Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lehinan RTE: We never promised jobs

Options
  • 03-10-2009 5:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭

When asked this morning ""Was it he promise of jobs that swung the vote to a Yes"

Lenihan responded:

"We never promised jobs as a result of a Yes vote"

lisbon-yes1.jpg

I just want to point out the hypocrisy of this statement. I'd ask posters to keep on topic and would not expect this thread to be locked / deleted or closed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

The Yes voters will say it's true.. nothing was promised

but nobody 'promised' a 1.84 minimum wage either

It's plainly obvious that the Yes for Jobs posters were hugely misleading, and it's horrible that people won't admit to it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

A disgrace we should storm the Dail i had enough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 554 ✭✭✭spongeman

But so much of the country fell for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭ei.sdraob

Hootanany wrote: »
    A disgrace we should storm the Dail i had enough

of yee go

most people on the YES side dont like FF either

but we can tell our potatoes from tomatoes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭free-man

ei.sdraob wrote: »
    of yee go

Any chance of Fianna Fail being pressured to step down now are virtually nil.
    Glad you can tell potatoes from tomatoes though :(

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 932 ✭✭✭PaulieD

ei.sdraob wrote: »
    of yee go

A Yes vote has secured Brian Cowen and Fianna Fail will stay in power until 2012 and Nama will now pass. A Yes vote will do nothing, absolutely nothing, to help solve our economic woes.

As for Yes for jobs. Laughable. After tax harmonisation, expect a mass exodus of multinationals to eastern europe.

You were warned.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

We've had this thread. And free-man, if you want a moderator job, fill in the appropriate forms like everyone else.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Thread re-opened. Don't make me regret it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

PaulieD wrote: »
    After tax harmonisation, expect a mass exodus of multinationals to eastern europe.

You were warned.

After the third world war, id imagine lots of people will die.

Why do I bring this up? Because like your point about Tax Harmonisation, it has nothing to do with Lisbon at all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sED3iApAvE

Surely the people were misinformed, they didnt understand the treaty. They voted Yes for job creation, but according to Mr Lenihan, "thats simply incorrect."

• Advertisement

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sED3iApAvE

Surely the people were misinformed, they didnt understand the treaty. They voted Yes for job creation, but according to Mr Lenihan, "thats simply incorrect."

Good Paulie, if the video doesnt initially back up your point you should just keep on posting it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,113 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

free-man wrote: »
    When asked this morning ""Was it he promise of jobs that swung the vote to a Yes"

Lenihan responded:

"We never promised jobs as a result of a Yes vote"

lisbon-yes1.jpg

I just want to point out the hypocrisy of this statement. I'd ask posters to keep on topic and would not expect this thread to be locked / deleted or closed.

The state of Irish politics is truly depressing. :(

Just off the phone to a hardcore FF'er and even he thinks this was a really dumb thing for Lenihan to say.

...what's worse is the ****wits on here trying to defend it. :rolleyes:

Fuhrer wrote: »
    Good Paulie, if the video doesnt initially back up your point you should just keep on posting it anyway.

I hope you enjoyed it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

I voted yes, for many reasons, but my decision was absolutely nothing to do with any empty promises made by idiot Fianna Fail politicians. And Fianna Fail are being deluded a$$holes if they really think that their support did anything positive for the Yes campaign, in my opinion they are due absolutely no credit for the referendum result.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,289 ✭✭✭dresden8

Lenihan is telling porkies, plain and simple.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055700471

http://www.fiannafail.ie/news/entry/YestoLisbon/
    Yes to Lisbon, Yes to FDI, Yes to New Jobs

My italics, my bold, my huge text as so many people seemed to miss it on the previous thread.

Straight off the FF website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 943 ✭✭✭OldJay

A Yes vote has secured Brian Cowen and Fianna Fail will stay in power until 2012 and Nama will now pass. A Yes vote will do nothing, absolutely nothing, to help solve our economic woes
    Thats either naive or blinkered. I don't care which. Either way the coalition govt and Nama had nothing to do with the treaty in the first place.

Of course, non-ratification of the Treaty would have affected our economy. Our clout in the EU would have been severely hit and that would have had an adverse effect on our economy.

Aside from bare-faced LIES about abortion, EU commissioner and their veto, taxation policies, euthanasia, conscription, minimum wage, workers rights, accession and the legality of a legal guarantee, what exactly did the 'No' campaigners have as a motive for their rhetoric? Government destabilisation. Electioneering.
    These lying hypocrites used a constitutional issue as a party political mud-slinging match.
    Even having done that, you support them? lol

Justind wrote: »
    Even having done that, you support them? lol

That's the worst part about Lisbon, everybody with legitimate concerns about Lisbon gets lumped with Coir and Libertas and labelled a loon.

That dismissive "lol" says it all.

dresden8 wrote: »
    That's the worst part about Lisbon, everybody with legitimate concerns about Lisbon gets lumped with Coir and Libertas and labelled a loon.

Any everyone who voted Yes gets lumped in the same group by you.

Cry your Crocodile tears

Cry your Crocodile tears

Well apart from the Yes voting group, link please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Long Onion

As for Yes for jobs. Laughable. After tax harmonisation, expect a mass exodus of multinationals to eastern europe.

You were warned.

Thanks mystic Meg. But in reality, the fact is that the veto on domestic taxation matters remains unaltered by Lisbon, so the harmonisation of the tax base cannot proceed unless the Irish Government (whoever that may be) decides that it wants in - this makes your post ill informed.

The Yes to jobs poster issue is a poor reflection of our politicians - all of them and playing semantics no will not make them decent people. Threatening others with the fact that the multinationals will flee to Eastern Europe is exactly the same thing as that which you are complaining about.

The only thing that has disappointed me more during the Lisbon debate, than the campaigns of misinformation and downright lies is the continuing fact that neither side saw anything wrong with doing exactly the thing they complained about in the first instance.

• Advertisement

Well apart from the Yes voting group, link please.

There you go

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/search.php?searchid=8736363

That comes up with no posts.
    Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 943 ✭✭✭OldJay

The biggest swing element for this referendum was the clarity on issues made available by way of the Legal Guarantees. These guarantees basically debunked the myths that the 'No' vote won last year upon.

I laughed because this PaulieD fella is still making it a party political issue when it was anything but that and the side who were leading the 'No' vote campaign were also making it a party politicial issue given their comments yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭Musha

The Lisbon "Yes for Jobs" but they did not tell you all those jobs would be in Poland, Czech Rep, Bulgaria ... Just ask the workers of Dell

That comes up with no posts.

It was supposed to be just a search for all your posts.

But hey, thats not what matters. What matters is that you are crying about how the No vote all get lumped in together while doing the same thing to the Yes side. Crocodile tears

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭turgon

Indeed we do. And we are given out to for daring to suggest a link between Coir and No voters. This referendum has been typified by people failing to apply their values in equal measure to both the side theyre on and the side theyre against.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Well a commissioner for both Croatia and Turkey is two new jobs, created only by the Lisbon Treaty!

efb wrote: »
    Well a commissioner for both Croatia and Turkey is two new jobs, created only by the Lisbon Treaty!

Thats nice of them to give Turkey a commissioner, how about Australia, Argentina, China and Japan as well?

It was supposed to be just a search for all your posts.

But hey, thats not what matters. What matters is that you are crying about how the No vote all get lumped in together while doing the same thing to the Yes side. Crocodile tears

So you made an accusation, I asked for proof and you deliberately respond with a blank page.

Interesting burden of proof you hold yourself to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

He is a Slimeball retracting like that

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement