaa?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭Doctor Strange

thee glitz wrote: »
    Ah heyor...

FYP

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

m3llowship wrote: »
    Do you mean like throw?

I'm from Waterford and thats a big Waterford thing too!

There was this mad old woman who worked in the canteen in school who used to say..

"I dont care who trun tha, I just wanna know who trun tha"

Gas!

The waaherford accent has some strong similarities to the dublin accent, presumably due to dublin efforts to colonize the region :p

I think the waaherford accent is gas mind

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Which Dublin accent? There are about 8 of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,780 ✭✭✭Frank Lee Midere

Can someone definitively list the Dublin accents? Why 8. Why not 10?

Anyway the skanger accent is one of the worlds worst. I have no problem with D4. The enunciation of working class dubs is appalling. There is actually no way to understand an announcement at a train station.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

astonaidan wrote: »

no that's Donegal or any border/Northern county.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

Anyway the skanger accent is one of the worlds worst. I have no problem with D4. The enunciation of working class dubs is appalling. There is actually no way to understand an announcement at a train station.

This is applicable to every train station in the world.

The Wicklow accent has a certain WTF to it also.

krudler wrote: »

Donegal is a much less harsh accent. Also they are much better at pronouncing the th.

bumper234 wrote: »
    This is applicable to every train station in .

No it's not. I understand everything in England. It's not the PA but the accent. The slurring.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

krudler wrote: »
    Come away out of that, Donegal accent on a girl Hot!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Off the top of my head there's Tallaght / Southwest Dublin, South Dublin (Terenure / Templeogue / Rathfarnham / Dundrum), D4, Inner City Dublin, North Dublin (Howth / Malahide), County Dublin (Outside the city). That's six, all of which are fairly distinct. There are the variations and combinations of the above.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

The Walking Dead Boardwalk accent is disgusting to hear and is an embarrassment to the working class in this city

dobman88 wrote: »
    I said most are stuck up twats, not all. The few I've met have been some of the most unlikable people ever.

Yes, I know that statement makes me sound like a cu.nt but it is just my limited experiences.

You've met few, have limited experience, yet you can say that most are stuck up twats.

Brilliant :pac:
    loves wrote: »
    Hi guys,

could anybody post here a video with the D4-accent? I just wonder, if dublin accents in general are considered to be ununderstandable or weird. Maybe it was a wrong way of mine, but all videos on youtube, where you can here people from Dublin, make me to think, that dublin accents are the most understandable in the whole world.

Hey loves, welcome to boards.

We don't really like when you bump old threads I'm afraid. You might have some luck getting youtube vids in the Cool Vids & Pics & Links forum but please read their charter before posting there as it may not be allowed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement