Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lehinan RTE: We never promised jobs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

dresden8 wrote: »
    So you made an accusation, I asked for proof and you deliberately respond with a blank page.

Interesting burden of proof you hold yourself to.

No, I responded with a list of all your posts.

Its a pretty easy point to understand, you're either pretending that you dont understand it or simply cant understand it. Either way, I pity you.

Also, given what you consider to be proof, ill take that as a compliment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Fuhrer wrote: »
    Thats nice of them to give Turkey a commissioner, how about Australia, Argentina, China and Japan as well?

Well according to the no side, Turkey's accession was a done deal under Lisbon. (A Taxi driver told me!)

They get in, they get a commissioner! Go Lisbon!

efb wrote: »
    Well according to the no side, Turkey's accession was a done deal under Lisbon. (A Taxi driver told me!)

If Turkey get in, it will be because of the Nice treaty.

But they probably wont.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,289 ✭✭✭dresden8

No, I responded with a list of all your posts.

Its a pretty easy point to understand, you're either pretending that you dont understand it or simply cant understand it. Either way, I pity you.

You made an accusation, I asked for proof.

You are unable to provide it and and now trying to spoof your way out of it.

I take the insult as proof that you know you have been found out and are trying to start a row to divert attention away from your obvious error.

Any more insults you care to hurl?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

Eh, Helloooo - most of the opposition also supported the Treaty. I don't see anyone knocking them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

It was supposed to be just a search for all your posts.
    Searches are temporary - the URL doesn't last.

Also, given what you consider to be proof, ill take that as a compliment.

What, stuff like links and accurate quotes?

Which you have singularly failed to provide.

What, stuff like links and accurate quotes?

Which you have singularly failed to provide.

Yes links to Youtube videos and vague slogans about potential future growth are really a great proof of your point.

Oh sorry, am I lumping you in with coir again?

Yes links to Youtube videos and vague slogans about potential future growth are really a great proof of your point.

Oh sorry, am I lumping you in with coir again?

I think you'll find I provided links to the Minister's statement and an official Fianna Fail press release.

Nothing vague there. They are the subject of the thread.

What you got?

If Turkey get in, it will be because of the Nice treaty.

But they probably wont.

The commission increases cos of Lisbon though, re: original point, MORE JOBS!!!:P

• Advertisement

I think you'll find I provided links to the Minister's statement and an official Fianna Fail press release.

Nothing vague there. They are the subject of the thread.

Yes and they dont support your points. The streamlined decision making process will make it easier to get through decisions on investment that will lead to jobs, do you deny that?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

Taxi driver spreads nonsense :eek: I never thought that could happen. Turkey's accession was in no way connected to Lisbon. Turkey could have acceded already under Lisbon. Turkey is years, if not decades away from even meeting the criteria to apply for membership.

The streamlined decision making process will make it easier to get through decisions on investment that will lead to jobs, do you deny that?

This isn't a discussion about Lisbon. Lisbon is done and over. It's coming in, move on.

This is a discussion about Minister Lenihan telling porkies.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

This isn't a discussion about Lisbon. Lisbon is done and over. It's coming in, move on.

If that's the case I suggest you're on the wrong forum and would be better served elsewhere.

And what was he talking about? Ah right, Lisbon.

But yeah, you're right. Nothing to do with Lisbon.

Are you avoiding the fact that because of Lisbon the commission can increase, ergo, more jobs!

prinz wrote: »
    If that's the case I suggest you're on the wrong forum and would be better served elsewhere.

We are where we are, to coin a phrase, because this is where the thread is.

The mods have seen fit to leave it in this forum.

That's good enough for me.

And what was he talking about? Ah right, Lisbon.

But yeah, you're right. Nothing to do with Lisbon.

Minister Lenihan was talking about how the campaign was run. Seriously, didn't you listen to the vid?

Minister Lenihan was talking about how the campaign was run. Seriously, didn't you listen to the vid?

And what campaign was that for? OH RIGHT! LISBON!

Are you avoiding the fact that because of Lisbon the commission can increase, ergo, more jobs!

That is off topic for this thread which is discussing Minister Lenihan's statement about the campaign, not about Lisbon.

How many times does this have to be said.

Lisbon is through, you won, well done.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭The Raven.

I just wish people would stop referring to 'THE' No Campaign and 'THE' Yes Campaign! There were several campaigns on both sides, each with their own agenda. They are not joined at the hip just because they chose to vote one way or another.

The same nonsense occurs when people keep repeating the mantra 'WE voted for this government'. 'WE' didn't!!! Some people did!

Now it is being said that 'WE' voted for Lisbon. Have a heart :)!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

"Vague" ??? "Yes to Jobs" is a lot less vague than the same asshole's "we'll pay the banks a certain amount - definitely more than it's worth, but we won't say how much because......blah blah blah"

And something tells me that you'd accept THAT as "specific enough" ?

And where's the "terms and conditions and u-turns apply" that change that SPECIFIC phrase "YES. TO. JOBS" into "potential" ? I mean, our former Financial so-called Regulator made sure that TV & radio ads included that "out"........was it in small print on the BACK of the posters ?

It's funny, actually, and it shows just how pathetic Fianna Fail are; if they were CONVINCED that they had ACTUALLY dealt with the concerns that "caused" people to vote no in the last referendum, they wouldn't have had to resort to gilding the lily with this **** campaign, and they wouldn't be in the mess that they've now landed themselves in by reneging on it......deja vu, anyone ?

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    "Vague" ??? "Yes to Jobs" is a lot less vague than the same asshole's "we'll pay the banks a certain amount - definitely more than it's worth, but we won't say how much because......blah blah blah"

And something tells me that you'd accept THAT as "specific enough" ?

And where's the "terms and conditions and u-turns apply" that change that SPECIFIC phrase "YES. TO. JOBS" into "potential" ? I mean, our former Financial so-called Regulator made sure that TV & radio ads included that "out"........was it in small print on the BACK of the posters ?

eh, what?

Another interesting development in relation to the subject of this thread:

It has been said that the 'Yes to Jobs' posters around Co. Kildare are disappearing at a much faster rate than ever before. Are they being saved as mementos or ammunition for the future, or are the politicians trying to destroy the evidence after the horse has bolted :D??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

eh, what?

Yawn! The post is perfectly clear.

The Raven. wrote: »
    Another interesting development in relation to the subject of this thread:

It has been said that the 'Yes to Jobs' posters around Co. Kildare are disappearing at a much faster rate than ever before. Are they being saved as mementos or ammunition for the future, or are the politicians trying to destroy the evidence after the horse has bolted :D??

The beauty of the internet.

Everything is stored electronically in a million (yes possible hyperbole) different places.

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    Yawn! The post is perfectly clear.

Yeah ok, thats great.

The beauty of the internet.

Everything is stored electronically in a million (yes possible hyperbole) different places.

Yes, fortunately. I wouldn't be surprised if some of it gets deleted though :D!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

I'll try to explain this again... an aspiration that jobs will be created is not the same as a promise that jobs will be created. Personally I don't know any yes voters that had jobs as their primary reason to vote yes to an EU treaty. Of course it's great that we will save hundreds of millions on our interest bill but I personally voted Yes to the many reforms.

Any chance the whining will stop?
    The Raven. wrote: »
    Yes, fortunately. I wouldn't be surprised if some of it gets deleted though :D!

Use archive.org etc and you won't need to worry about the conspiracy.

• Advertisement

meglome wrote: »
    I'll try to explain this again... an aspiration that jobs will be created is not the same as a promise that jobs will be created.

That is not the issue here. We're not talking about aspirations to job creation or promises of job creation.

What Lenny said was
    "....the referendum was presented as a job creation program, that is simply not correct"

Aspirations or promises are not the issue, Lenny claims neither happened in the first place.
    Yes to Lisbon, Yes to FDI, Yes to New Jobs

Direct from the FF website.

This isn't whining about the Lisbon vote, it's done and dusted for better or worse, your opinion or mine doesn't matter any more. It will play out as it plays out.

Lenny has been caught out spinning lies.

This man wants to trust us with 54 billion plus of our money.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement