Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lehinan RTE: We never promised jobs

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

dresden8 wrote: »
    T
    What Lenny said was
    "....the referendum was presented as a job creation program, that is simply not correct"

Aspirations or promises are not the issue, Lenny claims neither happened in the first place.

Direct from the FF website.
    Yes to Lisbon, Yes to FDI, Yes to New Jobs

This isn't whining about the Lisbon vote, it's done and dusted for better or worse, your opinion or mine doesn't matter any more. It will play out as it plays out.

Lenny has been caught out spinning lies.

This man wants to trust us with 54 billion plus of our money.

Vague slogans are not promises of jobs. However it is likely to lead to more investment and lower borrowing costs. I think that given 91% of independent economists in Ireland thought Lisbon was a good thing spells that out.
    "....the referendum was presented as a job creation program, that is simply not correct"
    Well that is true. The treaty was presented as an important reform of the EU. And by voting Yes the knock-on would likely be more job and investment, and I hope they are right. To be honest I feel dirty supporting Lenihan in any way, I wouldn't trust the man to run a sweetie shop.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 932 ✭✭✭PaulieD

meglome wrote: »
    Vague slogans are not promises of jobs.

What is vague about Yes for new jobs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭The Raven.

That is not the issue here. We're not talking about aspirations to job creation or promises of job creation.

What Lenny said was

Aspirations or promises are not the issue, Lenny claims neither happened in the first place.

Direct from the FF website.

This isn't whining about the Lisbon vote, it's done and dusted for better or worse, your opinion or mine doesn't matter any more. It will play out as it plays out.

+1. The only people who mentioned 'promises' are those who refuse to see what is there in front of them. The term 'whining' is an unnecessary put down of people trying to engage in a serious debate. The 'Yes to Jobs' was shoved in our faces all over the country, on every lampost and space available, no matter what spin is put on it now.
    Lenny has been caught out spinning lies.

This man wants to trust us with 54 billion plus of our money.

This is a very valid point and a cause for serious concern.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,289 ✭✭✭dresden8

And by voting Yes the knock-on would likely be more job and investment,

More jobs does not mean job creation?

I am puzzled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

As I said above, it's hilarious that "Yes for jobs" is being seen as vague, while Lenihan views his vague and convoluted plans for NAMA as clear enough for us to agree to trust him on......

Proof positive that in Fianna Fail, everything is upside-down.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

More jobs does not mean job creation?

I am puzzled.

You missed the political-speak get-out clause, dresden:
    And by voting Yes the knock-on would likely be more job and investment

Unfortunately, Lenihan & Co refused to put that on the posters - "Yes to likely jobs" or "Yes to maybe jobs" is more truthful but isn't as convincing.

This asshole needs to be made face up to the FACT that he misled people - AGAIN.

Or maybe I'm being unfair; maybe - like the reports that highlighted that Anglo Irish was a cesspit to be avoided at all costs - he didn't read the pre-production proof of the poster.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 notolis

Hear all the YES MEN....BAHHHHHHHHH, BAHHHHHHHHHHH, like sheep following the government...you deservre all you get. Couldn't be arsed to read the treaty for yourselves, or at least inform yourselves...IS IT ANY WONDER WE'RE IN THIS STATE???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭seclachi

Maybe he meant we`d all keep our current jobs... or something.

What a farce the whole campaign has been, both yes and no sides, the treaty was represented as almost everything but what it actually is, a legal treaty effecting the structure of the EU.

I guess we`ll get to see in the future if the EU can do a better job than our government.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

This thread has almost entirely failed to generate substantive debate of any kind, while producing an absolute rash of reported posts.

moderately,
    Scofflaw

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement